• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

TMI Alert: Bleeding after Molly?

Swimfan82

Greenlighter
Hello! This is kind of a general question but I haven't been able to find any information about this particular after-affect.

A little background- I started the Depo shot for birth control at the age of 15 at which time I ceased having a period. I remained on the shot until my mid-20's and my husband and I decided to stop the shot and try for a baby. I conceived about 2.5 months after the last shot wore off, but that wasn't enough time for my period to return. Of course, no period during pregnancy, then when my daughter was 6 weeks old, I had an IUD implanted (and replaced every 5 years as needed).

I am now 37 years old and had maybe one or two episodes of MAYBE a spot or two over the last 20 or so years (not even enough to waste a pantyliner), but not remotely what one would consider an actual cycle.

Ok, I tried Molly for the first time about 4 years ago and have had a few great rolls (always with a good rest in between) sometimes a night (roughly a gram), sometimes a whole weekend (maybe 1.25 gram split up over 2 days). Also of note that I've been using the same supplier since the beginning who is a trusted source with consistent product.

My recovery times have always been without great incident, I've always been able to bounce back to business as usual.

BUT.

About every other roll, I have a real live honest to God period for a day or two, then it goes away. No cramps, bloating, PMS symptoms, etc, just some annoying bleeding then buh-bye.

This is SUPER confusing because I read that MDMA was created to curb uterine bleeding specifically.

In trying to figure this out, I've read tons of research about how it affects females, but I can't find any reason why it would stimulate my cycle to the point that I'm experiencing actual menorrhea.

Could this just be where stimulants can interfere with a regular cycle and it's not MDMA related at all?

TL;DR: I think occasional Molly use might be causing me to have a short menstrual period when heavy-duty birth control has been able to completely prevent it from happening for 20 years.

All in all, it's not a HUGE deal, I was just curious if anyone else had experienced similar?

Thanks!

I don't know why it would cause you to experience bleeding but I do know that something's fucky about your story: are you actually doing a gram/night?

That's a shit tonne of M. Have you tested it? Sounds like you may have some pretty bunk shit if you're able to do that much in a night and not feel completely fucked up from it for days after. Never mind days after, I'm pretty sure you'd experience significant negative effects during use if you were blasting through a gram in a night.

Are you getting the weight wrong?

I'm honestly confused. You seem quite lucid.....aka, not as if you blast throug a gram a night.

I don't mean to sound like a dickhead but that's a rather unsafe amount to go through in a single night.

Yeah a gram of molly a night is insane. People don’t often do but they have definitely died from less and please to god tell me you didn’t roll while you were pregnant lol.

^Hes right though that a lot of people would have lasting negative effect doing that much.

I agree with the above. It appears your drugs are less pure than you think because if you did a gram of MDMA you'd be in lala land. I once mistakenly did 0,8g over a long night and I was talking to a fire extinguisher thinking it was a person and that's far from the craziest thing that happened that night, FAR from. By that time I had been rolling for years and years already but even experience won't save you from the ass-whooping a gram of pure MDMA will give you. Please start testing your drugs, you might be surprised by the results. A normal dose of MDMA is 120mg for someone weighing 80kg, so you are doing about 10 times the dose you should be doing

That said, MDMA is known to influence a woman's period in some cases so it's definitely possible a huge amount of MDMA causing all sorts of issues with it

I agree with the above. It appears your drugs are less pure than you think because if you did a gram of MDMA you'd be in lala land. I once mistakenly did 0,8g over a long night and I was talking to a fire extinguisher thinking it was a person and that's far from the craziest thing that happened that night, FAR from. By that time I had been rolling for years and years already but even experience won't save you from the ass-whooping a gram of pure MDMA will give you. Please start testing your drugs, you might be surprised by the results. A normal dose of MDMA is 120mg for someone weighing 80kg, so you are doing about 10 times the dose you should be doing

That said, MDMA is known to influence a woman's period in some cases so it's definitely possible a huge amount of MDMA causing all sorts of issues with it
I thought it plateaus after 200mg and you won’t feel any extra effects?

I thought it plateaus after 200mg and you won’t feel any extra effects?
no larger doses of mdma are on another level all together. when i did 600 mg i was forsure i was going to die a blissful death i was lying there with music in the headphones literally thinking i was in a concert talking to friends and going through many very life like scenes. 200 mg is where mdma is strong 300-400 mg + doses are where mdma becomes very different and very psychedelic.

@Swimfan82 Not sure about your dose, as that does sound quite unsafe.

Besides that...are you and your partner using the MDMA for sex? Don't underestimate what 8 hours of sex can do. I have had periods come, periods stop, etc. What kind of IUD do you have? If you are having mad, crazy sex on MDMA and you have an IUD, that bleeding could be indicative of a serious problem. Those IUDs sometimes perforate the uterus, and they can eve migrate outside of the uterus and "get lost" in the abdominal cavity. Another possibility if you are using the MDMA for sex and you have a hormonal IUD is that all that activity is causing a greater than normal release of the hormones in the IUD.

More info would be helpful to understand what is going on in your situation.

why do people say don’t take more than 200mg?

There was some research that showed neuro-toxicity at doses over 200 mg. At least, that was what circulated the harm reduction community in the early 00s.

I have a male friend that was doing around 1 gram of MDMA for 8 months. On top of the severe psychological issues he incurred, he also had a period of time where he was shitting blood . He told me he thinks the anal bleeding is related to his MDMA abuse, but i'm not certain.

I have a male friend that was doing around 1 gram of MDMA for 8 months. On top of the severe psychological issues he incurred, he also had a period of time where he was shitting blood . He told me he thinks the anal bleeding is related to his MDMA abuse, but i'm not certain.

Could be related. MDMA does have some effect on your gastrointestinal system and most seretoning receptors are located there, though I don't actually know anything about whether or not any of them are the correct subtype to be affected directly by MDMA.

I am by no means an expert. I just know that 1 g dosing is a bad idea. It's kind of like drinking a whole bottle of gin in an hour instead of making do with four Negronis in that same hour. I mean, you can, but what's the point? Is it worth it? Is it more enjoyable to guzzle the whole bottle than it is to enjoy four quick cocktails? Not in my experience!

I thought I read that, if that’s not true why do people say don’t take more than 200mg?

I mean yeah that’s generally a good rule although even 200mg is a decent bit. But of course you can take more. It’s an amphetamine. Take more = stronger effects. otherwise people wouldn’t die from huge doses lol

1.25g over 2 days isn't ott... if the OP is from the UK i wouldn't be surprised lol... it's not in one go obviously :) we would regularly do 4-8 pills a night on nights out.