• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

TMA (135mg) - First Time - A taste of mescaline’s rare and strange amphetamine homologue.

Psychestim

Bluelighter
I didn’t change much from the original notes I made during the trip so you have a better understanding of how I felt during the trip. My conclusion and short TL;DR is at the bottom.

I saw it as my duty to write a trip-report for this extremely novel psychedelic amphetamine because there are less than a handful of trip-reports online and information on 3,4,5-trimethoxyamphetamine (TMA a.k.a. TMA-1 ) is scarce. It was acquired from the darknet and verified by Saferparty through laboratory analysis.

Backround infos:
  • sex: male
  • weight: 76kg
  • setting: at home, alone (roommate is studying in his room)
  • set: a little bit tired, also a bit nervous but really curious
  • tolerance: none
Breakfast was eaten 3.5 hours prior to dosing the TMA. No substances were consumed before this experience.
HR right before the experience - 68 bpm

135mg TMA [oral] / Trip Report:
T:00:00:
At 01:58 pm, I swallow a capsule containing approximately 130-140mg TMA. I’m really excited because it’s my first trip on a psychedelic amphetamine. I’m a huge fan of the 2C family and I wonder what TMA has to offer.

T:00:33:
My hands are cold but there are no effects as of yet.

T:00:50:
My hands are clammy and I notice that something is happening. My pupils are slightly dilated but still relatively normal.

T:01:02:
I still can’t pinpoint any real psychedelic effects, but I notice a slight bodyload. Stretching and yawning feels nice.

T:01:17:
No visuals and no mood improvement as of yet. We’ll see what’s going to happen next :)

T:01:30:
Listening to some Alan Watts Chillstep compilations and they are amazing. Intensity is still on the rise. Come-up is long, but not unpleasant. Vasoconstriction is there, but not worse than 2C-B’s.

T:01:52:
HR measured and slightly elevated, but as expected (87bpm).
I do have some stomach discomfort but it’s not unbearable and lighter than on 2C-B and -E. Probably on par with 2C-D. No nausea. I notice very slight and short-lasting entactogenic properties because I want to communicate with people and would love to trip with my gf, but she’s not here unfortunately.

T:02:02:
Finally, some visuals are appearing and it seems like the come-up is coming to an end. I can see a few kaleidoscopic patterns waving up and down when I close my eyes. No colorful or intense CEV’s like with other psychedelics but I do notice some geometry. No OEV’s so far, this aspect reminds me of 2C-D. Music is enhanced and I experience the familiar phenethylamine bodyload, but its actually not uncomfortable.

T:02:17:
I’m a little bored because not much is happening. Seems like I hit the peak of the experience but I’m at a light ++ on the Shulgin scale I would say.

T:02:44:
I do have some CEV’s but they are not really colorful and they aren’t forceful. I have to focus for the hallucinations to come out. TMA is not a really euphoric compound but it is certainly not unpleasant. As of now Im not sure where I should categorize this drug. It just isn’t good or bad but it’s neutral and some might probably call it bland. Very slight open eye changes happening like the letters are moving when I’m typing words but that’s about it. Very clear-headed, sometimes a little dysphoric but pretty controllable.

T:02:52:
I’m focussing on the CEV’s now and they are quite beautiful and very different to what I’ve previously seen with the 2C-family. Very subtle and almost shy, but visuals are definitely present. Drinking water doesn’t feel weird like on acid.

T:02:59:
It isn’t as stimulating as I thought it would be but I do notice quite significant stimulation, probably similar to 2C-B. OEV’s are basically non-existent apart from some light drifting.

T:03:11:
It is not as friendly as some other phenethylamines. It’s like 2C-B’s shy, introverted brother who isn’t as inviting or forthcoming, but also not rough or mean. Its headspace is reminiscent of other phenethylamines although being a bit more hazy like I had smoked a bit of weed.

T:03:17:
Oddly enough, my appetite is not as suppressed as with 2C-B or LSD. I ate a chocolate snack and it was delicious.

T:03:33:
This is the peak of the experience and I am fairly unimpressed so far. I do feel quite relaxed though so maybe I shouldn’t write off the experience. It does offer some unique qualities that I have not experienced with other classes, namely how the visuals appear and how they look. Also, the headspace is unique and offers some sort of introspection which might be useful for talk therapy. My mood is much more volatile/erractic than on related phenethylamines.
Heart rate is 92bpm.

