• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

The Shower-Bath

KoreyS

Bluelighter
Hey everyone! Just finished up having a late night/ early morning shower-bath. I feel great guys.

I wanted to make a thread about it because it is something I use so often to cope with my stresses. You basically put the shower on hot, yet tolerable tempearture and then put the plug in and sit or lie down. I prefer to sit down cross-legged and bow my head while facing the shower head so the water hits my head and back and drips down my arms and legs and my knob.

I love to do this usually when I am experiening post-drunken anxiety or any negative emotions. It's so great to just be in your own little world for that short time.

You can do it when your mood is good too.

And you can do it when you're feeling bad.

The shower-bath.

What have you got to lose? Try the shower bath.

IMG_0222-1.jpg

yeah oddly enough i do this when i am tired or when i feel anxious (usually drug related) and the sound of water hitting and splashing is very calming to me, as well as the extra humidity and not being able to hear everything around you like in a bath. It is a nice little escape, though i've fallen asleep in a shower bath a few times, thankfully i don't pay for hot water.

Yup, you nailed it. The loud sound is great for drowing out the outside world and being in your own little bubble. It's the same sort of euphoria you get when listening to white noise

I haven't done it in years but i do remember it been extremely relaxing

One day I hope to own/rent property remote enough that I can hang around outside naked in rain-showers during the warmer months.

I love the showerbath. I don't have time this morning to reply to posts but a shower bath post.. I have to. I always recommend it to people who are having stim comedowns.. but for myself it's just so relaxing. I sit the other way (I guess the way the bathtub intended me to lay since they're indents) and I usually shower the entire time laying down. It was really leisure and relaxing. We have a standup only shower connected to our bathroom now so no more shower bath.

Also I'm going to move this over to second opinion since it seems SOish...

Ahh, I used to do this a lot as a kid! Drove my parents crazy =D Was always a lot of fun to be in your own little world - bit like standing in heavy rain without all the unpleasant parts. Might try it again someday - haven't had a bath in a good 4 years though, always showers - too impatient to sit there soaking 8).

I've always hated baths. I'm OCD about hygiene and I just feel like sitting in the water that has washed me off (that is likely dirty) is kinda gross. Baths are so nice though ... it's just a personal problem :p aha. Oh, I'm also worried that the bathtub is dirty. I don't know why - I'm the *only* person who uses my bath/shower (my boyfriend and I live in a two bedroom, two bathroom apartment so I have my own washroom). I don't remember the last time I had a bath. That being said - I did get to relax in a jacuzzi a couple weekends ago with my bf, <snip>. That was fun. I showered beforehand x_x lol

Last edited by a moderator:
i just sit in the tub with the shower on and the drain unplugged. uses a shitload of hot water, but it is very relaxing. the noise of the water is great.

Last edited:
This topic is fine, but please keep any discussion that glorifies drug use in relation to this at a minimum. Thank you.

i just sit in the tub with the shower on and the drain unplugged. uses a shitload of hot water, but it is very relaxing. the noise of the water is great.

I love this! Does use a lot of hot water.. but every now and then it's perfect to just sit and relax and cleanse :)

...I did'nt know this had a name. I just thought i was being lazy sitting down during a shower.
Took one yesterday...did'nt want to get up, then the water got cold.

Gahhh, I love doing this.

I don't have a tub where I am right now, I considered just taking a bath at my mom's before I left the other day.

regardless, this is one of my favorite ways to relax. Add some incense, candles, and music and you're good to go.

I thought I was among the few who indulged in this. Honestly I like to turn half my shower into a shower bath when I wake up in the morning when I am still to tired to move. Luckily like others here I pay a fixed amount for my hot water so can pass out in th bath as often as I please!

I love the shower-bath - haven't done it in a while, as i don't have a shower over a bath anymore. I absolutely love showers though; for years, i'll come home from work and jump into a shower - I call it 'washing off my day'. I visualise my day draining away, especially if it's been a crap day. It's quite effective, and i always finish my shower feeling great :)

^ Thats a really cool eligent way to put it. I may have my next shower with that mentality.

I hope that 'washing off your day' was a pleasant experience, bronson <3 Thinking about showers makes me smile, i love them so. In saying that, we have just bought a new house and the shower head is shit. it's not broken or anything, but the water comes out and it feels like needles on my skin - we have excellent water pressure, which is great, but makes that effect worse. Certain body parts of mine are a lot more sensitive at the moment (i'm pregnant) hehe, so it's a little tricky keeping them out of the needle-water; but the good thing is that we're looking for a new shower head now :D