View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tips for a noob diving into DMT

hogglesworth

Greenlighter
Hey guys! just wanted to say thanks to all who have posted here on the forum, i've read some great stories and helpful information. I'm looking to try DMT. I'm a casual weed smoker, tried coke and mushrooms a few times. The last two years have been pretty tough to be honest. Lost a good paying job (cant find a job anywhere near the pay and in a dead end job right now), went through a bad break up lost a house we had together, family health problems father had a stroke, and developed a sports gambling problem. My interest in DMT is from a few podcasts Ive been listening to where they say that people with addiction issues or depression could benefit from DMT b/c it could help you reset yourself and look at things with a different perspective. What intrigues me is i know i have a issue with gambling, but I'm pretty sure it is because of depression and mostly the worthlesness i feel from not having a good job and being financial broke rock bottom. In my head i feel like gambling is one of the only ways it can get me back on my feet and be better off which is totally retarded, i know. But something went wrong with the wiring in my head and I know and can tell the difference mentally than what i was like before. This is what im hoping DMT could try and help me out a bit and give my brain a different wiring.

Now I came here from a tip on another site to learn some information and get a few pointers. In my area the simple drugs are somewhat accesible through friends like weed, coke, dig a little deeper and can find shrooms molly exctasy etc. But when i ask friends where can i look for dmt or if they knew anyone or anywhere I can land some dmt they look at me like i have three heads, not even sure if they know what it is. Now i dont wanna get banned b/c i know i see in the rules when i joined you cant ask where to get it or buying or selling drugs here etc thats not what im asking for, what im asking for is what kind of places would one go about seeking dmt. Whether it be cities like NYC or bars, or concerts, parks, etc. Someone on another site told me to try and hit up a hippie concert along those lines.

My other question is what is the usual amount you buy from someone for a session of it? and how much? im not asking for specifics but a range, is it cheap like ganga or im assuming its more pricey. I dont know if its like $50 or like $800 no clue but i could see it being expensive since its so rare.

Best way to smoke the dmt for a rookie? i dont have elaborate contraptions and bongs or pipes like ive been reading. I do have a simple glass bubbler that i smoke weed with, and with the dmt do you smoke just the dmt or do you sprinkle it on the weed or something along those lines?

any helpful information or tips greatly appreciated. Im new here and wanted to say this forum is great and look forward to hearing from you all.

Smoked DMT only lasts a few minutes, so it doesn't seem like it would be good for a truly introspective trip. For that purpose, you'd be better off using the traditional method: Brewing Ayahuasca tea, which allows for the drug to be taken orally by combining a DMT-containing plant with one that contains an MAO inhibitor, resulting in a trip several hours long. Or you could just take shrooms.

Thanks for the tip Hodor, much appreciated. I also heard Ayahuasca get brought up and would consider that as well. I'll have to look into how to get my hands on the plants to make this stuff. Thanks bud!!

People mostly extract their own dmt or buy it off the dnm if someone doesn't give it to them. DMT is really unique like that as it's so easily extracted from many natural sources.

You could probably find dmt at a hippy festival or something along those lines but your best option would probably be learning how to extract it yourself. Way more bang for your buck and about as difficult as baking a cake. It can be more dangerous because of the materials used and the threat of law enforcement but it really is simple.

But like Hodor said it is a very quick experience. I found it to be great for acclimating you to strong longer trips, but it only lasts a few minutes. It can be too fast paced to really understand at times. Ayahuasca or pharmahuasca may be more introspective since you'll have more time to integrate the experience.

But be forewarned, it could change you in ways you aren't expecting. It can be like reshuffling a deck of cards. It has the ability to alter how you you perceive the world and change what you value in life, which can be a positive thing or a negative thing depending on what your current goals are. It is a great experience, but just be ready to view your existance in a larger context than most people are used too.

Thanks tacodude for the encouragment. I thought extracting it was more along the mad scientist type with beakers and glass jars but you made it sound more attainable. I appreciate the heads up thanks! I'm gonna look into what plants I can get my hands on that I could extract it from.

I wouldnt recommend smoked DMT if your looking for self improvement, since you have no control what will happen. Never tried aya/pharmahuasca so cant comment on that. But for me best insights have come on bigger 250ug+ lsd trips, and extacy and mushrooms combo. Personally i would recommend mushrooms, but i also think you cant change yourself by doing psychedelics. You can grab some good ideas that you can use on your own life, but usually i forget them after the trip. Great way to help deppression or anxiety though, and could give perspective on your gambling habit. This is just my opinion, and have read incredible stuff about ayahuasca, and maybe pharmahuasca would be the way to go, but cant comment on that. Good luck on your soul searching journey and much love.

Years ago a was given some 5MEO-DMT. Most intense high of my life. Was a daily speed user at te time. Came out of the trip, turned to my buddy and said: "I don't need to do drugs anymore." I don't remember the trip but I remember coming out knowing that I didn't need them and I indeed quit and was clean for a few years. I've since relapsed but I have a feeling it's gonna be a short one since it's very situational and circumstances have just changed for the better. Anyway that's my eperience, not saying you will have te same. It did make me extremely nauseated though and I threw up all over myself. I'd been drinking red wine earlier so my friend thought I was dying. Fun times.