• Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

The Meth effect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chubba75 said:
You can't unless you take into account that everybody can't use responsibly, especially with Meth. Would you have this same attitude if your mum/dad/brother/sister was hooked on IV Meth, injecting 10 - 20 times a day, going crazy and on the edge close to dying?

Would you have the same view on alcohol if you had to see someone close to you suffer from addiction to it, delirium from it, and complete detachment from reality?

Would you have the same view on alcohol if you had to see someone close to you suffer from addiction to it, delirium from it, and complete detachment from reality?
I'm STRONGLY against alcohol, it is a terrible drug, try again.

Chubba i know where your coming from i know what iving meth does to people. Iv seen it with my own eyes, if it were legal treatment options would be readily available. Your assuming that everybody that does meth is going to get hopelessly hooked. Again its the bad choices that make addicts not the drugs. Everybody should be given the personal responsibilty that comes with the freedom of choice, just cos some junkie fucks get hopelessly addicted why should everybody else miss out?

I too think all drugs should be legalized, along with a long list of other things. The main argument for keeping drugs illegal is that we here in the US like to do this thing where we push our responsibility onto other people, or more conveniently yet, inanimate objects. I think people need to take more personal responsibility. If someone is addicted to meth, it is because of the poor choices that that person made, not because meth is evil. People addicted to herion or crack can stoop just as low as those addicted to meth. Even people that are addicted to gambling often steal and plunge themselves into debt. I really don't care if someone wants to destroy themselves, as long as they aren't effecting other people. As soon as they start to become violent or steal, lock them up. Alcohol and cigarettes kill a hell of a lot more people than even use meth. Alcohol also kills a lot more people that don't even use alcohol due to drunk driving. And yes, I have had people I know throw their whole lives away because of addiction. But it was their life and their choice. Also, there are plenty of examples where legalization does not lead to long term increase in use (there is often some short term increase in use shown in statistics because people are then more willing to admit to use, and more people are willing to try it). This is just like when people blame guns for violence. It is only because they don't want to take responsibility for their actions.

just cos some junkie fucks get hopelessly addicted why should everybody else miss out?
... because I'm not selfish. I care about my family, my friends and the community. I don't care if I have to miss out. It's only a bloody drug, who the hell cares. The fact that you called them "junkie fucks" says a lot about you.
If someone is addicted to meth, it is because of the poor choices that that person made, not because meth is evil. People addicted to herion or crack can stoop just as low as those addicted to meth.
It's not always black and white, people get addicted for all kinds of reasons. Heroin does not belong in this conversation, I believe it should be legalized.

There is *NO* safe way to use Meth. It literally destroys the body and mind, making it legal won't change this fact. Making it legal won't stop people getting amphetamine physcosis, or going crazy from sleep deprivation. Making it legal won't stop them from ripping the skin off their face from Meth leaking out of their skin. Making it legal won't stop them getting extremely violent, harming others.

Sersiously, wake up!

Last edited:
Keeping it illegal won't do anything to change it either. The only 100% sure way for people not to get addicted to meth, is for them never to take it. All the laws we have has been proven NOT to work. It's time to try something like REAL education about the dangers instead of misinformation and propaganda. It is time to teach people to be responsible for their own actions. There ARE safe ways to use meth which include such things as moderation. Heroin DOES belong in this discussion because it can be just as addicting as meth (if not moreso) and the withdrawl symptoms are certainly worse.

There ARE safe ways to use meth which include such things as moderation. Heroin DOES belong in this discussion because it can be just as addicting as meth (if not moreso) and the withdrawl symptoms are certainly worse.
Heroin does not belong in this conversation because it is minimally damaging, both physically and mentally, all of it's problems stem from it's illegality.

Meth on the other hand straight out physically and mentally destroys the user, no matter how legal or how safe you use it. All the information in the world still won't change that this drug is extremely dangerous. Of course some people can practice moderation (it is still damaging them), but what about everyone else?

Again, answer this. Would you still have this attitude, if your mother/father/sister/brother were IVing Meth 10 - 20 times a day, staying up weeks on end, suffering from sleep deprivation and amphetamine physcosis, close to death?

