• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Things ain't what they used to be (user angst)!

i think that opiate addiction in general is sustainable. If you have the same quality with no impurities everytime, and it doesn't go up and down in price...I believe one could maintain a dependence to opiates. Now addiction to the rush of shooting it is a different story. That is what leads to slip ups with dosage and whatnot. For me, I chose the path of least resistance. I quit...everything except for a glass of wine, and benzos....

You are quite correct, I am living proof it is sustainable long-term, obvs as you say, depending on quality and price.
I have quit on various occasions, successfully in the main, the longest period was over 3 years, but the desire has always proven more commanding & strong than my will.
As Oscar famously once said... " I can resist anything...except for temptation".

love the oscar wilde drop there.

Yeah fifteen year opiate addict give or take some clean time...total time of drug run was 18 years though. It was sustainable when I was getting morphine capsules for cheap. Noone new that the shining star chef had to have his morning dose and a little trip to the bathroom before service. I didn't shoot to thrill, I shot to maintain. No nodding, no losing the pace of the kitchen and I had a home, and nice car...audi quatro a6. I mean it is totally sustainable, it just takes insane self discipline and an extremely succesful supply.

Sadly morphine caps and most fun pills are damned hard to get hold of here, or trust me, I'd've swapped to pharmaceuticals a looong time ago for the maintenance of my addiction. A reliable & clean source would have been, and still would be, the ideal situation. When I dated a doctor for about a year or so I had the most reliable and safe fun times. However, having to once again resort to street drugs did leave me with two options: let them get the better of me, which they did for a time and my world crumbled slightly for about a year, or use what small amount of reason I had left and accept a period of painful growth and learning; the learning and inner strength and self-reliance I achieved was well worth the literal pain, both mentally and physically. As you so rightly said, "it just takes insane self discipline and an extremely successful supply" and without the trials and tribulations of my affair with Lady H in ealier times, I'd not be the man I am now, and would never have developed as I have.
As I am fond of saying, "To see the view, you must climb the mountain". It may be hard getting there, but it is more than worth it eventually.
Glad you liked the Wilde quote.
Stay happy friend :)

This is interesting as OP sounds like a rarity, a heroin user that has used it for many years without letting tolerance setting in, forcing him to keep raising the dosage..op has kept same dose for years so I wonder if you have ever felt the need to get clean?i can't imagine bring a heroin addict for 30 plus years..I almost want to congratulate you on keeping it under control..

Has you heroin use ever negatively impacted your life, in terms of keeping your job etc etc?

he is in the majority you just dont hear about guys like him cause it ain't as interested as hearing about a 5 year junkie that will rob his moms purse for a 10$fix