• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines Thoughts on Smoking Cubensis?

thanks, ive never tried smoking a psilocybin mushroom but i packed a bowl with amanita muscaria, and it was a pretty eerie effect

Smoking Psilocybin Mushrooms tastes gross and has no effect

Amanita's on the other hand taste gross too , but it does work

It's kinda like smoking pot

Smoking Psilocybin Mushrooms tastes gross and has no effect

Amanita's on the other hand taste gross too , but it does work

It's kinda like smoking pot

I like mushrooms, they taste yummy. I even enjoy the earthy fungi smell and taste the smoke produces :\ Probably I'm the 1% in this case, but anyway yeah Amanitas do produce a worthwhile effect when smoked.

^It's a body buzz accompanied by few other useful effects; sense of well being, calm, relaxation. It's like a delicate benzo and opiate combined.

In humans as well as other mammals, psilocybin is transformed into the active metabolite psilocin, or 4-hydroxy-N,N-dimethyltryptamine (C12H16N2O.) It is likely that psilocin partially or wholly produces most of the subjective and physiological effects of psilocybin in humans and nonhuman animals.

Here is the entirety of the paper.

Psilocybin is ingested to the blood stream. Within the first hour majority of the psilocybin will be converted into Psilocin. This closely resembles neurotransmitters in the brain.

wiki article

Psilocin can be derived from psilocybin by removal of the phosphate group. Once ingested, psilocybin is rapidly dephosphorylated (thus converting it into psilocin) by the enzyme alkaline phosphatase. Psilocybin is soluble in about 20 parts water, while psilocin is not particularly soluble in water. Psilocin is very fat-soluble, which explains its affinity for the brain.

Full article

Molecules

· One molecule of psilocybin (O-phosphoryl-4-hydroxy-N) can be broken down into one molecule of psilocin (4-hydroxy-N, N-dimethyl-tryptamine).

· Psilocybin is quickly dephosphorylated to its phosphate ester, psilocin, by alkaline phosphatase, an enzyme present both in the brush border of the intestines and in the liver.

· This removes the phosphate group from psilocybin then leaving, psilocin to be passed along through the bloodstream.

· This breakdown occurs when the mushroom is orally ingested In the body

Main Article

These are all sources I have found on the internet and I have seen some other sources before as well. I am not saying that Psilocybin definitely has to be converted but, I think there is a really good chance that it does.

Anyway Psilocybin in fact has to be converted to Psilocin to be active the smoking it is just right out of the question.

Vaporizing pure psilocin is possible, but I dunno about Psilocybin in mushrooms...

I remember hearing it gets destroyed by heat and is inactive.

Um...yeah bout that, psilocin is really really unstable in open air due to how fast it oxidizes, so exactly how would you vaporize something that A. would definitely oxidize in normal household temperatures, and would B. oxidize a lot faster in heated temperatures?

I'm sure most, if not all, of psilocin gets destroyed when the shrooms are smoked. There are also other alkaloids in the fungi though, which might easily contribute to the effects, and might survive the heat.

Either way, smoking shrooms is a complete waste of precious substance IMO. Why not just eat them?

didnt read every post here.... but i smoke mushrooms several times after hearing people say that you can trip from it. total waste of time and mushrooms.

^Go with high grade Washington caps (A++) and you shouldn't have an issue with quality, potency, or taste.