The Americas
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

the new drug scene is really depressing

kushblowin

Bluelighter
its like a depressing culture shock i just cant get used to. i did most of my drug usage around 2009-2017 and then i cut back to just kratom, weed, and the occasional pill so i havent really seen how bad its gotten until recently.

this is fucking awful even just doing drugs moderately doesnt seem worth it anymore. opiates were expensive but you COULD always find them. you could buy oxy 80s and there was no such thing as pressed fentanyl pills. i remember when the worst thing to happen in the opiate world was when they switched from oxys to opana and people were freaking the fuck out about that and now this is just insane i cant believe how bad its gotten. i havent seen or heard of a real opiate in years and everyone just takes gabapentin, rc's, and fentanyl now.

everything is like super potent powders, sketchy rc chemicals, and the real stuff thats actually good keeps getting banned. you used to be able to buy alz powder, etizolam is getting banned, everything good is gone, and weeds cool but i cant really enjoy smoking all day anymore. it just scares me having all these sketchy chemicals, and seeing people with all these crazy super potent powders, and worrying about hot spots in drugs, and the biggest thing that blows my mind was when i saw people WILLINGLY using fent because they just gave up. not just using fent but specifically buying fent pressed pills that are marked up 1000% instead of at least just buying the fent themselves.

im not gonna say that giving people bottles of oxy 80s and benzos is the best idea either but the only time ive heard of overdoses were hardcore heroin addicts or people who mixed painkillers with alcohols. this new shit is scary it just gets more synthetic, dirty, and dangerous as the years go on. it was basically impossible to overdose before and everything was just so clean and simple.

now i come back and drugs are just long chemical names, people are buying weird powders from china, everything is super dangerous and people are just putting the craziest shit in their bodies. i feel bad for the kids now they're going to be clueless with drugs being full of dangerous shit at least when i was learning about drugs you had real pharmacy pills so you could research them first and the worst that happened is you just took too much and got sick no one was dying from what we did but if we did drugs in this era i feel like there would definitely be deaths.

This may surprise you but;

During 1999–2017, the rate of drug overdose deaths nationally approximately tripled; approximately 70,000 overdose deaths occurred nationally in 2017, with nearly 68% involving an opioid.

And;

From 2017 to 2019, however, the number of deaths dropped

About deaths with fentanyl/fentanyl-analogues. So when you did drugs, 2009-2017, there were more death involving fentanyl.
But since you (probably? I'm guessing) didn't know it, but you do now, you thought it was better then.
It wasn't.

The only difference dude, is that you're aware of it now. And yeah, it sucks.

What I mean is that what you call a new drug scene, is over a decade old.

Yeah, aside from the fentanyl, nothing's really all that different. People have been using designer drugs for decades. Doctors don't prescribe opiates anymore so they're no longer around. You can still get them if you try hard enough.

And yeah, especially if we're talking back to '09 the rc market was already pretty huge. All of the good stuff will get banned. That's what governments do. We just have to adapt.

Yea in my opinion 2009 is when opiates started going to shit and fentanyl came into the scene. Nothing like today mind you, but gone were the days from basically early 00’s to then where legit OC’s were everywhere and the heroin was grade A purity.

I remember 03-07 I could get a handful of Oxys (not even counted often) for a couple 20 bills.

-GC

Yes I recently got SOME oxy and mostly methadone to hold me over for a 2 week planned trip and I was flabbergasted and discombobulated at the amount of time and effort necessary to source legitimate oxycodone from Britain or Germany to US. I am talking months in the planning.

How about poppy pods for making tea? Is it still fairly easy to order online?

Yeah, aside from the fentanyl, nothing's really all that different. People have been using designer drugs for decades. Doctors don't prescribe opiates anymore so they're no longer around. You can still get them if you try hard enough.
fentanyl is old.. ish. it's these new fent analogues that are new. i was smoking fent patches off foil when i was 19. the only different thing is the clandestine element. which obviously affected availability in a positive or negative way depending on who you talk to. now you don't need to know a person with a dirty doc or a terminal illness.

How about poppy pods for making tea? Is it still fairly easy to order online?
You got the right idea!

I predict that given the current global heroin scene has been tainted with increasing fent and fent is on schedule to fully eclipse it, its only a matter of time before the crazy new synthetic opioids coming out of China will eventually eclipse fent.

