View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Time out of order

richardj

Bluelighter
I've had time slow down and speed up before, but there was one time recently when something different happened.

I was tripping (acid) in a dark room with my eyes closed when it occurred to me that I might like to take a bath. At the same time, I noticed the bottom half of my body getting warmer. Worried I'd pissed myself I opened my eyes, and I was in an almost-full bath.

I freaked out and jumped out of the bathtub, and while doing so I experienced or perhaps "played back" the act/memory of getting up and drawing the bath in fast-forward, like the past was catching up with the present. Feeling like I needed to "reset time", I tried moving backwards back into the dark room, but eventually I had to accept the fact that I had experienced time out of order.

Since then I often get paranoid tripping. Like, if I can do stuff before knowing that I did it... who's to say I'm not outside waving my dick in a cop's face and just haven't experienced it yet?:D

Unless you have practiced how to go out and wave your bone, don't expect it to happen spontaneously when really stoned.

It is very common to have time events out of order, bunched up, reversed or just slowed down or sped up, in fact that may be the most significant thing that psychedelics do:
buffer signals in the brain, by increasing (dose dependent) the duration of signal fade.
any signal including sensory, or originating in the mind, both micro (e.g. trails following objects in vision), and macro personal actions such as your bathing deja vu encounter - which is very much a flash forward and a flash back - only usually deja vu does not include a soaking wet phase.

when signals fade more slowly in the brain, experiences stack up and become co-temporal, or contemporaneous, and you are in all those moments at once. (kind of like eternity)
You can truly dwell in one second and trip out on all the beauty or horror of it, and while that ramifies in every direction, you are also a few minutes later with a small part of your awareness which is not completely tripped out sideways.

Ive had the EXACT same thing happen on LSD.

What happened was, I was tripping on LSD casually and went over to a buddy's house. I arrived at his yard and there was a red soccer ball on the lawn. So he came outside and was like "hey what's up" and I was like "soccer ball" and ran up to it and kicked it as far as I could. I then arrived at his yard, he came outside to say "hey what's up" and I said "soccer ball" and ran up to it and kicked it.

The first time it happened was actually the future happening in my perception before happening in reality, and then after that, it happened again! Literally repeating the reality timeline to a tee, Which was the observable 'present' by which the timeline continued. Very strange and definitely a One-off type of experience.

Yea I experienced something similar to OP and Crashing's experiences once on 30 or so mg of 4-AcO-DMT. I was with a friend in his house, I watched him get up, go to the bathroom to shower, shower, come out wrapped in a towel, and say hi, over and over again. Probably 3-5 times.

Only difference is the length of each loop was 15-30 minutes, it wasn't just a moment replaying, but an entire sequence, over and over.

sounds like the whole stack of moments (5 mins long ++) was in rotation - sort of like deja vu replay

One of my many failed DMT breakthrough attempts included me going to take a shower hoping it would "make it stop", getting dressed again, and re-taking the shower like 5 or more times. To this day I have no idea or way to know whether I took all those showers or they were just looping in my mind...

This^ I'm actually not sure that the loop was in my head and not my friend looping his behaviors.

a series of sequential identical blackouts are also possible.