• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Detox Time to wake up and face reality

number

Greenlighter
Hi all,
I send Power to all of you who are fighting to win the battle against addiction!

My personal war is against pharmaceuticals.
I'm not sure if you consider those as drugs at all, if this is wrong forum, can moderator move this first message.

I've been using those (this time) 2 years.
I don't wan't to numb myself anymore, and joining this forum is at least a start to kick the habit.

"Drugs" that I use;
  • Tramadol
  • Diazepam (same as valium)
  • Xanax
  • Pregapalin
  • Dihydrocodeine
  • morphine (didn't work for me so I don't take them anymore)
  • oxycodone (didn't work for me so I don't take them anymore)

About daily doses: (I work from hone and I wake up usually around 11:00)
  • about two hours after waking up, the first dose is 600 mg Tramadol (tablets, but I chew them to get faster fix) I don't get any euphoria, just feeling normal, make me able to function better.
  • Then there is about 4-5 hour break. Then I consume drugs listed below:
  • Tramadol (average daily total is 1300 mg - 1500 mg)
  • pregapalin 1050 mg average
  • Xanax 6 mg average
  • Diazepam 30 - 50 mg
  • Dihydrocodeine 600 mg ( I take less tramadol in the evening when using dhc)

I consume those around 6 hours period in the evening. those make me numb. Escaping reality done... (Then I don't think/do things that I should. It takes stress away. I don't get any euphoria anymore, just numbing myself. )

Due this my life is as numb like me. Stuck in a mud, no movement. This is so God damn stupid that I can't understand why I eat that S**t. I'm an addict, that is the reason. I've always been addict. Now I will force it tot he background and control it. Keep the addiction restrained.

I don't drink alcohol, because I had very bad drinking problem when I was younger. It almost killed me, I could talk alcohol problems 100 pages, but this thread is not about drinking.

If there anything positive in this, that would be ability use my will and steer clear from hard drugs. For that I'm Very grateful. When I was drinking myself to dead, i also used some drugs. speed, Cannabis, LSD, couple of times heroin.

There is some information about my situation, sending this message a good start, it shows my mind that now is time for changes.

I'd like to quit all of them all at once. If someone have been similar situation, I'd appreciate if you could share your experience.

Any advice or anything is greatly appreciated.

Thank you for reading this message, I wish you all the best!

Best regards,

-number-
PS (English is not my first language, sorry about spelling mistakes in the message,)

Welcome NUMBer! If your goal is "to quit them all at once" as you stated it would be irresponsible of me to suggest anything other than a medically monitored detox. If you are going to attempt to do it on your own then for your safety it would probably be a good idea not to attempt to do everything at the same time. Your tramadol intake alone has some dangers because of the off label effects of tramadol as a limited SSRI.

You also have a markedly significant intake of benzodiazapenes. This will possibly cause difficulty in legally obtaining maintenance medications to replace your opiates. Many jurisdictions are cracking down on the prescribing of benzodiazapenes in concert with ORT because of the additive CNS depression effects.

If you are obtaining these through a licensed professional it would make sense to make the professional aware of your intentions to get off the medications and let them handle the taper/detoxification.

If anyone gives you medical sounding advice on this forum please feel free to ask them what their malpractice liability insurance information is so that maybe your family can make a claim if things don't work out.

OP, do you have any plans on how you want to approach getting into recovery or off the substances you mentioned? Let us know what you're thinking :)

Welcome NUMBer! If your goal is "to quit them all at once" as you stated it would be irresponsible of me to suggest anything other than a medically monitored detox. If you are going to attempt to do it on your own then for your safety it would probably be a good idea not to attempt to do everything at the same time. Your tramadol intake alone has some dangers because of the off label effects of tramadol as a limited SSRI.

You also have a markedly significant intake of benzodiazapenes. This will possibly cause difficulty in legally obtaining maintenance medications to replace your opiates. Many jurisdictions are cracking down on the prescribing of benzodiazapenes in concert with ORT because of the additive CNS depression effects.

If you are obtaining these through a licensed professional it would make sense to make the professional aware of your intentions to get off the medications and let them handle the taper/detoxification.

Very well said.

Thank you jdfisse for very good suggestions. Unfortunately I'm currently residing in a country, that monitored detox is not possible. In this country I have unlimited access to the benzodiazapanens, Tramadol and, Pregapalin (legally I think, because every pharma sells those OTC). I'm going to do this myself, that's the only option available. Support person would be great, but I'm kind of loner nowadays, so my support is writing in this Forum.

