• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants TINA took my boyfriend

It's not usual for meth to result in death this quickly, but it can happen. Cardiac arrest is the most common cause of it due to amphetamines. Like people!e said, fentanyl can be laced I. It as well. I need to get updated on this because just a year ago the percentages were in fact not reported as high as they are this year, here, by people in US overdose mortality research from what I learned then. Fentany is becoming a bigger and bigger problem. Here in Canada as well, but in the US especially.

I can't make suppositoons as to whether he had any laced product, so to answer about this toward meth in and of itself. If that's all he had, he was just unfortunate. Usually people do use it for much longer before the cumulative effects result in any kind of mortality.
The physical review of the body showed no damage to the heart that would be common with a heart attack.

it has become a very serious problem in the US, something like 30-60% of tested street meth, cocaine and other drugs like bootleg xanax has tested positive for fentanyl

it's infiltrated everything

solarbear: that is so sketchy better test stuff if you source on the street
It's not usual for meth to result in death this quickly, but it can happen. Cardiac arrest is the most common cause of it due to amphetamines. Like people!e said, fentanyl can be laced I. It as well. I need to get updated on this because just a year ago the percentages were in fact not reported as high as they are this year, here, by people in US overdose mortality research from what I learned then. Fentany is becoming a bigger and bigger problem. Here in Canada as well, but in the US especially.

I can't make suppositoons as to whether he had any laced product, so to answer about this toward meth in and of itself. If that's all he had, he was just unfortunate. Usually people do use it for much longer before the cumulative effects result in any kind of mortality.
Thanks Joey I was just thinking how uncommon that is appreciate the clarification I was trying to formulate something along these lines

Ok I was strolling around reading different post and came across an OP from 2009 - harm reduction- if you don’t think it could happen to you. The main idea of the post was what can happen with iv drug use.

One of the comments mentions over growth of yeast/fugal skin infections from iv heroine use I believe. Also, I didn’t know people used their femoral veins to hide the track marks.

2 months before my man’s death he had this weird looking rash similar to ring worm but not.. kinda started slightly under his arm pit and ran down his rib cage. It would kinda flair up then go down. Less than a month before he died it flared up big time but he wouldn’t go to the dr. So I picked up some athletes foot cream and forced him to apply it. Worked like a charm. Rash started to dry up.

Around the same time he started to complain about his groin aching. Sometimes complaining when he bent over the pain made him nauseous. He blamed it on possible hernia but again wouldn’t seek medical attention and it was bilateral. Likely hood of having a hernia on both sides at the same time is beyond rare.

He had been on hormone replacement therapy for years due to steroid use in his youth. So he was well versed with a needle and prescribed plenty of needles in various sizes.

This all makes me lean towards he was shooting some kind of opioid in his femoral veins. Instead of OD by smoking crystal. It’s all speculation at this point I know. But the cops just automatically went to fentanyl spiked Crystal and I just don’t feel that in my gut 🤷‍♀️ Thoughts?

Ok I was strolling around reading different post and came across an OP from 2009 - harm reduction- if you don’t think it could happen to you. The main idea of the post was what can happen with iv drug use.

One of the comments mentions over growth of yeast/fugal skin infections from iv heroine use I believe. Also, I didn’t know people used their femoral veins to hide the track marks.

2 months before my man’s death he had this weird looking rash similar to ring worm but not.. kinda started slightly under his arm pit and ran down his rib cage. It would kinda flair up then go down. Less than a month before he died it flared up big time but he wouldn’t go to the dr. So I picked up some athletes foot cream and forced him to apply it. Worked like a charm. Rash started to dry up.

Around the same time he started to complain about his groin aching. Sometimes complaining when he bent over the pain made him nauseous. He blamed it on possible hernia but again wouldn’t seek medical attention and it was bilateral. Likely hood of having a hernia on both sides at the same time is beyond rare.

He had been on hormone replacement therapy for years due to steroid use in his youth. So he was well versed with a needle and prescribed plenty of needles in various sizes.