Growing poppies is gonna get real popular as an underground crop much in the same way Marijuana was until recently.

Just as there was a large percentage of intelligent upper class weed smokers who demanded a quality high, there is a large user base of opioids who are intelligent upper class and won't put up with the street garbage being sold as H, and demand a quality high, that of which only come from true opiates, from the poppy. It is debatable which offers the best high, H, dilaudid, oxy, morphine, opana (all poppy based) but what is generally not debatable is the fact that these opiates offer a superior high when compared to the synthetics like fent, methadone, demoral, tramadol, tapentadol

Of course there's the exotic ones like diconal and the exceptions to the rule with a few users preferring a synthetic high over a poppy based high but this is not the case for almost all users and often has to do with financial or tolerance reasons.

These intelligent users who have the resources will conclude that short of the law changing and opiates becoming available over the counter, their best chances at getting the high they seek is to grow the poppies themselves.

Sorry college students and teenagers, No ones gonna get anything useful from a closet grow setup this time, you need some land, or some land no one watches.

Only it will be bigger since they grow all over the place and you don't need indoor grow op even if you don't live in California or Hawaii.

Last edited:
the drug scene is shiiiiiiiiiiit in general now days . Bring back pressed mdma pills..like the old school ''white hearts'' or ''green arrows''. or '' monsters incorporated'' kind of thing...anyone noticed there's none anymore and the drug scenes gone to shit because of it.. Pretty much fact where i live.

Huge fun element in it is missing.

People need to start doing stamped/patterned/designed bags and caps or something...liven it up a bit haha

And yeah, especially if we're talking back to '09 the rc market was already pretty huge. All of the good stuff will get banned. That's what governments do. We just have to adapt.
What about internet? Something Like dm was, i know its not Here anymore but there shiuld be active ones. Question i gues is, are heroin and other opiates more likely to be pure over there

Stronger, synthetic illicit drugs are nothing new. In fact they've been trending for decades.

William Gibson wrote about a future where every class of drugs was widely available to the general public in the form of transdermal patches (he called them derms) back in the mid eighties.

Personally I think blotters will be more likely just because drugs absorb better through oral mucosa. Better and more efficiently than the external skin.

I never thought I'd live to see benzos on blotters but that's a huge thing now. As are psychedelics that are not LSD. It would also be extremely easy to make blotters from many synthetic opioids and synthetic cannabinoids.

The drug scene has always been kinda shitty as long as I've been in it going back to 2008. RC's are always around, getting outlawed, and new ones popping up all over. People still do a ton of molly, it just isn't ecstasy tablets like i fondly remember. Fentanyl was a thing back in '09-'12 while I was using heroin, as well. However I never managed to find any fentanyl until my most recent stint with active addiction starting in October last year.

Copping a bag nowadays is what I really hate about the drug scene. When I relapsed in October I had a coworker who supplied me. After the place got shut down, I can't find solid, steady connects, and I won't do DNM's. Old coworker still pops up from time to time, but 9 times out of 10 I end up with nothing as I wait and get ghosted. As you can guess, not having a solid, steady connect is dangerous. I've been robbed a couple times now. The trick is to carry ONLY the exact amount of cash for what I want, no wallet or anything else of value, so no real big losses to be had. I value my life more than a few bucks for drugs so I've never fought back, just handed over what I had and walked away unscathed. And this is a great way to be arrested, I would imagine. Eventually, if I don't keep myself off the shit, I'm going to run into a confidential informant or undercover and be fucked just for trying to find a fix.

It used to be hella easy for me to find connects. Nowadays I can't turn up a damn plug, yet I still always manage to score. Wild.

I was just thinking about this. There are no poppy based opiates around at all - Big Californian city. It's all fent and analogues. The only real opiates have been from a person prescribed them and willing to sell me some. I don't want that cold fent high.

Been there done it with poppy pod/seed tea. Ruined my stomach. I got really unwell. Don't like Kratom.

Man, in my neck of the woods, heroin is still tar heroin. There's no fent around here unless (I'm guessing) you ask for it. The game hasn't changed too much around here, and even though people keep warning me and are convinced it is, I've been doing the same shit in the same city for 15 years. Even though I'm dumb in alot of ways, I know what my preferred drugs feel like and I would know if they have changed
Midwest? Colorado? Utah? Australia? Sri lanka?