T:03:46:
I take it back, TMA is not bland. It’s actually quite introspective if you let it take over you, which admittedly can be a little difficult because the effects aren’t as forceful or intense and it feels like not much is going on. I see red and pink patterns that are dancing along the music I’m listening to. Finally I’ve allowed the TMA to work its wonders and take me where it wants to.

T:04:12:
It’s not all about the visuals. This compound feels much nicer now as I have surrendered to it. I’m no longer doubting its presence or strength. TMA can quite certainly be a powerful psychedelic drug and demands respect. It is very clear-headed and subtle but still deep and introspective. I have no thought loops, but it’s still mentally challenging me a little. I want to analyze the compound but it’s not letting me, like it wants to be left alone.

T:04:21:
Laying in silent darkness now and watching a meditation music video. Pretty peaceful and lovely. The experience has settled into sth. really soothing and it feels more comfortable now. The trip is in a plataeu where it doesn’t get more intense but the effects are still very much working their charme. I’m looking forward to trying it’s brother TMA-2 in the future.

T:04:38:
Temperature regulation feels quite off with this compound and hypertension is to be expected. Now as I’m lying in my dark room I only notice the physical effects of the TMA. There are no visuals, there is no “obvious” headspace but the physical effects are quite apparent. Slight chest and head pressure appear, but it’s not too annoying. I always get headaches with the 2C-family so I expect sth. similar to happen with TMA. In all other aspects though TMA feels substantially different to the 2C family.

T:05:15:
The effects are winding down a bit. TMA is a weird one, it doesn’t shine in any category, except for novelty and for those that are seeking that it might be enjoyable, but for me personally it feels kind of lackluster, even though it’s deeper, more introspective, more mysterious and also more ominous than 2C-B/-D/-E at a comparable dose. It also feels dirtier and a little more toxic than the 2C compounds I’ve tried, but that could very well be placebo as I’m still tripping.

T:05:40:
Pupils are still widely dilated and the effects are still clearly present although it’s coming to an end. Enhanced visual acuity, stimulation and other physical side-effects remain. My appetite is not suppressed and food actually tastes good, wheras on LSD I need to force myself to eat and everything tastes like clay.

T:06:18:
Heart rate is measured at 76bpm.
Watching an episode of Scrubs. My stomach hurts a bit and I feel gassy, but nothing out of the ordinary when consuming phenethylamines.

T:06:41:
I retract, TMA doesn’t feel more toxic than other psychedelics I was just hyper-aware and sensitive, which made the physical component more apparent. I imagine it having a similar physical harm potential as MDMA or other amphetamines, but that’s just speculation. Still coming down, but I feel like it’s gonna be over soon.

T:06:58:
The main effects have pretty much faded by now but some mild stimulation and the head pressure remain.

T:07:29:
My hearing is really sensitive and there’s still the annoying pressure in my head. The experience was exhausting and I wonder what DOB or DOC must feel like after tripping a whole day.

T:11:22:
Went to bed at 01:20 am. Rest stimulation, accelerated thoughts and head pressure kept me awake for another hour.

T:~12:17:
Fell asleep around 02:15 am. For reference I can usually fall asleep after 5-15 minutes when going to bed.

The day after:
T:18:09:
Woke up at 08:07 am. Slept alright but my head still hurts a bit, which is reminiscent of other psychedelic phenethylamines. It’s not a real headache rather an annoying pressure in my brain. I gotta say though that it’s not as bad as I thought it would be.

T:20:19:
Minor headache still present but barely noticeable. Emotionally I feel fine.

Conclusion and TL;DR:
Do I recommend it? No. Is it interesting? Yes. I am excited to see how the other amphetamines perform as I have a few others waiting in line (TMA-2, DOM, DOB, DOC). IMO TMA-1 is a strange substance and it doesn’t really shine in anything except for novelty and those novelty-seekers are the only people I would recommend it to (not like anyone else would get their hands on it anyway). It’s certainly not unpleasant but not really pleasant either. In my experience TMA felt very different, more neutral, shy and unfriendlier than the 2C-x, but it was still an interesting and emotional journey I was glad to partake in. I don’t blame the TMA for the dysphoria, because that’s the nature of a trip and isn’t necessarily exclusive to this psychedelic. I had a hard time letting go in the beginning, especially because I didn’t experience any obvious effects or in-your-face visuals even though I felt its presence quite clearly and that relatively intense. I don’t have anymore TMA left and I’m in no hurry to try it again, but if I would revisit the substance I’d go for a 180-200mg dose to explore the compound fully.
Thanks for reading. Stay safe.