This all makes me lean towards he was shooting some kind of opioid in his femoral veins. Instead of OD by smoking crystal. It’s all speculation at this point I know. But the cops just automatically went to fentanyl spiked Crystal and I just don’t feel that in my gut 🤷‍♀️ Thoughts?
Ahhh okay, I think you may be on to something there my dear...it would make more sense.

The truth is that you could spend the rest of your life asking yourself that question, but I don't truly feel it will give you the closure you're seeking. He chose to do something known to be dangerous. Granted, he didn't consider it to be deadly, but he knew there were risks.

He basically just gambled and lost like many of us do. I don't mean to be an asshole or to be overly frank, but we are responsible for our own decisions with these drugs. Arguably, the hit that we have the most control over is the very first one.

I would guess that he most likely had an underlying condition like cardiovascular disease. Some doctors call it "Cocaine Heart" and it goes by many other similar names, as Cocaine was the primary killer in these scenarioes for decades (note: Cocaine is indeed more cardiotoxic proportionally than Amphetamines, but both can cause serious damage), but now Methamphetamine is becoming more popular (more and more popular I should say).

An autopsy would have been nice, because that would have been the closest you would come to answers.

The truth is that you could spend the rest of your life asking yourself that question, but I don't truly feel it will give you the closure you're seeking. He chose to do something known to be dangerous. Granted, he didn't consider it to be deadly, but he knew there were risks.

He basically just gambled and lost like many of us do. I don't mean to be an asshole or to be overly frank, but we are responsible for our own decisions with these drugs. Arguably, the hit that we have the most control over is the very first one.

I would guess that he most likely had an underlying condition like cardiovascular disease. Some doctors call it "Cocaine Heart" and it goes by many other similar names, as Cocaine was the primary killer in these scenarioes for decades (note: Cocaine is indeed more cardiotoxic proportionally than Amphetamines, but both can cause serious damage), but now Methamphetamine is becoming more popular (more and more popular I should say).

An autopsy would have been nice, because that would have been the closest you would come to answers.
I appreciate blunt truths.. and value perspectives that differ from mine. I’m analytical thinker. Even with few missing pieces of a puzzle you still can see what the overall picture is.

An extensive autopsy was done. The coroner examination of the body states no physical signs of cause of death. Inconclusive results. Full toxicology panel has been done. Waiting for results.

I appreciate blunt truths.. and value perspectives that differ from mine. I’m analytical thinker. Even with few missing pieces of a puzzle you still can see what the overall picture is.

An extensive autopsy was done. The coroner examination of the body states no physical signs of cause of death. Inconclusive results. Full toxicology panel has been done. Waiting for results.
I'm just curious honey and please by all means, we don't have to continue talking about this if you're not comfortable. Does that mean there was no heart failure or underlying heart disease?

Well, that really gives you an opportunity for some answers. It's not uncommon these days to find Fentanyl and other potent synthetic Opioids in everything from Cocaine to Methamphetamine to Heroin. There have been multiple reports from different regions of North America in which users of Methamphetamine and Cocaine have died of Fentanyl overdoses.

I really hope you find some answers and even more so, I hope you are able to find peace in letting your loved one go but keeping him in your heart always. I know it's hard. I've lost people to similar circumstances and it's a lot of emotion.

I'm just curious honey and please by all means, we don't have to continue talking about this if you're not comfortable. Does that mean there was no heart failure or underlying heart disease?
Correct.. no physical signs could be seen or be pinpointed for the coroner to determine cause of death. The incisions left behind from the autopsy were mind blowing. We all think about an autopsy as some CSI episode but in reality they are very primal and unemotional. I don’t mind talking about it.. it’s just as bizarre to me. Hearing other peoples opinions gives me a wider prospective of things.

Correct.. no physical signs could be seen or be pinpointed for the coroner to determine cause of death. The incisions left behind from the autopsy were mind blowing. We all think about an autopsy as some CSI episode but in reality they are very primal and unemotional. I don’t mind talking about it.. it’s just as bizarre to me. Hearing other peoples opinions gives me a wider prospective of things.
I just got a call from the investigating sheriff.. cause of death was ruled by methamphetamines toxicity 💔☹️

I just got a call from the investigating sheriff.. cause of death was ruled by
I just got a call from the investigating sheriff.. cause of death was ruled by methamphetamines toxicity 💔☹️
no fentanyl was found in his system nor in the drugs found at the scene.

