Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Megathread The Youtube Thread

another interesting video is this, for anyone who wants to learn the standard jazz guitar chords:

he has a great channel with lots of content mostly on rock and metal bands but has topics on anything related to music. seems to be a great musician too.

Great thread idea. Just be sure not to post links to streaming sites for 'free' full movies. Anything that's Youtube legal is fine though :)

Kings and Generals, they release insane amounts of historical content, well made and the history is very much 'war' related, quite epic and in depth.

I like to put long historical videos/lectures on as background noise a lot. Some narrators just nail it lol, just giving it that exact right amount of gravitas in their recounting of events without it seeming cheesy...some of my favorite topics include early human evolution*, early human culture (paleolithic-neolithic era)/archaeology, ancient civilizations like Greece and Rome, World War Two and many others!

*The "Carta" videos put out by UC San Diego are good if anyone is interested in this topic...pretty dry if you're not into the subject but very informative if you are, and (in the video posted below) I liked the 2nd guy's lecture on the Dmanisi archaeological site.

I like to put long historical videos/lectures on as background noise a lot. Some narrators just nail it lol, just giving it that exact right amount of gravitas in their recounting of events without it seeming cheesy...some of my favorite topics include early human evolution*, early human culture (paleolithic-neolithic era)/archaeology, ancient civilizations like Greece and Rome, World War Two and many others!

*The "Carta" videos put out by UC San Diego are good if anyone is interested in this topic...pretty dry if you're not into the subject but very informative if you are, and (in the video posted below) I liked the 2nd guy's lecture on the Dmanisi archaeological site.

Cheers I'll give it a listen, well that's the intention at least, given my track record at university lectures and my zoomer attention span..... I always liked history but as a kid it was mainly the wars that tickled me. I had these epic 3 books of WW2 with detailed battle plans, army structure etc... in a kids eyes that was the most epic thing =D

Tom Scott has a great channel, short videos, always well made and interesting

Here you see him in action in a classic British game show

Yeah I feel ya on the attention-span issue lol...like I said, I usually will just have a lecture on in the background while I clean my house or work on a project or something, and will randomly listen in, hear some tidbit and think "huh that's interesting!" :unsure:

The Dmanisi site is a really fascinating story though IMO. It's almost unbelievable how it came about tbh...they were excavating a medieval site originally, but as they kept digging they just kept finding older and older stuff, until they started uncovering extinct animals and extremely-well preserved human remains dated to almost 2 million years old! Still the oldest site of human habitation outside Africa, to the best of my knowledge