Edit: Time stamps were off

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_tma
substancecode_amphetamines
substancecode_phenethylamines
explevel_firsttime
exptype_neutral
roacode_oral

Last edited:
Hi and welcome! What a great report - thanks for writing it up and sharing it!

Reading it made me want to ask a few questions.

Have you used any of the 'scalines before? They have a very different vibe than the four substituted tryptamines, lysergamides, and even 2C-x classes. I wonder how you would compare this to them.

I also wonder about the dose. I'm very much not advocating that anyone start higher, but I wonder if future experiences at higher doses could be more satisfying. I really don't know. Back when I had very few psychedelics that I could access, I took DOC for the first time at 1.5mg. I thought that it was a bland, austere drug - it was if it was just the steel scaffold of a psychedelic experience with none of the richness or flair of a fully fleshed out psychedelic. I took the time to revisit it at 2mg and realized that my first experience was just an uncomfortable underdose, enough to make me hyperaware of the side effects without providing me with the satisfaction to compensate.

Subsequently, I tried proscaline and had an experience much like yours. Was it the character of the drug that was bland or was it an underdose? I'll never know, because in these days with so many drugs and so little time, I'll probably never take the time to revisit it. It's a shame, but I don't have a solution.

As for the "toxic" feeling, I would describe a feeling that I get from some of the 'scalines, particularly MAL the same way. I also get it from 2C-T-2. There's a metallic feeling, a taste, a tension, an energy that I can't describe another way. With MAL and 2C-T-2, the quality of the experience compensates for it, though.

I look forward to hearing back from you on your TMA-2 adventures! That's another one that I hear mixed things about, but people these days generally seem to think it's a real winner.

Thanks for the report! I tweaked the title slightly to confirm to guidelines, and tagged it for use with our trip reports database functionality.

This is our first report at Bluelight of TMA (ie, TMA-1). It doesn't sound like a winner... interesting how making mescaline into an amphetamine could remove so much of what makes mescaline special. In the 2C-X/DOX families, making a 2C-X an amphetamine certainly does change it, but the change produces something every bit as special as the phenethylamine, if not even moreso.

Hi and welcome! What a great report - thanks for writing it up and sharing it!

Reading it made me want to ask a few questions.

Have you used any of the 'scalines before? They have a very different vibe than the four substituted tryptamines, lysergamides, and even 2C-x classes. I wonder how you would compare this to them.

I also wonder about the dose. I'm very much not advocating that anyone start higher, but I wonder if future experiences at higher doses could be more satisfying. I really don't know. Back when I had very few psychedelics that I could access, I took DOC for the first time at 1.5mg. I thought that it was a bland, austere drug - it was if it was just the steel scaffold of a psychedelic experience with none of the richness or flair of a fully fleshed out psychedelic. I took the time to revisit it at 2mg and realized that my first experience was just an uncomfortable underdose, enough to make me hyperaware of the side effects without providing me with the satisfaction to compensate.

Subsequently, I tried proscaline and had an experience much like yours. Was it the character of the drug that was bland or was it an underdose? I'll never know, because in these days with so many drugs and so little time, I'll probably never take the time to revisit it. It's a shame, but I don't have a solution.

As for the "toxic" feeling, I would describe a feeling that I get from some of the 'scalines, particularly MAL the same way. I also get it from 2C-T-2. There's a metallic feeling, a taste, a tension, an energy that I can't describe another way. With MAL and 2C-T-2, the quality of the experience compensates for it, though.

I look forward to hearing back from you on your TMA-2 adventures! That's another one that I hear mixed things about, but people these days generally seem to think it's a real winner.
Hi, thanks for the kind words!

