• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

The X Files - Story's of the Unexplainable

Great thread haste!
I've had two types of spooky experiences.
One was seeing a ghost in York in England. I was walking through the city square which is basically a lot of really old buildings converted into shops. I happened to glance up an alleyway and saw a girl about 14 dressed in a long skirt and a white shirt. I just thought she was a normal, if slightly fashion-challenged, girl until she turned to her right, opened a door and stepped through... except there was no door, she had stepped into a wall which led to a Marks & Spencer store! Must have been a door there a long time ago.
The second type of weird experience I have happens quite frequently and it's a bit hard to describe. I guess it's an out of body experience but I don't float up to the ceiling and see myself below or anything. It's more like I'm looking through the wrong end of a telescope. I know everything is really close and really far away at exactly the same time. This happens most frequently when I'm tired or sick but I can make it happen at will. I've been able to do this as long as I can remember. I think of it as a perceptual shift: I'm aware of myself and my surroundings from my perspective, but I'm also aware of these things from the perspective of the people and things around me. Like being part of a collective consciousness
smile.gif

Anyone else experience anything like this?
------------------
~trouble
(with a pop-o-matic bubble)

Wow, great experiences Trouble - the second one is really freaky, but at the same time can be seen as a gift who's meaning or purpose has not been fully realised by yourself - keep us posted!!
For those interested, a FAQ on spirits. I originally posted this on my paranormal messageboard
What is a Spirit?
A ghost or apparition, (we prefer to use the term spirit) has a very wide definition. No one can say for any certainty what a ghost, apparition or spirit is, at best one can only theorize. Our own theory is that a spirit is another name for a type of energy unique to all life, for example similar to each individual having their own DNA profile.
When life comes to an end, this energy leaves the body and enters a dimension that is beyond our knowledge. One thing we do know is that energy cannot be destroyed, only changed, and if one accepts this, then we must ask where does it go and what happens to it.
It's this unknown dimension that cannot be explained via conventional means that leads alot of people to keep personal experiences exactly that - personal. Some may keep them personal due to horrific nature of the experience, but the majority of people don't say much for the simple fact of being ridiculed by greater society. I know myself that I choose a select few to share my experiences with and is the main driving force of this messageboard - to bring people with similiar experiences and beliefs in the paranormal together - free from ridicule and allowed to express their opnions with the respect they deserve - that is your Hastey guarantee
Types of Spirits
SPIRITS
A spirit is an entity that is on the lowest energy level and therefore unable to materialize. It usually makes itself known by creating a cold spot or a cool breeze regardless of the general overall temperature. Even if all doors and windows are closed tight you will still feel the breeze or cold spot. You can also sense a spirits presence; for example you may feel that something is in the room or feel you are being watched when no one is there. I know such things exist cause I grew up with such a spirit. It never manifested itself to me but I knew that it was there - I could feel it's presence!!
GHOST OR APPARITION
This type of spirit is of a higher energy level so can therefore manifest itself. Apparitions tend to be attracted to places rather than specific people. They seem to be in some sort of time-warp inasmuch that they may seem to walk through walls that was once but no longer there. They may appear to walk on a lower level, as was the original floor height, and seem to be repetitive on their movements. Whatever happens, this category of spirit will never do you any harm. However it is unwise to give it any attention for if you do there is a possibility that it will become more prevalent by using your energy, just like recharging a car battery when it is low.
ENTITY OR POLTERGEIST.
This type of spirit, commonly known as a Poltergeist, has the highest level of energy and literally feeds on a host's energy and zaps away. This type of manifestation is usually very intense, noisy, evil and destructive, it can weaken its host and try it's best to possess them. It is usually accompanied by an extremely unpleasant smell, often like rotting flesh, vegetables or a sewer type smell. It is possible that this type of spirit or energy originates from those who in life were of a very violent or had an evil nature. Poltergeists seem to be brought about by unpleasant atmosphere and where stress levels are extremely high such as a very argumentative household, a period of life when there is a lot of unusual stresses and worries. This type of entity usually attaches to children, adolescents and sometimes the elderly. It takes them over and forces then to do its bidding by projection. Fortunately the haunting or activity is fairly short lived, usually anything from a few weeks to a few months although on one or two extremely rare occasions it has gone on for far longer. There are those who are inclined to think that poltergeist activity is a product of the people involved and it is their psychological situation that is causing it. Then there are those who are inclined to think that it is a spirit that operates through a person, similar to that of a medium. In truth, as yet nobody knows.
What ever your experience's please be careful - remember this is a totaly unknown area that little is known - whatever is known is mere heresay. We don't fully understand spirits and their purpose, approach every situation with extreme caution - remember what you wish for, it might come true and then you have to deal with it.
Oh, and yes I am crazy
wink.gif

[This message has been edited by haste (edited 08 June 2001).]

i can normally handle anything, but this scary shit scares me
frown.gif

I hope that u people really are crazy
smile.gif
and nothin like that really happens
smile.gif

------------------
B.T.S.O.M.
-When the lights are out, all woman are beautiful-

i can normally handle anything, but this scary shit scares me
frown.gif

I hope that u people really are crazy
smile.gif
and nothin like that really happens
smile.gif

