• ✍️ WORDS ✍️

Welcome Guest!

• Words Moderators: Mysterier

The Official WORDS e-Free Poetry Competition

Though undetermined as if they are of the probing type of extraterrestrial being. More than likely - I read that they tend to favour that.

Anyhoo, this is my final gripe about not being able to use the letter 'e', I promise. I would have submitted this poem If-We-Got-To-Dance if it was absent of e's, but alas. I'd love to you know what you all think of it as I'm unsure if I just think it's good due to 10mg alprazolam, 25mg diazepam, 90mg oxazepam and finally being stable after having a shot of buprenorphine (Suboxone, unfortunately. I swear I can feel a difference between the two, I digress), or whether it actually is good and I'm just wasted. :)

Ash. <3

Last edited:
When will the entries be made public and thus the winner of the competition? :)

When will the entries be made public and thus the winner of the competition? :)

You sound as keen, but your confidence is misplaced. This will be won by an outsider; new to this forum, devilishly handsom yet fairly annoying.
I can feel it in my waters.

This will be won by an outsider; new to this forum, devilishly handsom yet fairly annoying.

Impossible; I didn't submit anything.

When will the entries be made public and thus the winner of the competition?

Voting will begin (edit: tomorrow)!

Sorry for those who've been waiting. Can't upload stuff today. But I have a good excuse: I got side-tracked identifying acacia trees for my upcoming Ayahuasca experiments... Alhamdulillah; Hail to the Chief; Diu Caesar vivat; Lawks a Lordy, my bottom's on fire...

Last edited:
Finally did it! Sorry about the wait. I've been very high recently. I'm stoned now, actually. Eating donuts and drinking from a 2 litre milk bottle in one of the University's after hours computer lab. Ate 1.5 grams of weed a couple of hours ago. Brain is fuzzy. Anyway, vote here.

If you don't vote, I'll permanently ban you from bluelight and the internet.

The Senior Mods gave me permission.

I am on a mission from God.

From the rules, in the OP:

The winners will be judged, anonymously, via poll. Everybody is allowed to vote once, only. And, please resist the temptation to vote for yourself.

PLEASE don't vote for yourself. I can see who you voted for. It's not cool.

'Your stillborn swarm' and 'ode to the dodo' were my personal favs, wasnt easy choosing which one to vote for.

words forum e-free poetry competition

if you can move this into the thread in the Words forum for their poetry competition that'd be awesome.

I wrote the "ode to the dodo" poem and sent it into 4EA with the title "Odd walks into a bar and says to a dodo", along with the comment that if "e" were allowed in our poems it'd probably be called "ode to the dodo". Somehow things got confused and the wrong title was used!

There is some confusion over the rules. Many of the submissions have the letter e in the title, but not the body. This is okay. The letter e is allowed in the title. I chose "ode to the dodo" because that was the preferred title. Hope that clears things up.

VOTE all of you! :)

There have only been 7 votes and there is only one poem with more than 1 vote..

Ash. <3

From the rules, in the OP:

The winners will be judged, anonymously, via poll. Everybody is allowed to vote once, only. And, please resist the temptation to vote for yourself.

PLEASE don't vote for yourself. I can see who you voted for. It's not cool.

If that rule is read using the rules of the english language then it is a suggestion and not a rule, so I am within my rights to vote for myself, I haven't come close to winning anyway, but this is a words forum which respects the language, and I respected the language when placing my vote. There was something that didn't respect the language though and that was the actual rules starting a sentence with the word and having a capital letter!