I have not used any 'scalines before, but I have 250mg MAL in my possession which I'm excited to try at some point. I will report back when I decide to dive into it! This will probably take a while unfortunately, as I don't have that much time to trip either and other psychedelics have a higher priority for me atm. From my limited experience with TMA I can say that it did feel unique and different to the substituted tryptamines, lysergamides and 2C-x I've had, but not enough to impress me.

I originally planned on an initial dose of 150mg, but it turned out that I only had 135mg TMA. I guess, that it'll become somewhat more interesting (visually, mentally, physically) at the 180mg+ mark, but I doubt that it would be a favorite among the psychedelic connoisseurs (at any dose). As of now, I would, for the most part, agree with Shulgin's assessments of TMA-1 in PiHKAL, but perhaps further trials with it would change that. What surprised me was the complete absence of any euphoria, cheerfulness or any other fun aspects like increased humor or increased libido. Most psychedelics, at comparably even lighter doses, provided more mood-lift or over-appreciation of things for me than TMA at this dose. Again, this could change with a higher dose or further experiences, but I don't really see it become a favorite of mine regardless. There is just not enough going for it that would make me come back to it, aside from the novelty of course.

I believe, that the volatility and lack of pIeasurable effects enhanced and exaggerated my sensitivity to the physical effects of the TMA and made them feel more "toxic" than they actually are. I don't think that it is any more dangerous than related compounds but it did make me worry about my physical safety a bit more than other psychedelics, I must say.

I will definitely report back! My next amphetamine is probably going to be TMA-2 or DOM, I'm not entirely sure yet.

What surprised me was the complete absence of any euphoria, cheerfulness or any other fun aspects like increased humor or increased libido. Most psychedelics, at comparably even lighter doses, provided more mood-lift or over-appreciation of things for me than TMA at this dose.

Wow, that really is astonishing! Many people don't like mescaline, because they're expecting the experience to bludgeon them upside the head in the way that indole psychedelics do. The lighter headspace and more delicate visual display can make it feel weak sauce for someone looking to catapult into the far reaches of the cosmos. Where mescaline really shines in my opinion is in the vibrance, cheer, and loving heart that it so often elicits, particularly at low doses. That those qualities were entirely absent from TMA would be enough for me to write it off forever, too, if I were in your position.

I would give it another shot at a higher dose if the opportunity would present itself, but I’m probably not gonna seek it out again. :)

Mescaline sounds awesome from the reports I’ve read and one of the compounds I’m gonna buy next. Would you say 300mg is a good dosage for a first-timer who’s experienced with psychedelics?

Also, may I ask what your favorite psychedelics are?

I didn’t change much from the original notes I made during the trip so you have a better understanding of how I felt during the trip. My conclusion and short TL;DR is at the bottom.

I saw it as my duty to write a trip-report for this extremely novel psychedelic amphetamine because there are less than a handful of trip-reports online and information on 3,4,5-trimethoxyamphetamine (TMA a.k.a. TMA-1 ) is scarce. It was acquired from the darknet and verified by Saferparty through laboratory analysis.

Backround infos:
  • sex: male
  • weight: 76kg
  • setting: at home, alone (roommate is learning in his room)
  • set: a little bit tired, also a bit nervous but really curious
  • tolerance: none
Breakfast was eaten 3.5 hours prior to dosing the TMA. No substances were consumed before this experience.
HR right before the experience - 68 bpm

135mg TMA [oral] / Trip Report:
T:00:00:
At 01:58 pm, I swallow a capsule containing approximately 130-140mg TMA. I’m really excited because it’s my first trip on a psychedelic amphetamine. I’m a huge fan of the 2C family and I wonder what TMA has to offer.

T:00:33:
My hands are cold but there are no effects as of yet.

T:00:50:
My hands are clammy and I notice that something is happening. My pupils are slightly dilated but still relatively normal.

T:01:02:
I still can’t pinpoint any real psychedelic effects, but I notice a slight bodyload. Stretching and yawning feels nice.

T:01:17:
No visuals and no mood improvement as of yet. We’ll see what’s going to happen next :)

T:01:30:
Listening to some Alan Watts Chillstep compilations and they are amazing. Intensity is still on the rise. Come-up is long, but not unpleasant. Vasoconstriction is there, but not worse than 2C-B’s.

