• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

This Artist Photographs People On Drugs To Show How It Affects Them

slimvictor

Bluelight Crew
Les Baker V is a talented photographer who embarked on an interesting project: to take a portrait of people on a variety of drugs, then overlay an image that symbolizes the substances they used in some meaningful way.

Of course, drugs are all dangerous at some level so we do not encourage trying to replicate something like this yourself. For more information, visit Baker’s website.

Adderall
Adderall__880-e1441134063762.jpg

LSD
LSD__880-e1441134137820.jpg

Cocaine
Cocaine__880-e1441134167391.jpg

cont at
http://higherperspectives.com/people-on-drugs/?utm_source=cleo&ts_pid=2&utm_content=inf_10_34_2

I don't like these kind of "impressions" as I feel that the way different drugs influence us, especially mentally, is way too complicated for it to be adequately depicted using simple art. I look at these pictures both as someone who has done the substance and someone who hasn't and I see that most of them fall way short of describing it, some even completely missing, making them more useless than anything imo. Of course, these particular pictures are fairly well done and they look cool, but it is still somewhat painful to look at them, because there is so much more to altered states of consciousness than they can convey. Well, just my two cents.

EDIT: looking at them again, most of them are just blank expressions with images of the drug "layered" onto the faces. Don't see the point.

Ya, I agree with the above, all of them were pretty stupid and derivative except for the ketamine one which was pretty good, it captured the cubist perspective and wasn't just an overlay of somebody doing k on a face