Toothpastedog, thank you for your question. I'm going to drop xanax and pregabalin cold, I stopped taking xanax two days ago, and today I will quit pregabalin. I still have such a large dose of Tramadol and diazepams, so I think that stopping those two works.

At the same time I've started to get my diet healthy again. Other methods are getting back my exercise routine, and meditation as a new thing. It's not totally new, but it's been years since I meditated.

First week I'm going like this, and think about Tramadol tapering schedule. That one I don't stop cold since the dose is now so high, up to 2000mg in some days, but usually it's around 1500mg.

What does of tramadol do you take? 2g/day is quite the dose, but I worked my way up around there when I was using it a lot too.

Sounds like you have a pretty good idea what you're doing.

How long have you been taking each of the meds you'll be stopping soon?

I'm not sure if you are asking me the tramadol effects in the first sentence, or could it be a typo?

However, I guess it doesn't hurt to write here what I get from tramadol.

1. I take my first dose 2-3 hours after waking up. It's been 600mg long time, but I dropped it yesterday to 500mg. Now that the daily dose is quite high, 600mg-500mg makes me feel normal, and gives a little bit energy.
Sometimes very mild euphoria too, but making me feel normal, or better functioning is absolutely the main effect.

2. After parking my motorcycle for a day, I start the numbing process. Second dose has been past two months 5-6 xanax, 400mg tramadol, 700mg pregabalin. I take those at the same time when I get back home. Rest of the evening I take the remaining 300 pregabalin, tramadol up to 2g, but usually only 1,5g and diazepam/xanax. Not at once but dosing about 1 hour intervals. The purpose and effect of this is 8 hours of numbness and watching youtube etc. High doses of tramadol is probably the main contributor to achieve the numb state.
_________

This is so god damn stupid, that now it's the Will's time to kick the Mind's ass, and move on with my life.

About those two that I dropped; xanax 3-4 days ago, and today is the first evening without pregabalin.

I've been taking pregabalin and xanax on/off for a past two+ years, but now they have been in daily use about two months.

Tramadol and diazepam (valium) have been in daily use for over two years.

Thank you for your reply.

This is not going very well. I'm at the same point as in the first post.

Could someone kindly tell me some advice to the following question?

If I stop taking tramadol cold turkey, but take diazepam to help the body to cope, is there some kind of danger when doing this?

Naturally choice is mine, but would really appreciate some help.

This is not going very well. I'm at the same point as in the first post.

Could someone kindly tell me some advice to the following question?

If I stop taking tramadol cold turkey, but take diazepam to help the body to cope, is there some kind of danger when doing this?

Naturally choice is mine, but would really appreciate some help.

With so much going on, instead of dropping, how about tapering one or two at a time, in order to make a future drop more manageable. This is of course if you absolutely cannot get yourself medical supervision. With all those substances and at those amounts, that would be the prudent thing to do. Wishing you all the best.

Please be careful taking that much tramadol. Anything over 700 mg a day can land you in seizure town. Taking the benzos is probably what's keeping that from happening. I highly recommend tapering both your diazepam and tramadol together...or tapering the tramadol and THEN tapering the diazepam, not the other way around. If you're taking that much tramadol, you WILL have a grand mal seizure one of these days, especially if you aren't on any benzos. You're in a country where that shit is OTC? Damn, that's tough..but I guess not much different than a recovering alcoholic here in the states.

I know when I was in India and Southeast Asia, I was basically a kid in a candy store. Kinda what got me started... and this was 7 years ago on my honeymoon.

Damn maybe it's a good idea I'm basically chained to my local clinic for awhile ;)

I mean, it's not like I can't find like 5 guys to sell me dope right now. I live in Atlanta and there's pretty much an open air market for that shit on the "bad" side of town. Guess it isn't much different. We all have to learn to say no even in the face of temptation..thats part of this process.

^yup.
Made many of the short trips to Atlanta for the shit. It?s everywhere.
I also thought of when u said your car got totaled.
Atl is the craziest city in the world to drive in. You will get run over on the interstate if you aren?t running 100. Lol

^yup.
Made many of the short trips to Atlanta for the shit. It?s everywhere.
I also thought of when u said your car got totaled.
Atl is the craziest city in the world to drive in. You will get run over on the interstate if you aren?t running 100. Lol

Didn't realize you lived so close to me, beenbetter! It's tough...dope boys on every corner. And when they see a young, pretty little blonde girl in a nice(ish) car driving through the hood (the "Bluff" if you're familiar with it), they know exactly why I'm there and are drawn to me. I'm their ideal customer...steady income, fairly wealthy parents..they know what's up and who's the demographic using this shit these days.