T:01:52:
HR measured and slightly elevated, but as expected (87bpm).
I do have some stomach discomfort but it’s not unbearable and lighter than on 2C-B and -E. Probably on par with 2C-D. No nausea. I notice very slight and short-lasting entactogenic properties because I want to communicate with people and would love to trip with my gf, but she’s not here unfortunately.

T:02:02:
Finally, some visuals are appearing and it seems like the come-up is coming to an end. I can see a few kaleidoscopic patterns waving up and down when I close my eyes. No colorful or intense CEV’s like with other psychedelics but I do notice some geometry. No OEV’s so far, this aspect reminds me of 2C-D. Music is enhanced and I experience the familiar phenethylamine bodyload, but its actually not uncomfortable.

T:02:17:
I’m a little bored because not much is happening. Seems like I hit the peak of the experience but I’m at a light ++ on the Shulgin scale I would say.

T:02:44:
I do have some CEV’s but they are not really colorful and they aren’t forceful. I have to focus for the hallucinations to come out. TMA is not a really euphoric compound but it is certainly not unpleasant. As of now Im not sure where I should categorize this drug. It just isn’t good or bad but it’s neutral and some might probably call it bland. Very slight open eye changes happening like the letters are moving when I’m typing words but that’s about it. Very clear-headed, sometimes a little dysphoric but pretty controllable.

T:02:52:
I’m focussing on the CEV’s now and they are quite beautiful and very different to what I’ve previously seen with the 2C-family. Very subtle and almost shy, but visuals are definitely present. Drinking water doesn’t feel weird like on acid.

T:02:59:
It isn’t as stimulating as I thought it would be but I do notice quite significant stimulation, probably similar to 2C-B. OEV’s are basically non-existent apart from some light drifting.

T:03:11:
It is not as friendly as some other phenethylamines. It’s like 2C-B’s shy, introverted brother who isn’t as inviting or forthcoming, but also not rough or mean. Its headspace is reminiscent of other phenethylamines although being a bit more hazy like I had smoked a bit of weed.

T:03:17:
Oddly enough, my appetite is not as suppressed as with 2C-B or LSD. I ate a chocolate snack and it was delicious.

T:03:33:
This is the peak of the experience and I am fairly unimpressed so far. I do feel quite relaxed though so maybe I shouldn’t write off the experience. It does offer some unique qualities that I have not experienced with other classes, namely how the visuals appear and how they look. Also, the headspace is unique and offers some sort of introspection which might be useful for talk therapy. My mood is much more volatile/erractic than on related phenethylamines.
Heart rate is 92bpm.

T:03:46:
I take it back, TMA is not bland. It’s actually quite introspective if you let it take over you, which admittedly can be a little difficult because the visuals aren’t as forceful or intense and it feels like not much is going on. I see red and pink patterns that are dancing along the music I’m listening to. Finally I’ve allowed the TMA to work its wonders and take me where it wants to.

T:04:12:
It’s not all about the visuals. This compound feels much nicer now as I have surrendered to it. I’m no longer doubting its presence or strength. TMA can quite certainly be a powerful psychedelic drug and demands respect. It is very clear-headed and subtle but still deep and introspective. I have no thought loops, but it’s still mentally challenging me a little. I want to analyze the compound but it’s not letting me, like it wants to be left alone.

T:04:21:
Laying in silent darkness now and watching a meditation music video. Pretty peaceful and lovely. The experience has settled into sth. really soothing and it feels more comfortable now. The trip is in a plataeu where it doesn’t get more intense but the effects are still very much working their charme. I’m looking forward to trying it’s brother TMA-2 in the future.

T:04:38:
Temperature regulation feels quite off with this compound and hypertension is to be expected. Now as I’m lying in my dark room I only notice the physical effects of the TMA. There are no visuals, there is no “obvious” headspace but the physical effects are quite apparent. Slight chest and head pressure appear, but it’s not too annoying. I always get headaches with the 2C-family so I expect sth. similar to happen with TMA. In all other aspects though TMA feels substantially different to the 2C family.

T:05:15:
The effects are winding down a bit. TMA is a weird one, it doesn’t shine in any category, except for novelty and for those that are seeking that it might be enjoyable, but for me personally it feels kind of lackluster, even though it’s deeper, more introspective, more mysterious and also more ominous than 2C-B/-D/-E at a comparable dose. It also feels dirtier and a little more toxic than the 2C compounds I’ve tried, but that could very well be placebo as I’m still tripping.