------------------
B.T.S.O.M.
-When the lights are out, all woman are beautiful-

Nice cynical view of ghosts, haste
smile.gif

I dunno how much Id believe what I read... I believe with this stuff that your intuition is a far better guide - most of the time it seems right. If you feel watched, then you probably are.
I never really gave this much thought until I described this stuff and other stuff to a girl taking part in weekly psychic workshops. I hadnt read anything about this subject, and was suprised that most of the things that had happened to me were 'classic'... even really weird stuff like seeing auras, and trails behind cars... talking to someone whod heard it before made it better. Between that and my gf experiencing the same things (in this house) as me independently, I thought it time for a rethink.
I dont think that we have anything to really fear if we keep our heads. Even with poltergeists and such, think of it like this: They are often trapped in their problems, and if somoene was bugging you when you had a bad problem, youd probably be pissed off at them too. A simplistic view, but just a guess.
*shrug*
This stuff is pretty interesting, and Im considering trying a workshop to learn more. Back when I can think clearer... the comeon of speed spaces the hell outta me
smile.gif

Well peoples, all of you who mentioned possibly being insane, i tell you, we are more sane than those who don't know the realities of the world.
I am so glad that you started this post haste.... i myself live this life. i actually need to get myself more grounded lately. sometimes i look and ask for my answers and yes i have plenty of experiences but i do need to concentrate a little more on the physical reality i live in. for example, sometimes when people talk to me and i'm bored i will drift off with the fairies and start talking to my guides. this isn't fair to the person and not fair to me.
Well lets begin, my grandfather died when i was 6. I have always had a presence of him and in the last 3 years or so, i am 22, we communicate. The funniest encounter was when i was chopping up mull in my room and he was there, said "you know that I dont disagree with what you do, but you also know how unhappy your parents would be if they saw you with drugs in the house", (my parents know that i smoke but them seeing me chopping up would not be pretty), so i replied "listen nunnu, i've got to get this done, how bout you leave me alone and ill get finished", well he didn't like being ignored too much and a lamp post that i have leaning against the wall, came away and landed right in the middle of my mix, it went everywhere. I wasn't angry but, he won and i'll give it to him.. as for me, no smoke that night and the vaccuum got to it... I heard him laughing....
Guys, i study a Diploma of Spiritual Healing. Am a Reiki Channel and also a Meditation therapist. If any of you have any questions i will try to answer but can't promise that i can help with everything...

Well peoples, all of you who mentioned possibly being insane, i tell you, we are more sane than those who don't know the realities of the world.
I am so glad that you started this post haste.... i myself live this life. i actually need to get myself more grounded lately. sometimes i look and ask for my answers and yes i have plenty of experiences but i do need to concentrate a little more on the physical reality i live in. for example, sometimes when people talk to me and i'm bored i will drift off with the fairies and start talking to my guides. this isn't fair to the person and not fair to me.
Well lets begin, my grandfather died when i was 6. I have always had a presence of him and in the last 3 years or so, i am 22, we communicate. The funniest encounter was when i was chopping up mull in my room and he was there, said "you know that I dont disagree with what you do, but you also know how unhappy your parents would be if they saw you with drugs in the house", (my parents know that i smoke but them seeing me chopping up would not be pretty), so i replied "listen nunnu, i've got to get this done, how bout you leave me alone and ill get finished", well he didn't like being ignored too much and a lamp post that i have leaning against the wall, came away and landed right in the middle of my mix, it went everywhere. I wasn't angry but, he won and i'll give it to him.. as for me, no smoke that night and the vaccuum got to it... I heard him laughing....
Guys, i study a Diploma of Spiritual Healing. Am a Reiki Channel and also a Meditation therapist. If any of you have any questions i will try to answer but can't promise that i can help with everything...

This is way back in june 92... one month after i moved from the UK to Perth.
I was 16 at the time, and living in Rockingham (hole). Anyway i left home just after i got here and moved in with my new g/f (F#@* knows why) to this HUGE two storey house on Waikiki rd. We were sharing with a couple with a kid, and this kid was an out & out brat, anyway after we'd been there for a few weeks some friends came over for cones and piked out in the lounge room at 1ish.
We wake up the next morning and they tell us that the kid had been running around all night laughing, and playing with his toys in the hallway, but they didnt want to say anything incase he got in trouble, so we let it go.
Few weeks later i was down at the beach fishing till 2-3am, i walk in the door and i here this voice go "Shhhh...!" and it went silent... Me being 16 and from a ruff area of the uk think we had a theif in the house, so i walked around putting the lights on. I make it to the kitchen... the stove top is on! all 4 burners and the griller. *weird right*
i look over at the table and all the *new* flowers in the vase had wilted, dead as dodos.
Needless to say it freaked me out a little. I told the couple we were living with about it, and they told me the very same night they heard someone downstairs but thought it was me coming home early from fishing. Not long after that we had weird things happen with the toilet and shower, like steaming hot water coming out of the toilet when you flushed....but the room being colder than anywhere else in the house, and the shower water stopping and starting on you like someone was turning the main water on and off.
Wasn't long before we got the f#$k out of there...and i haven't seen anything of the sort since.
------------------
When in doubt, do without!