• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The psychedelic drug horror story and myths thread

Hate to be a killjoy but the two troll posts are BS. I have heard 10's of different variations on that story from loads of different sources.

Its quite likely that there is a slightly truthful basis behind it somewhere but I imagine most you hear to be lies.

Either way, fuckin great thread OP :D

i overdosed on CCC once a while back and had a bad trip/flashback years later, on the same thing. stupid me. this is on DXM.
i ended up thinking i was either having a flashback of the overdose and events after, or that i was in the hospital from another. ever see pink floyds the wall? the wall comes down at some point in the movie and thats what happened in this trip. my people were coming in and out of my room, i was in the hospital and could see through my closed eyes and terror was everywhere. after a while i just was begging for it to stop and it wouldnt. my friend that was there was somewhere else in his own world. when he came back i begged him to turn on the light so it would end.
needless to say (for me) it was the most terrifying experience ive ever had with a psychedelic (dissociative).

One that is commonly told in "dont do drugs" speeches by the police in my area is of the woman who ripped her own teeth out with plyers whilst tripping balls on LSD, and thought they were beetles that she needed to remove...seriously doubt if it's true, though, definately urban legend material

I've heard versions of this story (with photographic evidence in both cases) one involving a fella on PCP (he also supposedly cut off, cooked and ate his toes, if memory serves) and a couple who pulled their own/each others teeth out on GBL of all things :\

They came complete with photographs of the aftermath but what was actually going on in their heads, what drugs were actually involved - the whole backstory leading up to the pics, essentially - is another matter. Could be true. Could be bullshit. Dunno.

Hate to be a killjoy but the two troll posts are BS.

Which ones are you calling troll posts? I just wonder cos I've heard versions of many of these stories over the years. I suspect many of them are true and have happened somewhere - maybe more often than we'd like to think. I also suspect that even the truest of the true tales have been retold in exuberantly embellished form elsewhere as anti-drug propaganda at times :\

For completeness sake:

"In April 2009, a man in Bakersfield bit out his 4-year-old son's eye, and severely damaged the other, before attempting to chop off his own legs with an axe while under the influence of PCP."

http://www.bakersfield.com/news/local/x339729128/Bakersfield-dad-accused-of-biting-out-sons-eye

"The American rapper Big Lurch murdered an acquaintance and ate her lungs while on PCP. In The Man Who Mistook His Wife for a Hat, a similarly gruesome murder is described."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phencyclidine

I took way too much of a psychedelic at a concert a little over a year ago. Started out fine, I was coming up very quickly...and also very quickly the concert seemed to be getting more and more overwhelmingly crowded. Eventually I just laid back and allowed my senses to take in information because I was so overwhelmed...and then I blacked out.

The rest of the story is what I was told by my brother and friends. Apparently I stood up ran up to some random dude and started squeezing his face screaming about how I was dying. I got pulled off by my brother. I threw myself to the ground and started to eat the grass. I actually know why I ate the grass though, in my little semi-void I was having the thought that I needed to ground myself, and while I was eating the grass the contents of plants cells were going through my head.

Anyway, that didn't do the trick and I started army crawling up the grass hill that the majority of the concert-goers were. I ended up crawling right into the middle of a fight that two drunk people were having, the fight stopped and people were just circled around me watching me freak out, apparently some people were kicking me.

Finally my brother and friends find where I had escaped to and pulled me away. Some random girl that I didn't know started trying to hold me down and I ended biting my brothers leg really hard leaving big teeth marks.

Eventually the paramedics get there, it takes 4 or 5 of them to wrestle me down and carry me out of the concert into a tent. As soon as the gave me some haldol(antipsychotic) I immediately came down. First thing I remember (besides thoughts of grass) was one of the medics saying "woooh you musta been tripping hard" and my laughing histerically at this.

no myths here... Please keep in mind the good ones heavily outweigh the bads but I do have a few more if interested.

Buddy was at a house party ( probably 30ish people) on a couple tabs lounging on a couch in the living room listening to electronic type music on his headphones...Suddenly he stands up, throws down his headphones and strips buck naked in front of everyone. Of course this causes a mass chuckle as the majority of the party were frying themselves. Buddy looks left..looks right and bolts out the front door still in the buck...ran down the sidewalk and stopped about 3 houses down( about 10 of us are in the front yard watching) he takes a hard right and jumps through the front window of someones house, runs up the stairs and is greeted by a baseball bat to the head from the home owner.

The story is a bit grey from here until the cops arrive but when they do, he has his hand entrenched in the 12 inch cut in his butt cheek from the front window.
The cut later required staples.

**Note - this guys girlfriend had dumped him the day before, just saying...

I think he means the ones about keeping a troll in the closet

hahaha!

shambles in mod mode

great thread!

not a nightmare but...

in the 70's a certain young lady picked mushrooms on a golf course and tripped. as night fell, she made her way to town and climbed up the fire escape onto the roof of the police station. she managed to get into the top floor of the station - it was a conference room.

she became convinced she was doing the catering, and laid out the cups and saucers she found on the long table. there was no kitchen on this level; unperturbed she found a fire hose and started filling teacups with this.

the inevitable flood of water gushing down from upstairs alerted plod to the intruder, and of course put paid to her tea party.

An ex-partner and I were discussing drugs education in Greece (She was a Greek English language teacher). She told me that when she was in primary school (would be early 1970's) that the teacher showed them that famous photograph of the burned and naked girl and other children fleeing from an American napalm attack in Vietnam .................. and told them that this is what happens when you take LSD :(

Because drugs are so vilified by conservative Greeks, and drug use such a no-no, she said they had no way of knowing that this wasn't the case.

Way to go, eh?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/4517597.stm if you've never seen the photo.

Last edited:
I think he means the ones about keeping a troll in the closet

That would explain it :eek:

My drugs horror story: dro0gz bugger reading comprehension, cause occasional sense of humour failure and general confuddlement :|

I was really really drunk when I had this brilliant idea to drop 3 hits of strong blotter and smoke a good hit of DMT.

When the trip started coming up, I was convinced a guy that was in our apartment was actually satan. Then I escaped from my body, I was in a dissociated state where I started to re-create the universe from scratch. When I returned to my body I was in the hospital strapped into a bed, still heavily tripping from the acid. The nurses looked like zombies or mummies as they were taking blood samples from me. It felt like medieval torcher. I was horrified.

Later I was told that at the time I had the out-of-body-experience, my body had went berserk and tried to tear down the house, apparently they had needed 4 policemen to restrain me.

Strong drink & acid doesn't necessarily mix well - especially when you have the drink first - I have had my own misfortune with that combination, not anywhere near the extent of yours mind dread.

^ "Just say no" in the form of a drug-addled sentence. You had to be there ;)

I think it was Bill Hicks that did the bit ranting about people who jump out of windows on psychedelics.

Why don't you try TAKING OFF FROM THE FUCKING GROUND first? When was the last time you saw a sparrow in the elevator heading to the top floor saying "yup, time to head south for the winter!"?

;)

Trivia of Truth: One of my uncles died after jumping out a window on acid in the 60s. Whether he thought he could fly or was just plain ol' suicidal is somewhat debatable though...

^My friend had completely lost his shit on 4 hits of blotter and among his comical ramblings(I was under the influence of 2c-e and did not find it funny at the time)he would continually tell me how he was either going to slip through the wall and escape or jump from the window. I wish I could remember if he thought he would fly to the ground after he jumped but then again he thought he was already dead and that this was the afterlife anyways so I guess it wouldn't have mattered. After that experience I often wonder what it is with people on psychedelic drugs and jumping off things.