T:05:40:
Pupils are still widely dilated and the effects are still clearly present although it’s coming to an end. Enhanced visual acuity, stimulation and other physical side-effects remain. My appetite is not suppressed and food actually tastes good, wheras on LSD I need to force myself to eat and everything tastes like clay.

T:06:18:
Heart rate is measured at 76bpm.
Watching an episode of Scrubs. My stomach hurts a bit and I feel gassy, but nothing out of the ordinary when consuming phenethylamines.

T:06:41:
I retract, TMA doesn’t feel more toxic than other psychedelics I was just hyper-aware and sensitive, which made the physical component more apparent. I imagine it having a similar physical harm potential as MDMA or other amphetamines, but that’s just speculation. Still coming down, but I feel like it’s gonna be over soon.

T:06:58:
The main effects have pretty much faded by now but some mild stimulation and the head pressure remain.

T:07:29:
My hearing is really sensitive and there’s still the annoying pressure in my head. The experience was exhausting and I wonder what DOB or DOC must feel like after tripping a whole day.

T:13:18:
Went to bed at 01:20 am. Rest stimulation, accelerated thoughts and head pressure kept me awake for another hour.

T:~14:15:
Fell asleep around 02:15 am. For reference I can usually fall asleep after 5-15 minutes when going to bed.

The day after:
T:18:09:
Woke up at 08:07 am. Slept alright but my head still hurts a bit, which is reminiscent of other psychedelic phenethylamines. It’s not a real headache rather an annoying pressure in my brain. I gotta say though that it’s not as bad as I thought it would be.

T:20:19:
Minor headache still present but barely noticeable. Emotionally I feel fine.

Conclusion and TL;DR:
Do I recommend it? No. Is it interesting? Yes. I am excited to see how the other amphetamines perform as I have a few others waiting in line (TMA-2, DOM, DOB, DOC). IMO TMA-1 is a strange substance and it doesn’t really shine in anything except for novelty and those novelty-seekers are the only people I would recommend it to (not like anyone else would get their hands on it anyway). It’s certainly not unpleasant but not really pleasant either. In my experience TMA felt very different, more neutral, shy and unfriendlier than the 2C-x, but it was still an interesting and emotional journey I was glad to partake in. I don’t blame the TMA for the dysphoria, because that’s the nature of a trip and isn’t necessarily exclusive to this psychedelic. I had a hard time letting go in the beginning, especially because I didn’t experience any obvious effects or in-your-face visuals even though I felt its presence quite clearly and that relatively intense. I don’t have anymore TMA left and I’m in no hurry to try it again, but if I would revisit the substance I’d go for a 180-200mg dose to explore the compound fully.
Thanks for reading. Stay safe.

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_tma
substancecode_amphetamines
substancecode_phenethylamines
explevel_firsttime
exptype_neutral
roacode_oral

Much appreciated and I look forward to your TMA-2 report :). I’m currently contemplating if TMA-2 is worth the effort of hunting down, lots of mixed experiences.

-GC

I would give it another shot at a higher dose if the opportunity would present itself, but I’m probably not gonna seek it out again. :)

Mescaline sounds awesome from the reports I’ve read and one of the compounds I’m gonna buy next. Would you say 300mg is a good dosage for a first-timer who’s experienced with psychedelics?

I like it at 300mg, certainly not overwhelming for someone that's experienced. Mescaline is rarely overwhelming regardless. Still, it's impossible to say for sure. It really depends on what you're after, what level of intensity that you're looking for. Unlike many psychedelics, it's actually quite lovely at lower dosages. That's where its empathogenic and euphoric character dominates rather than it's psychedelic character. It's those qualities that make me rate it in my top three.

For insight and self-development, I like 4-xxx-DMT and pharmahuasca the best so far. For wholesome hedonism, I think I like 5-MeO-MiPT the best. But really, I see them like spices. I couldn't tell you whether I like cumin better than coriander--it's just a question of what's the right application.

Last edited:
I like it at 300mg, certainly not overwhelming for someone that's experienced. Mescaline is rarely overwhelming regardless. Still, it's impossible to say for sure. It really depends on what you're after, what level of intensity that you're looking for. Unlike many psychedelics, it's actually quite lovely at lower dosages. That's where its empathogenic and euphoric character dominates rather than it's psychedelic character. It's those qualities that make me rate it in my top three.

