The Shroom season so far

Echo_419

Bluelighter
I thought I would share some of my findings so far this season.

This was the very first one I found

DSC00876.jpg

And here are a bunch more. (I will update once photobucket is back online)

DSC00878.jpg

DSC00887.jpg

DSC00926.jpg

More to come. I hear Florida is the best place in the States for Cubensis. Glad I got a cow pasture behind my house!

mmm tasty :)

here in merry old England we still have a few weeks before the Liberty caps venture above the soil

Cool pictures man, wish I could find those damn things growin around here.

There are quite a few people that pick on the field so ya gotta pick before others get ther.

did you read books about mycology or are you just kind of eyeballing these out in the field?

@lterEgo said:
did you read books about mycology or are you just kind of eyeballing these out in the field?
Us folks in FL just naturally know our shit (that grows out of shit.)

I can vouch for Fla being the best. I have seen fields in northwest Fla. that are covered in caps after a nice rain.
Probably the reason the caps themselves are not illegal via state law, only the psilocibin contained therein.
Too bad your ass is liable to get shot for trapsing through a farmers field, also LE will watch the better known fields at the farmers request. Cant say I blame em as I wouldnt want anybody stealing my stash

Check the link for Fl legality issue....http://www.jug-or-not.com/shroom/fiske.html

Last edited:
I havent tripped since "Devi's Night" (oct. 30th) of last year and man it was nuts!! I tripped by myself I thought Aliens were chasing me! :lol

Anyways, here in the DC/Baltimore area, it's fairly easy too find, but not easy enough, though I have a personal connect. :)

I wish I lived in West Palm Beach, FLA again, it was a lot more abundant than here in Maryland!

Man I wish I lived somewhere that shrooms grow wild. Up in the North East United States I dont believe there are any psychoactive mushrooms:\

wow... florida must be a totally different world when it comes to mushrooms. awesome! can any of you post pics of the underside of the mushrooms? when i was attempting to pick them from the wild i was doing spore prints, examining the stem colors when bruised, and all sorts of other "science" that i picked up by studying books. then again, there might be a lot more random mushrooms growing wildly in northern california than there are in florida. it would be helpful if there weren't all these other species mixed in with the good stuff here ;)

as it turns out, i have a weird fear of cows too. a lot of them gave me the evil eye and were clearly conspiring against me when i encroached on their territory. those animals are huge and creepy. i won't be examining their waste products again anytime soon :eek: sorry to bother you, cows!

eye kant spehll said:
wuts the spore print?

check it out:

Obtaining a spore print is one of the most essential steps you can take in the process of identifying a particular mushroom. Every reputable identification source, whether it's a field guide or a mycological website will without a doubt always refer to spore colour in its list of characteristics.

Once you have the mushroom you want to print, cut off the stem and place the cap gill or pore surface down on a white piece of paper. Some recommend covering the cap with a bowl or something to keep the spores from blowing away [...] Leave it there for several hours giving the spores sufficient time to settle. This may happen quickly, or it may take a day. Usually it happens within a few hours if it's going to happen at all. Once you have given the specimen time to print, raise the cap off of the paper and you should see the released spores and their corresponding colour.

one of the key features to distinguish the mushroom genus Agrocybe from Psilocybe was the color of the spores. Psilocybe mushrooms have dark violet, almost black spores while Agrocybe spores are of a rusty brown ('fawn') color.

here's an example of what it might look like:

show_image.php

you'd need to use these techniques along with a field guide of local mushrooms or a more broad mushroom identification book. obviously this is a bit more involved than simply picking and eating, but it's far safer and actually kind of fun. a lot of mushrooms look alike if you're just eyeballing them. out here you could quite easily eat something deadly because it appears to the naked eye to be close enough to something delicious 8o

theres some mush goin around the NE right now..dont know the strain though..small stems and small caps. WAY too expensive kid tried chargin me 40 a 8th lol....my boy picked some out of some shit but I dont know if I trust the NE for pickin your own shit....anyone pick any in the NE with no problem....I do know theres a shitload growin in my backyard. Zips are way too expensive most ill pay is 150 at the MOST. Kids are trin to sell them for 220 lol....:p

that spore printing this does sound like fun and it would make some pretty cool pics if you put tape or a clear plastic sheet over the spores and hung them up on the wall.

That's pretty redonculous MDMARI. The more I eat mushrooms the more I realize I probably don't like them.

Wow, haven't checked this thread in a while. I had a great hunt today. Easily have a pound. 30+ shrooms, all cubensis!

DSC00995.jpg