If someone has no self control then they shouldn't be taking drugs. The government has no place in telling people what they can and can't put in their bodies and all their efforts to do so have done little to nothing to curb abuse. Illegality causes a lot more problems than it solves. I would also like to see some studies where you are getting your information from that meth is neurotoxic and toxic to your body as well as addictive in normal doses and when used in moderation.

If someone has no self control then they shouldn't be taking drugs.
What if your best friend didn't have self-control, and ended up dying? It's alright, it's his fault he got addicted. What about your brother and sister, ending up in a mental institution? It's alright, it's their fault they got addicted. What about your mother committing suicide because she was delusional? It's alright, it's her fault because she got addicted. I HIGHLY doubt you would take any of those situations lying down.

If you're getting "high" off Meth, it is indeed damaging your body.

Who are you to say what I would and would not do. I would certainly do what I could to help them quit IF THEY WANTED TO. I firmly believe in not telling others what to do with their lives. If their addiction really bothered me then they would have to choose being around me or the drug. No one can make another person quit if they don't want to. It will never work. I have dealt with addiction in my family and I have cut those people off from my life. I really don't find it that hard to be selfish, when the other person is choosing a drug over your relationship.
Until you show some evidence about all this "damaging your body" shit you are saying, I don't believe it. You can't just make absolute statements without something to back it up.

If those 3 above situations don't concern you, this argument is over and you're a sick fuck.

Just as I figured. You couldn't find any studies saying that damage from methamphetamine wasn't due to either high dose or abuse.

Thinking people should take responsibility for their own actions is living in denial? Very interesting. Smoking tobacco kills millions of people every year, but I don't hear you complaining much about that. Health really isn't the issue with legalization, it's freedom. Freedom to choose, whether that choice be unhealthy or not. As long as you aren't infringing on another persons basic rights, you should be free to do as you please, no matter how much it hurts your body. If things should be illegal simply because they are dangerous than cars, cigarettes, fatty foods, and skydiving should all be illegal. How about you stop being such a fascist? Especially since your argument just doesn't hold up. Personally, I don't use meth simply because I don't like uppers, but that doesn't mean I think everyone should follow my example. There are plenty of people you would call "addicts" that make perfectly productive members of society. Take Thomas Edison for example.

Personally, I don't use meth
Well STFU, seriously. Your opinion is worthless, because until you have suffered Meth addiction, you are in no state to comment on it.

So now I get it. Since you are/were an addict you take all my comments personally. It would also explain why you seem so intent on blaming the drug instead of taking some responsibility for your own actions.

Or because you know nothing about it? Get a clue before you start throwing all this shit around.

Not being a meth addict doesn't mean I don't have experience with meth or meth addict. It just means I happened to make the right choices, which would mean I apparently know enough to be considered smarter or at least have more control than someone who became addicted. Also, why do you always have to resort to personal attacks? Because you have no intelligent and rational contribution?

Not being a meth addict doesn't mean I don't have experience with meth or meth addict.
You're an outside observer, you have no idea what's really going on.
It just means I happened to make the right choices, which would mean I apparently know enough to be considered smarter or at least have more control than someone who became addicted.
Get off your high horse. People get addicted for many reasons, some of which aren't in their control.

Chubba75 said:
Get off your high horse. People get addicted for many reasons, some of which aren't in their control.
Yeah, some babies are born addicted because their mother was a junkie. Thats about it as far as not having control goes. If you take drugs, you are accepting the risk that you may or may not get addicted, whether or not you "expected" it (Same thing with STDs and sex). Ultimately it is only YOUR decision whether or not you take a drug and continue taking it. It is quite easy to see how you became an addict. You don't take responsibility for your own actions and "blame the drugs" and you just don't know when to quit, even when you are beat.

It is quite easy to see how you became an addict. You don't take responsibility for your own actions and "blame the drugs" and you just don't know when to quit, even when you are beat.
You don't know my situation, my life and what I've been through. Again you haven't been a Meth addict, you obviously don't understand how the drug works. You can toot your "don't blame the drugs" horn all you want, but the fact is you haven't experienced it, so you are in NO state to comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.