For insight and self-development, I like 4-xxx-DMT and pharmahuasca the best so far. For wholesome hedonism, I think I like 5-MeO-MiPT the best. But really, I seem them like spices. I couldn't tell you whether I like cumin better than coriander--it's just a question of what's the right application.

That's a great answer! I sort of expected a reply like this, but I'm always curious if and which substances stick out from the rest for some people. :)
Have a good day!

300mg of Mescaline extract is the dose I took. It's a good dose and was the most beautiful trip of my life. Mescaline is my favourite, I think I even prefer it to DMT because you have more time to enjoy it, I've never tried oral DMT tho. Whilst 300mg is a good dose the next time I do it I definitely want to step up the dosage. Because similarly to DMT and 2CB, mescaline has a calming positive effect on the mood despite it being a powerful psychedelic. Because of this mood effect I feel comfortable really exploring mescaline and taking a heavy dose (I'm thinking 450mg). I will still have a couple of benzos to hand too tho.

Interesting, a lot of people I have talked to (on here) find it to be a great drug. It's basically a DOX like DOC or DOM, but with a methoxy on the 4 position. It's DOM with an extra oxygen. I haven't tried it yet but I fully expect to enjoy it a lot, as I love the DOX family of drugs.

Thanks a lot for the report! It's great to hear about this one, it's so interesting in terms of how it fits into the phenethylamine structure-activity relationships yet so rare. Sorry that you found it a little bland at times but it's still cool to learn more about it, and I think it at least sounds like the kind of thing I might enjoy as a novelty too, in addition to wanting to try it to fit it into that SAR pattern. I do also wonder what you might have thought of a higher dosage, although it sounds like you had a decent level of effect at least already.

I can see a few kaleidoscopic patterns waving up and down when I close my eyes.

This description actually reminds me of the visuals of TMA-2, which are notably kaleidoscopic for me in comparison to most other things I've tried, although you later describe pink and red visuals for the TMA, whereas my TMA-2 visuals tend to be in the blue and green area. I'd actually love to see them firsthand myself and compare and contrast.

Its headspace is reminiscent of other phenethylamines although being a bit more hazy like I had smoked a bit of weed. ... My mood is much more volatile/erractic than on related phenethylamines.

That sounds like it might be interesting at a higher dosage, though also like it might be weird.

I take it back, TMA is not bland. It’s actually quite introspective if you let it take over you, which admittedly can be a little difficult because the effects aren’t as forceful or intense and it feels like not much is going on. I see red and pink patterns that are dancing along the music I’m listening to. Finally I’ve allowed the TMA to work its wonders and take me where it wants to.

Reading this part makes me jealous lol. I really hope to get some myself some day. I think it does sound like something I would actually could enjoy, even if it's not the craziest thing ever.

My appetite is not suppressed and food actually tastes good, wheras on LSD I need to force myself to eat and everything tastes like clay.

This is the case with a lot of phenethylamines for me. It's why I've started thinking more actively about eating on them too, since if I don't I'll actually get really hungry and be more bothered by it than I would on something like LSD, and I figure I might as well enjoy the taste sensations while tripping and such.

Watching an episode of Scrubs.

Yay Scrubs. I'm actually rewatching it from start to finish for the first time since it was originally airing I think right now. Great show.

I would definitely try it given the opportunity, but it doesn't excite me to seek out. TMA-2, on the other hand... fortunately I have some doses of that and will get to it eventually. TMA-2 is the most interesting because it is a DOX (DOMeO, ie, DO-methoxy, ie 2,5-dimethoxy-4-methoxyamphetamine, or also known as 2,4,5-trimethoxyamphetamine, or TMA-2), unlike the others, which lack the 2,4,5 substitution pattern that produces so much magic in the psychedelic phenethylamines.

Your conclusions sound exactly like mine when it comes to 4-methylallylescaline, the 2,4,5 pattern seems to make for a better a more balanced high. The exception seems to be mescaline which is a brilliant compound.
For the tmas: tma-2 is by far the best compound and tma-6 is much lamer in every aspect, by a far bit more like your description of tma.