• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

The Smell of MDMA

This has been covered a bit. The answer is usually, that smell doesn't have much to do with quality. You can have a smelly-as-hell pill that sucks arse, or the other way around. I dop know what you mean about the sweet smell though. It's much lighter on the nose and that's the smell most MDMA crystal has given me, where as smacky-ass pills usually have the more foul aniseed smell... but it's not always the case.

Smell from pills could be added so a pill smells rank and contains little or no MDXX. Smells is normally a sign of impure MDMA though. It could still rock your world though. But pure MDMA doesn't smell. Left over precursors do.

Technically isn't it MDMA hydrochloride that doesn't smell like an essential oil (goes for cop-out regarding anethole/safrole/isosafrole) as MDMA freebase has a much higher vapour pressure that the salt at room temp?

Sorry for the pedantic approach, but there's someone on ADD being a pedant...

Ahh? But MDMA freebase was an oil I thought? Can this be dried?

johnboy said:
An interesting admission was that they were also fooled by the safrole, and had to go back re-test many samples because they primarily use Marquis reagent for the majority of their testing.

I wonder how much evidence used in courts is faulty in this manner where people are dealing pills or in possession of pills which they think are MDMA, and the analyst also lazily assumes that a pill is MDMA and they go through the court systems and are found guilty.

Only the guy with the press knows what's in it really.

I'm sure I've read on this forum somewhere that if u sell something u believe to be mdma u can be charged with supply even if it s not mdma. Also, even if u know that a pill has no mdma at all and u sell it as the real thing u can be charged. I'm not sure if the same applies to possession though.

If you stated that you thought the pills were ecstasy then sure.

Smell Of Pills

Hi. I have a couple of pills for the weekend but they don't have the same pungent smell I usually get from pills. They are a very light pink mitsubishi with a score on the back. They look very well worn.
They have a sort of hospital smell to them.

My question is that have any of you had a great pill that has had no odour of different smell?

[EDIT: Threads merged. hoptis]

Last edited by a moderator:
i have had pure MDMA with no smell at all. In fact the more pure it is, the less it will smell.. in the ~80% purity range you smell a slightly different smell, its very faint and more chemical. i still think some pills are tampered with to smell more than they should as a marketing thing

theres a whole thread in this forum on the smell of pills btw... it was pretty big and had a fair dose of information in it if i remember.. try searching the forum :)

hospital smell in pills in my opinion always have ketamine.

well thats with pills I know to have such in them ..

Ketamine has like a disinfectant type smell well thats with the veternarian grade ketamine used to make animals easy to handle when operating on them.

Ive never had or seen hosptial grade but im sure would be almost the same but probably doesn's have that awful smell to it.

what's your opinion splatt ?

yeah i kow what you mean, although ketamine doesnt usually have that smell when dried at all, it has none. i dunno how that smell gets to pills.

i like my ketamine to be S isomer synthed from scratch, maybe buy some racemic every now and thewn to throwe into the line... but i find racemic builds a tolerance very easily, but it does make u feel way more out of it than S isomer.

although, some people associate ammonia with hospital smells... and that can be a byproduct/left over/impuri9ty from meth/speed.

your body also excreets it when you're on the stuff, or running without warming up i find.

nofx said:
mouth sores occuring from just swallowing the damn pills are a result of....?

...a result of having a dry mouth for most of the night and chewing the f**k out of your cheeks :)

pull your bottom jaw in :)... when mdma makes ur bottom jaw come out.. your rubbing teeth up against your cheeks in an almost convulsive manner. dependong on peoples jaw/teeth structure this also helps grind your back (or other) teeth away if you do it lots.