• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Tianeptine for Suboxone detox

Carpetshark

Bluelighter
Hi everyone! Hopefully this makes sense.
I am a 25+ year addict and my latest dick move was getting hooked on Kratom. There was no love, no process, no needles to obsess over, it felt like kicking Percocet whenever I tried to stop. So, I went to the clinic, long story short 3 years later I'm still on 12mg sub/naloxone and it's dumb. I want off.
Doing a little searching, I found Tianeptine that looks like it works similarly to opiates and is a mighty fine antidepressant.
Does anyone think it possible to use that to help a sub taper?
Please and thank you

Tianeptine is a full agonist opioid, it could be used to taper, but keep in mind it is functionally no different from taking morphine.

Buprenorphine would probably stop it from binding though, so either get off the bupe entirely and switch to tianeptine, or don't bother taking any at all.

Tianeptine is a full agonist opioid, it could be used to taper, but keep in mind it is functionally no different from taking morphine.

Buprenorphine would probably stop it from binding though, so either get off the bupe entirely and switch to tianeptine, or don't bother taking any at all.
I appreciate your reply, I was hoping to be able to talk to someone about this.
I definitely consider the naloxone, it keeps one from getting high, and for once it's not what I'm looking for. Using the tianeptine for no more than 72 hours, then maybe fall back on some Kratom for a couple of days, then maybe gut through a couple of days with nothing.
I don't want to get high, just want to go CT or a quick taper.
Your input is appreciated!

No, I don't think this is a good idea at all. it would be very difficult for an opioid addict to use Tianeptine responsibly during a taper, most especially Tianeptine Sodium. It is very short acting, so requires constant dosing, is notorious for being quite compulsive, raises tolerance fast, and has a very very nasty withdrawal itself. I would strongly recommend avoiding it, using it would likely just make things much worse for you in the long run.

If you don't believe me then start researching around the internet. Lots of stories of both Tianeptine addiction and horrible withdrawals to be found.

Avoid.

No, I don't think this is a good idea at all. it would be very difficult for an opioid addict to use Tianeptine responsibly during a taper, most especially Tianeptine Sodium. It is very short acting, so requires constant dosing, is notorious for being quite compulsive, raises tolerance fast, and has a very very nasty withdrawal itself. I would strongly recommend avoiding it, using it would likely just make things much worse for you in the long run.

If you don't believe me then start researching around the internet. Lots of stories of both Tianeptine addiction and horrible withdrawals to be found.

Avoid.
Done. Definitely listening to you!
Any advice at all on how I can speed up my taper and make it more comfortable?
I'm even toying with the idea of a swift medically induced 72 hour detox?
Went down 2mg this morning, so now I'm at 10mg, I'm just done with this crap controlling every aspect of my life.
Thanks again, I will definitely be avoiding the tianeptine, don't need another thorn.

I’ve been on Suboxone and I’ve used Tia recreationally, I think that’s it’s possible but ultimately unrealistic.

I know the pains of Suboxone withdrawal though, so if you think it might work I’d say go for it. Definitely get The sulphate and not the sodium as it lasts longer, tia as you said also has anti depressant properties which may actually prove beneficial for other opiate withdrawal symptoms.

Just remember if you take Tia for a few days and no Suboxone and then you take Suboxone you will go into precipitated withdrawals

I spent big bucks on a bottle of tianeptine sulfate over the summer from a reliable and well known vendor. While it definitely had some mood lifting properties, I felt absolutely NOTHING opiate-like. No euphoria, no nodding, no warm fuzzies, nothing. And I used as high as 400mg. I am shocked to see people here saying it's a full agonist like morphine and that they've used it recreationally. Why was I unsuccessful?

I think if OP's experience were similiar to mine, they 'd fine the tianeptine to help maybe with the depression side of withdrawal, but can't see how anyone going from bupenorphine would find it to be a worthwhile abuseable substance. It could definitely help with a taper I think and for people who really want to be done with opiates, since it produces no euphoria or opiate-like sensations (at least for me), it wouldn't be something to get carried away with. I understand the sulfate is a drawn out slower release version, but there should have been some perceptible mu agonist effects still, no?

I'm actually having horrible cravings on bupenorephine and would have loved if tianeptine gave me any sort of euphoria or opiate-like effects, but it never did. Same with kratom. Im a little jealous.