• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

The taste of strong opiates in the throat

falsifiedhypothesi

Bluelight Crew
Whenever I use hydrocodone or oxy I always get a strong feeling/taste in the back of my throat that's very specific to each drug. It's accompanied by the first rush of euphoria and I've also heard of heroin users getting a taste in their throats when using. Does anyone know what causes this?

I haven't used H but I know what you are talking about. For me insufflated and IV opioids produce the most noticeable taste kinda plastic like. For meth, coke, and bath salts it was metallic and bitter. Benzos were all over the place from sweet and chalky to dirt like. The taste of each drug and each high was distinctly different for me too-even between generics. I have a pretty discerning palate across the board though.

I know whenever I would IV my opiates, any of them(oxy, H, dilaudid, opana, etc.) I would always get that bittersweet taste in my throat every shot. It ranged from being bitter to very bitter, but I always tasted it, and it would usually be more bitter the better the heroin was, but every other pharm opiate was pretty much the same kind of taste in my throat post shot. Cocaine when IVed gives the most noticeable taste in my throat, and numbs it too if I do a big enough shot that is one of my favorite things about slamming coke, the rush and the numbing, cocaine taste in my throat.

It's not really bitter for me, it's just a strange sensation that I wouldn't desribe as anything else