• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Three month long MDMA high. Please help.

Rocken

Greenlighter
This is 100% true. I say this first because a lot of people I tell this to don't believe me, even some doctors. None of this makes sense and though I don't really feel like there's much hope for help here I need to get this out on the slim chance there's someone who's heard of it.

I wasn't a heavy drug user. In February this year I took MDMA for the second time and had a bad trip with hallucinations etc. A month later, in March, after drinking a cup of coffee I began to feel the same euphoria as though I'd taken a small amount of MDMA. It shocked me at the time but I thought it'd pass. It didn't. Over the next month or so these episodes got more frequent and increased in strength until I was on a constant 'high'.

Now the feeling in my chest is almost unbearable. It's the same kind of 'pleasurable' sensation as usual but it's so intense it's agony. I'm completely exhausted all of the time, I can't sleep, my mental abilities are dropping rapidly. I'm having memory gaps of hours and I feel so distant from everything it's like a very faint, claustrophobic dream. I'm completely non-functioning and spend every day just lying down. I've got very bad visual snow, so much that it's affecting my sight. It's all still getting worse.

I've seen a lot of doctors about this. None of them have any idea what it is or how to treat it. Every drug I've taken (diazepam, sodium valproate, quetiapine) has made the 'high' worse, as if taking another dose of MDMA. They're going to try olanzapine next, and the psychiatrist prescribing it basically told me that if this doesn't work then nothing will.

I don't know what to do. I hate hearing from every new doctor that they have no idea. Every single day is agony - I would do anything to make the feeling stop. Does anyone here have any idea at all, or know anyone who might? This is just insane and I can't be the only one on the planet to have ever experienced this.

No clue, however if you are serious... It might be possible you are hypersensitive to MDMA and that some of the chemical has managed to store itself in some fat cells, which is slowly released into your system on occasion? I have no medical experience so don't take my word!
Exercise regularly, eat well and often and drink plenty of fluids to flush out you system, kinda like a cleanse. Drink green tea too, as the MDMA is neurotoxic and the anti-oxidants in the tea will help reduce any neurological damage!
Soldier through man! Alternatively you can just live it up and party hard while these effects last! But that may not be a great idea...
Good Luck!

I think you may be stressing yourself out - You took a dose of x chemical you had a really rough ride - these can stay with you as long as you let them (I can recall a nightmare trip of mine and I will still get the fast heart beat, the feeling of impending doom / death). Have a think about the night, see where it went wrong, see what your could have done differently - it could give you a bit of closure.

How about trying some kind of shamanistic ceremony, or just a steam sauna detox? (while making sure to get the proper fluids of course)

Usually some users experience some kinda of MDMA high a couple days, weeks, months later.. I had myself since the first time.. Its all in your head, just go out, do things, do your normal life.. Once again its all in your mind...

Its all in your mind, the mind is pretty fuckin powerful, like others have said just go out and do normal day things, laying down all day like you said you do will only cause you to think about this 24/7 and stress out.. Just give it your best shot man, eat healthy, take vitamins, workout, do stuff to give yourself a good excuse for this "high" to go away

It sounds like a form of anxiety triggered by the drugs. Check out the long term come down thread for tips and advice on how to manage your symptoms.

Yeah, I would look on here about Long Term Comedowns. You sound like that's what you are going through. To some, it happens form chronic abuse and others on the first few times of doing MDMA. I'm in the latter group. The prevailing anecdotal evidence is you will recover, but that recovery will take many many months to a year or more. Check those threads for more information. BTW, there are two schools of thought on the cause 1- Neurotoxicity 2-MDMA triggered Anxiety issues. Either way, the Serotonergenic changes have occured and healing can and will take place. It just takes time as with most brain related problems.

Usually some users experience some kinda of MDMA high a couple days, weeks, months later.. I had myself since the first time.. Its all in your head, just go out, do things, do your normal life.. Once again its all in your mind...

So true, I took MDMA a week ago and about 20 minute ago I felt like I was on it and then it went away.