Yeah, driving in the ATL is crazy but this is where I've lived for my whole life so I don't know much different

Well number this is a long tailed cat in a room full of mousetraps situation. I am not a professional. I have no medical license or credentials. I am not sure if there are medical professionals on this site. First suggestion is to work closely with a medical professional. Now it appears you are either unable or unwilling to do that.

I have been on similar daily doses of similar substances in the past. The tramadol was always the first to go. There are too many potential adverse effects that come with detoxing tramadol so the slew of other anxiolitic, anti-convulsants, and gabaergics you are on will provide some defense against the possible adverse effects of tramadol withdrawal (i.e. seizures, seratonin issues, depression, and opioid withdrawal). You can probably get away with dropping a couple hundred milligrams of tramadol every 4 to 7 days without being in serious jeopardy. Once you are sub-half a gram of tramadol (5 to 8 weeks in) you could slow to 100 mg drops every 4 to 7 days. It really is pointless for any discussion on what is next. This is like an elephant. If you want to eat one you can only eat it one bite at a time.

Didn't realize you lived so close to me, beenbetter! It's tough...dope boys on every corner. And when they see a young, pretty little blonde girl in a nice(ish) car driving through the hood (the "Bluff" if you're familiar with it), they know exactly why I'm there and are drawn to me. I'm their ideal customer...steady income, fairly wealthy parents..they know what's up and who's the demographic using this shit these days.

Yeah, driving in the ATL is crazy but this is where I've lived for my whole life so I don't know much different
Yep. 3hrs and some change. The bluff. Hahaa ground zero. I?m in Nashville. I lived in atl for a few months on two separate occasions. Both times were when someone close to me was injured and did an extended stay at the Shepard center for rehab. Partying always was a problem down there for me. Lol Just bought a puppy for my daughters from big boi for Christmas.
Sorry for thread hijack.
I?ve always heard tramadol was great for opiate withdrawals but then learned they have probably just as bad if not worse wds of their own. Tapering would probably be the safest bet if u can do it. I can?t ever stick to a taper. I?m so tired of opiates deciding wether or not I can be happy and functional. It sux. I was on day three of nothing but subs but still couldn?t hardly leave the house and cried non stop. I had turned my phone off and a friend I hadn?t talked to stopped by and of course I used a little last night. Seems the subs maybe make my depression worse or I don?t take enough. Who knows. I am thinking I may need to go away to inpatient. But I can?t because I have a father daughter dance on may 12 which is also my 11th anniversary. I?m in a super funk over here.

Last edited:
Beenbetter, I've told you...you need to up the subs. They didn't do shit for me till I was above 8mg. Try it. I guarentee it'll make a world of difference.

Also I know Antwan (aka big boi) and the whole Patton family well. His little brother Jason has been one of my best friends my whole life.

hey number..quick question...you dont have any withdrawl symptons at all??? especially taking 3 bars a day sheesh my man and all that tramadol

Thank you all very much for your advice.

Tapering would probably be the best option. It just doesn't work for me.

I've decided to stop tramadol cold turkey. I will use diazepam to prevent against the possible adverse effects.

I'm fortunate that my condo has a gym, and there's a heavy punching bag. I'll test different areas before I go out. I don't know how to explain that "different areas" stuff.

Writing this I'm high/numb as hell, so hopefully this message makes any sense.

March 31st there is no more tramadol breakfast for number.

I wish you all the best.

Hey man, i get the taper issue, it doesn't work for me either. I can do it for a couple of days but then that overriding desire to get high takes over and I end up using more than ever in just a few weeks.

Just as long as you are stopping the tramadol BEFORE the benzos. The benzos are what's keeping you from having a seizure from all that tramadol you are taking, I can pretty much guarantee it.

Hey man, i get the taper issue, it doesn't work for me either. I can do it for a couple of days but then that overriding desire to get high takes over and I end up using more than ever in just a few weeks.

Just as long as you are stopping the tramadol BEFORE the benzos. The benzos are what's keeping you from having a seizure from all that tramadol you are taking, I can pretty much guarantee it.

That's exactly how my tapering also always goes.

I've been aware the seizure risk, and that the diazepam especially should keep that from happening.

Have you ever tried cold turkey?