• NMI Moderators: Snafu in the Void

The thin surrounding veil that covers reality falls fast

1moreb4eyego

Greenlighter
Hey users, abusers and even do gooders. I'm Seth, 35...this is where i have a brain block and struggle to come up with interesting things about myself because i literally go to work (2nd shift at that) and come home and do home things.

. I went to a party with some friends around town back when i was 17 the very night i got kicked out of highschool and left home . So i was obviously in the most vulnerable state of being. Prior to this i was extremely sheltered for the most part and lived under the rule of an extremely violent father and as for my mother well, lets just say she had to light my own torch because hers is still firmly in her hand when it comes to drugs and drinking.

At this party i would find my coping mechanism, my escape from the pain before the trauma ever even had a chance to surface. I already knew i enjoyed drinking from here and there previously and that night i found the door to another inner reality and to this day i have never set foot back into the one i came through.
I was inhaling whiskey and vodka courtesy of being the beer pong noob, feeling the early 2000's nu-metal playlist just in my element. Well during one of my 86 trips to the pisser i stumbled upon my buddy and this older lady hovering over a poker table and upon this table on a plate was two long white lines, i was clueless but being clueless doesn't fair well in the self -preservation category which was proven right away by my insatiable curiosity. "Hey is that coke"? I naively asked. My buddy looks back at me and before he corrects me he haggles with the lady to allow me in on the unknown substance (thanks buck, you meant well) afterwards explaining in 17 year old muddy fashion that it's called Vicodin and it'll make you feel good. After a few trial runs on the tools of the trade and how to use them i well....used them and let just say i forgot all about drinking from that day on. That was 2006 and as i said , i haven't came back through that door since. From then until now the central authority in my life has been pills, any and all scheduled you can imagine that either take the pain away inside or out or both. I have been on the Suboxone regimen since 2015 so that handles the chaos that is an opioid addicts daily life. Im a medical marijuana patient but have trouble staying consistent with marijuana as it often gives me anxiety and breathing issues. I am currently trying to figure out why my stint with ambien is even a thing, its a sleeping pill for Christ's sake but it provides a high like none other where anxiety isn't even a thing i could have if tried to force it while on it and everything is blissful and strange. I'd like to get to know others who are into ambien (insufflated) and grasp some understanding of this drug before i get to comfortable with it and not wake up one day, cuz it is easy to go overboard i imagine.

Awesome man nice to meet you and welcome!

Either Basic Drug Discussion or Other Drugs subforums would be the place to bring up the ambient questions.

@1moreb4eyego ☮️

Welcome, have a looksee around, make yourself at home. 😉 ❤️

Haven't had any in years, but I understand the ambien appeal. Not a benzo, I know, but something akin to a benzo for the gonzo at heart. But you're right, totally healthy concern there, not one you wanna let get away from you.

Welcome again, and have a good one. 😁

Welcome, have a looksee around, make yourself at home. 😉 ❤️

Haven't had any in years, but I understand the ambien appeal. Not a benzo, I know, but something akin to a benzo for the gonzo at heart. But you're right, totally healthy concern there, not one you wanna let get away from you.

Welcome again, and have a good one. 😁
Thanks for the warm welcome and also the tidbit of assurance there. It's a tricky drug , doesn't have the grip like an opioid or benzo but it's a feeling i can't get from something else not to mention the sleep that eventually comes with it considering my insomnia. The comedown is brutal though, as id imagine any benzo to be but the only other thing that has any appeal to me is Ativan so i can't compare it to much else. The crazy thing is i hear of people doing the wildest things on it, like sleep cooking and shopping and whatnot without remembering any of it but i myself can work on it (literally a skilled trade), drive and communicate flawlessly and remember every bit. Maybe this is a case of good synchronization 🤷🏻‍♂️. Anyway, i highly appreciate your time and effort and thanks again for the welcome i hope to be a part of this forum for a long time because I've been visiting it for knowledge since the early 2000's but never thought to be a part of it until now, hope it's fruitful for others as well as myself.

Welcome 1moreb4eyego!

Ambien is a weird one as functionally it is just like a benzo (though a very selective one for certain types of the GABA-A receptor), and the only other gabaergic that causes hallucinations (or at least only other non-insanely niche one) is muscimol, which functions as a direct agonist for GABA (which is quite rare).

Ambien has never been my cup of tea. I got to experiment with some in college, but it didn't cause me a sense of wonder like pretty much any other hallucinogen would.

I do recall a video of me and my friend sitting on his dorm room floor, slurring our speech, telling made up stories to see if we were blacked out enough to not remember the beginning (even the storyteller couldn't remember).