• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

The Netherlands, medical standards lowered after free market politics set in.

emkee_reinvented

Bluelighter
Well we got it. Since of march users of dexamfetamine (dextro-amphetamin) in the Netherlands are no longer supplied (allmost) free of charge with the medication once prescribed by their health care practitionar (mostly psychaters and some dr's).

Now that a big pharma company brought to us dexamfetamine in a faculty produced blister pack. The once supplied form that was produced locally by drugstore's (magistic preperation) are not allowed anymore. Because there is a pharmaceutical preperation available! Nothing wrong it seems, but the pharmaceutical form is not being covered by our insurance company's as of yet. So the result a medication that was supplied free of charge (magistic preperation) suddenly got a price tag of 230,-/ 300,- euro a month. Yes that's for about 2 grams of speed if we compare it too the illegal counterpart, so you get an idea of the kinda cash the company is about to earn.

So living in this new 3 world country system I had to stop for the third time, march/ april and june, because the supply got way to expensive. It is possible to buy it yourselfyou can even choose the brand Amfexa which will cost you a lot or from the drugstore at about a third the price. But hey I am allready paying allmost an 1/4 of my income for health insurance. Sad moment realising this.

that is not free market politics, that is the regulator and the .NL healthcare system making a closed noncompetitive market, exactly the opposite to free market.
It is not surprising that pharma companies and the insurers game this system, it is the business model of companies like Turing in the states and Flynn Pharma in UE, it is a gift to them, money for nothing gifted to them by the regulator, monopolies are inherently unstable and always require government interference to keep monopolies, which governments always do usually in exchange for kick backs to the governement officials.
IIRC it was the NL that blocked dexamp from being pan european licenced for ADHD a couple of years ago so forcing compounding in pharmacies.

Man I'm glad I live in the UK where healthcare is free. If I lived somewhere where I had to pay I'd be screwed especially with all the health problems I've had over the last few years.....

I wonder if the UK will retain all the reciprocal health care arraingements it has with other EU countries now we've voted out of the EU (unfortunately).

Man I'm glad I live in the UK where healthcare is free. If I lived somewhere where I had to pay I'd be screwed especially with all the health problems I've had over the last few years.....

I wonder if the UK will retain all the reciprocal health care arraingements it has with other EU countries now we've voted out of the EU (unfortunately).

there is a big difference between free and free at the point of use, assuming that the NHS is automatically better than an insurance based system like NL is wrong because the insurance is not individual risk based or profile based and uses pooling so it doesn't matter about health problems. It has a higher approval rate than the NHS and you are more likely to live longer under the NL healthcare system too.

I still get it for free cause I'm livung inside a semi-closed ward not looking forward to my release at all . 200 euros for a couple grams of amphetamine is criminal. That's all I'm saying about the people who lobby for the pharmacy companies in Brussels they deserve a bullet to their head like other dealers in the game are used to risking.