• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Thoughts on withdrawal plan

mrpopper

Bluelighter
So my plan to show some discipline and taper off the brown hasn't really worked out. I just can't help myself smoking more and more even though I know I'm leaving myself with nothing for the next day and will without doubt wake up in a massive panic attack and head straight out the door to score.

So, I've managed to order myself 60x 10mg Zomorph, and 60x 10mg of diazepam.

My plan is to use these to stave of symptoms and then gradually taper down the dosage until clean.

Has anybody tried anything similar? Does anybody have any thoughts on whether this MIGHT work? With a little self-discipline of course.

with a LOT self-discipline
You will need this!
But yes with a weaker opiate to taper down with and a good long acting benzo like diazepam for comfort, it IS doable!
Work out how much zo you need to feel 'well' and drop the dosage by 5 or 10mg a day. Maybe dose twice a day.
Id start on 20mg of diazepam in the morning and 20mg in the evening, for a few days, then drop to 15/15 for a few, then 10/10, then 10 in the morning, 5 at night, then 5/5. Then just 5, then 2.5/2.5, then none (by this point you would have run out of zo a while ago)
It'll probably take some trial and error, you may need more supplies, you may not.
Some Diphenhydramine (nytol, cheap, from pharmacy) will help alot at night too.
Good luck!

Has anybody tried anything similar? Does anybody have any thoughts on whether this MIGHT work? With a little self-discipline of course.

I’ve found any type of successful taper, for me, includes exercise and incredibly good nutrition. It may be uncomfortable at first, but exercise releases endogenous opioids, and not only helps ease the pain, but combats the mental aspect as well. No matter how uncomfortable or miserable I was prior to exercising, afterwards I felt no pain, no misery and completely happy and relaxed.

Your plan is a very similar one to what I carried out last December and it worked for me (up until late July when covid got to me and I relapsed).
In my situation, I used codeine instead of Morphine Sulfate, along with diazepam.

I'm about to do the same again as I have most of my Diazepam left from my last script (approximately 30 x 10mgs) and have another 30 coming to me next week, and codeine can be bought OTC here in Europe.
I managed to get over the WD's in about 10 days, and it wasn't rough at all - however, I did it in a hot country so maybe that worked to my advantage. I was on vacation too so stress was very minimal.

This is how I'll be doing it this time, just have to wait until the weekend until I can get a packet of codeine/ibuprofen (but I dont plan on using inbetween as I've managed to get some methadone to keep me ticking over).

Please keep us updated on how it goes - as will I.