those who were addicted during Katrina

DustnRoses

Bluelighter
What did they do for those who were on prescriptions in New Orleans after hurricane katrina? I've never really thought about it before, but i was just now, and i realized that it could present a very complicated problem when all the pharmacies are flooded with no usable meds. did they get meds sent in from Mississippi and Kentucky and stuff? That would've been the most miserable experience ever...

Loot a pharmacy? Wait for one to float by? Go through withdrawals?

Any residents of New Orleans at that time post on here regularly?

Fuck withdrawaling from opiates and shit like that (benzos an exception), as much as that sucks - what about people who needed insulin, heart meds, blood pressure meds... etc. Talk about fucked.

They probably went to neighboring counties that weren't affected.

I read a story about a mobile methadone truck being commissioned by the methadone clinics that were affected by the hurricane.

I read an article about how alot of CVSs and other pharmecys were looted in the aftermath of Katrina.

phrozen said:
They probably went to neighboring counties that weren't affected.

I read a story about a mobile methadone truck being commissioned by the methadone clinics that were affected by the hurricane.

god forbid someone doesn't get their methadone

Don't think there is many if any Methadone clinics in MS. Father in law used to get them from New Orleans, and W/D'd from methadone for a couple of weeks and finally a doc in MS gave him some random opiate. Sucked for addicts.

This question isn't reaching any New Orleans residents here. Moving it to north and south american drug discussion might help. Mods do as you wish as always.

-> North and South American Drug Discussion

thugpassion said:
I read an article about how alot of CVSs and other pharmecys were looted in the aftermath of Katrina.

Hell, thats what I would do. Get all the desoxyn, adderall, dexadrine, oxycontin, oxymorphone, hydromorphone, roxicodone, norco 10/325, percocet 10/325..... oh and any hydrocodone bitartate they have. Plus the generics. Oh, and the benzos, hypnotics especially..... and if it is a hospital the pharm grade cocaine. Oh, and ketamine.

I would be set for life.

im not addicted....and i dont live in new orleans (very close though 20minutes away) but i and my friends still scored stuff after the storm, it was actually about a month after that things started getting real dry, and that only lasted about a month or two.

yea...I had some friends I went to school in New Orleans around the time of Katrina and they said that it was much easier to score during the aftermath than they had previously imagined.....as long as you were willing to creep through the ninth ward. As far as they told me it is even easier now since things are working their way towards back to normal (sort of), minus the police presence, especially in lower class neighborhoods.

johanneschimpo said:
Fuck withdrawaling from opiates and shit like that (benzos an exception), as much as that sucks - what about people who needed insulin, heart meds, blood pressure meds... etc. Talk about fucked.
We don't care about those people.

Virtuoso said:
Hell, thats what I would do. Get all the desoxyn, adderall, dexadrine, oxycontin, oxymorphone, hydromorphone, roxicodone, norco 10/325, percocet 10/325..... oh and any hydrocodone bitartate they have. Plus the generics. Oh, and the benzos, hypnotics especially..... and if it is a hospital the pharm grade cocaine. Oh, and ketamine.

I would be set for life.
thats what i was thinkin. i would go to the nearest hospital and find the medical marijuana phram grade cocaine and OMG the KETAMINE

I had a friend move to the New Orleans are a few months before Katrina hit and he said that there were drugs of all kinds available for surprisingly cheap prices.....as long as you were willing to travel to the 9th ward. He said that since police were non-existent in that area, provided you had a proper connection or someone in the know, all you had to do was cruise down the right street and dealers would be rushing you for the sale. I have no idea how things were during the immediate aftermath as he was lucky enough to catch a flight out of the area before katrina actually hit.

it took the clinics in the area a goood 2 months to re-open. ppl with prescriptions they had like a free mobile dr clinic in which you brought your bottles that needed refilling and they filled them for free. mississippi has one methadone clinic its in jackson and this was after heavy legislation. right after the storm its was very easy to get pills etc...cause of all the pharmacies that got looted. but after about 2months once supply had been used up it got dry around here even some herb was hard to come by

I'n not from NOLA (im from about 45 mins away) but i did spend a lot of time there growing up and it is by far my favorite american city. If i was dopesick or something during the hurricaine i probably would have looted a pharm or my dealers house