View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives The Safety of Diarylethylamines

DesSanity

Greenlighter
After reading the big and dandy threads on the related substances... a few times over... I noticed a handful of reports concerning folks having seizures. As some of you may know, when legality is discussed in the U.S. what comes up is the possibility of it being prosecuted as an analog of the scheduled stimulant//analgesic lefetamine. I saw on Wikipedia's page for it, that when it was researched in Japan, in the 50's, they found that the non-centrally active d-isomer caused seizures in rats. While that is a long way from proving that the same is true in the compounds in question (MXP, diphenidine,) the fact of it being documented in lab animals with a close cousin and the self reporting of it with these compounds, I felt, at least warranted mention. It seems like folks are lucky if the labs in question bother to synthesize the compounds correctly, accurately represent their products, and you know, ship it to you in the 1st place, but optical resolution isn't exactly the most difficult thing in the world and for those of you, who have the ability to commission a custom synth or maybe to prospective chemists out there, just some food for thought.