Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television The Wire

He od'ed and died at the end of the 3rd season. His name was Johnny I believe.

i was just lookn up the wire for the date of season 5 premiere but no luck. also it says about a season 6
Simon indicated that no theme seemed substantial enough to warrant a sixth season, except possibly the large influx of Hispanics and Central Americans into Baltimore. Simon said that no writer on the show spoke Spanish or had any intimate knowledge of the Baltimore Hispanic/Central American population, thus the field work would be too cumbersome.

atlas said:
I hope we get to see bubbles cleaned up

bubbles is such a great character. we've seen him since season one pulling his capers, selling shit from his shopping cart, just tryin to survive and when sherrod dies and he tries to commit suicide man that was some powerful TV. ya really feel for bubbles and i would like to see nothing more than for him be happy at the end of season 5. (without a needle is his arm)

I think this show is absolutely brilliant....the realism and the problems in the inner city, local gvmt, school system, as well as the law inforcment system is just so dead on...It gives every sect of that city a humanistic light...noone is completely evil/good.....Omar being a great example...Kind of depresses you on how impossible things look to make right....

I just have a few episodes left on season 4....and i already cant wait until season 5...

I read a rumor a while back that showtime is looking to pick the show up if and when HBO drops it....I really hope they do

Its the best show on TV period

i can't wait for this to come back. i watch the edited reruns on BET and they just get me amped for the next season. the return of the major crimes unit, carcetti's mayoral dilemmas, bubbles' depot for the people, prop joe and method man slanging shit.... each and every angle is intriguing and unlike some other notable HBO series it has never had a major slump or lost its focus.

I fucking hated the last season that centered around the school system.

Worst season ever.

Fucking terrible.

The season that focused on "The Greek" and the Union corruption with the smuggling through the ports, now that was some of the best TV in history.

If the next season is anything like the last one I won't even bother.

Never saw a show take such a huge dive.

Bring back The Greek!

thegreek.jpg

250px-TheWire21alt.jpg

man, i absolutely loved the school season. watching those four kids each go their different direction, each tugged by a different current in society... plus the ongoing storyline of the bureaucry fucking up the major crimes unit, carcetti's trial by fire in mayoral politics, "fuzzy dunlop", etc. etc.

the greek season, IMHO, is the most unrelated of all the four to the others. i'm not saying its bad, far from it. i thought it was one of the most real statements about the decaying nature of the american dream i've ever seen on television or in film.

I don't know how you could like the school season.

No action, no nothing, it was horrible.

The Greek season had me on the edge of my seat everyday, it was fascinating.

Then they stopped focusing on drug dealing all most %100 and focused an entire season on BS.

They killed off all the most interesting characters, and changed the focus from an amazing picture of a complex and realistic smuggling a distribution network, to a boring ass season dedicated totally to BS with all the worst characters.

IMO The Greek, and The School seasons are like two totally different shows.

The Wire is going to end just like The Sopranos, a few amazing seasons, followed by a few torturous boring seasons until finally it is put out of misery.

because the focus of the show isn't about drug dealing, its about the pitfalls associated with a crumbling inner city environment. one of those elements is drug dealing. the camera sort of pulled back and showed a lot of those other elements.

also, not for nothing, but marlowe wasn't sending people flowers all season.

I don't know to me the difference between "The Greek" season, and "The School" season is the difference between an awesome show and a show I can't even watch 5 minutes of without screaming from boredom.

Not only was the subject (smuggling) so much better in that season, but the characters so much better, so much.

That whole school season 99% of the show was focused on a bunch of retard kids who did nothing interesting at all.

^
Well the show isn't meant to be about drugs, cops, or politics. It's supposed to be about contemporary urban life, with each season focusing on a different aspect of it. The final season is going to be about the media.

I, for one, really liked the school season. Mostly because Prez became opne of my favorite characters in season one.

I liked the school season as well. It presents a larger picture of the drug war and the city itself. The representation of politics is amazing. To make it only about the "cops vs. robbers" of the drug game would make the show one dimensional and boring. Plus, theres still plenty going on with the drugs.

"don't know to me the difference between "The Greek" season, and "The School" season is the difference between an awesome show and a show I can't even watch 5 minutes of without screaming from boredom.

Not only was the subject (smuggling) so much better in that season, but the characters so much better, so much.

That whole school season 99% of the show was focused on a bunch of retard kids who did nothing interesting at all."

how could you even say that, the school season was amazing. the writing and dialogue were incredible. the most 'real' season in my opinion