The toxicology report came back showing only methamphetamines in his system. Negative for any other drug. They ruled cause of death: Methamphetamine toxicity.

Blood methamphetamine - 1289 ng/ml; amphetamine - 194 ng/ml

If I’m doing my math right mg to ng.. that doesn’t seem like a toxic level. Thoughts?

The toxicology report came back showing only methamphetamines in his system. Negative for any other drug. They ruled cause of death: Methamphetamine toxicity.

Blood methamphetamine - 1289 ng/ml; amphetamine - 194 ng/ml

If I’m doing my math right mg to ng.. that doesn’t seem like a toxic level. Thoughts?
Oh :( Hmm. I guess that's it then?

Not really the significant findings you were hoping for...?

A similar thing happened with my best friend. His tox report said that he ODd from ketamine...it just doesn't make sense because he had a huge tolerance to K and never IMd it, only snorted it, so I don't know how he could physically have ingested enough to OD. So there will forever be questions left unanswered for me.

Do you feel like you have closure honey?

It’s such a small amount of Meth found in his blood.. it’s hard to believe that’s what caused his death. It takes 500ngs to test positive.. that’s the lowest amount a test can detect. Lethal amounts, according to google, are 150-200mgs. I just think cops jumped to overdose because there was a pipe on the counter and didn’t do their due diligence. Anyway it still wouldn’t change the outcome.

It’s such a small amount of Meth found in his blood.. it’s hard to believe that’s what caused his death. It takes 500ngs to test positive.. that’s the lowest amount a test can detect. Lethal amounts, according to google, are 150-200mgs. I just think cops jumped to overdose because there was a pipe on the counter and didn’t do their due diligence. Anyway it still wouldn’t change the outcome.
I wish I could hug you in person <3

The physical review of the body showed no damage to the heart that would be common with a heart attack.
Not all forms of a "heart attack" are easily visible by autopsy. Fatal arrhythmia's have almost no physical signs. Both methamphetamine and steroid use(even prior) greatly contribute to heart problems. I hate to conjecture but it seems the most likely cause.

Not all forms of a "heart attack" are easily visible by autopsy. Fatal arrhythmia's have almost no physical signs. Both methamphetamine and steroid use(even prior) greatly contribute to heart problems. I hate to conjecture but it seems the most likely cause.
I agree.. I just hat that his death certificate says meth toxicity as cause of death. His poor mom seeing that and everyone she has to turn it into will judge him as a junky ☹️

My beloved passed in July 2018 of suspected heroin OD. The investigation by local authorities was very sloppy. Idk maybe they saw her as just another blkk woman dead from an OD.

I concluded an intentional OD if it was IV cocaine, but later learned of the heroin. Somethings I just didn't want to accepted also simply didn't trust. Today I'm at peace with only crumbs of information but it's still daily work. I've since been involved with a new woman.

I'd like to share; take your time, give yourself permission to navigate the grief process and do not rush into a new relationship. It was very unfair to my current lady as she had to accept all my unresolved baggage.

May expansive mercy be bestowed upon your loved one's soul

My beloved passed in July 2018 of suspected heroin OD. The investigation by local authorities was very sloppy. Idk maybe they saw her as just another blkk woman dead from an OD.

I concluded an intentional OD if it was IV cocaine, but later learned of the heroin. Somethings I just didn't want to accepted also simply didn't trust. Today I'm at peace with only crumbs of information but it's still daily work. I've since been involved with a new woman.

I'd like to share; take your time, give yourself permission to navigate the grief process and do not rush into a new relationship. It was very unfair to my current lady as she had to accept all my unresolved baggage.

May expansive mercy be bestowed upon your loved one's soul
Thank you so much for sharing that <3 Bless you xxx