• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

The Meaning of Life

motiv311

Bluelighter
God, is running a program called "creation" on a what we would see as a very large computer. He hatches souls into containers (bacteria), which are essentially animals without them; we call them human beings. The souls energy is locked within the spectrum of the bodies hardware, essentially the body only lets the soul "feel" so much. But then again, people could feel a lot more if they only attempted to fully appreciate these properties.

We are living in a reality, even as we are here a separate part of us, your spirit energy which is real and is forever. Basically you could say that your body is the hardware, and your soul is the software that make up you. You hardware, is the tool of your mind. Think of your soul as an invisible hand, in our current reality a spirit is not visible. Now envision a glove being put on over that invisible hand; giving it form.

The purpose of the human life from the perspective of those actively engaged in day to day living, is just that day to day living, reproduction, perpetuation of the species etc. . Everyone knows this, its obvious. Sometimes the simplest explanation is the best one.

If human beings progressed far enough, would they not create other intelligent life forms? Are human beings not actively per-suing means of creating artificial intelligence? In thirty years it is predicted that everyone will have A.I. Implants in their brains, working with your natural processes; these implants would cause your IQ, memory, and literally the "processor speed" of your brain to go up by like 300times.

God using his power, created the sun, and planets. Because he was made of sun, and we are made of stardust. Our thoughts, and the energy of our being, are collectively stored as processor power/information for the sun which is also made of light; which is both processor power/information.

As the sun itself one day became truly awake and alive, it sought to understand its true nature, and sought bodies in the dark. These containers would allow God to extend his will further into the vacuum of space. God wishes the truth and the light to spread to every possible area in the 11 dimensions and beyond. The nature of the universe is naturally negative and entropy-ruin. It's a great big void of nothingness, and God is attempting to spread intelligences throughout the void, even though life will most likely die out in the distant distant future.

Is this you telling us how it is with a few rhetorical questions thrown in?
I'll go with 42.

What kind of discussion are you looking for here?

just read it and leave it if you don't like my 3am zombie ramblings.

I don't know if I like it yet. I may, though, if you explain what you'd like to discuss. :)

what I want to discuss is this . . . . Why do we exist at all? What is the point? Is it a positive existence or are we some breeding experiment by Extra-Terrestrials? What purpose does our existence serve?

mr-natural2.jpg

we should be asking what meaning is or if meaning even exists. i think there is an answer out there, but not anything we can even close to comprehend. see this is why philosophers are the odd ones out, their defying the natural way of things, humans werent meant to ask questions they were meant to survive, and thats OUR meaning IMO, is to survive, the vibe i get from the universe is "hang around, ive got something planned for you" i mean, we can either think about how insignificant we are or hwo significant we are. the fact that we can think about ourselves being insignificant makes us significant if that makes any sense.

what I want to discuss is this . . . . Why do we exist at all? What is the point? Is it a positive existence or are we some breeding experiment by Extra-Terrestrials? What purpose does our existence serve?

That is exactly the point, yes. Try not to over-complicate it.

My tentative answer is that the purpose of life is the universe's way of looking at itself.

Note that this is purely speculation, based on all the seeking I've done thusfar. I think it's quite possible no one knows the meaning of life for sure, and I could be way off base.

Oh, in that case, I'd love to discuss in depth.

... when I don't have a hangover.

we should be asking what meaning is or if meaning even exists. i think there is an answer out there, but not anything we can even close to comprehend. see this is why philosophers are the odd ones out, their defying the natural way of things, humans werent meant to ask questions they were meant to survive, and thats OUR meaning IMO, is to survive, the vibe i get from the universe is "hang around, ive got something planned for you" i mean, we can either think about how insignificant we are or hwo significant we are. the fact that we can think about ourselves being insignificant makes us significant if that makes any sense.

totally,
the way I see it is that human beings are capable of so much, yet somehow it seems like most people actually would not bother even entertaining certain concepts about the nature of our existence.

I believe essentially, hunting and gathering is still kind of what we do. We are workers, but some of us kind take a step back and are like "wait one gall darn second!, what the FUCK are we doing on this rock travelling 66,000 miles an hour around a ball of fire?"

As far as Significance, you are SOO SOO right. . . . The fact we can reflect on how ignorant and naiive we are as a species we can put the pieces together.

I've had certain experiences (spiritual) that I really don't talk about, but lets say that I KNOW that there is an infinite intelligence every person is capable of connecting with in one way or another (possibly more significant way)

^ i like to think that the universe itself is an entity. a conscious entity. it controls itself. it has infinite knowledge that we can,do,and will continue to tap into one way or another. Whether that be thru practice of meditation or spiritual use of entheogens.

asking for the meaning to life inhibits you from finding the answer

the thing about things like this is that when your looking for the right thing, the things that illuded you show themselves, because looking for them wasnt the way to find them, because the way is when you desire something eles.

love much, eat hunger, play a trick on satan and become

"The root of most philosophical questions is a misunderstanding of language."

What does it even mean to ask for the meaning of life? What does it exactly mean to have a point?

"The answer is never the answer. What's really interesting is the mystery. If you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you'll always be seeking. I've never seen anybody really find the answer -- they think they have, so they stop thinking. But the job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery, plant a garden in which strange plants grow and mysteries bloom. The need for mystery is greater than the need for an answer."

~ Ken Kesey

Merry christmas.

In The beginning there was everything. There has always been everything, and there will always be everything. Since the form or essence of everything you witness has always been in existence in one way or another exceeding any boundaries of the human prision known as time. In this there was no definate beginning only constant changing. The beginning stated previously refers to the space that filled our universe long before the earth and long before life. Eventually, however the Earth will return to that space and re-emerge again in a sequence with no specific order but intendly based upon the same criteria of infinite impossibility. It began in the space from which every child is born, from which every seed is hatched and from which every soul returns to. It is a space containing any and all knowledge ever learnt or thought of. It is every memory ever kept. It is a space filled with nothing but pure energy. A Collection of eternal spirits or essences. A collective soul. Within this space of massive energy is a being made completely out of its own entirity. This space or being has a collectiveness and a conciousness. It is all seeing and all knowing and perfect because it is the unity of all in existence. This conciousness is what humans may call a god.

This "God" loves patterns as it has always loved them. THis God was filled with three main presences. The Good or Positive The Negative or Evil and the Neutral or Unchangable. In Human science these things have been catergorized as Protons, Neutrons, and Electrons. This "God" liked to put order to his chaotically energic form. This "god" arranged some of the energy particles into patterns within himself he shaped thousands of different variations. Patterns are eternal but they are all generally made out of shapes that are recognizable. Our Universe is Eternal and Repetitive. All things connect in patterns. God knew that the patterns could would and will continue to grow larger. "God" knew the different patterns would eventually take thier own individual forms as they achieved their perfection. These forms are the four elements we recognize most here on earth. Earth, Wind, Fire, Water. Eventually the patterns gained enough knowledge to create the very earth itself. In this God made from his pure energy our MATERIAL reality. As he had many times before and would many times more. This creation took only a second in the timelessness of space that is the distance between us and god. But millions of years in the comprehension that is considered merely human. God pushed the earth away and into the deep abyss of our physical universe. Our Material world was made to keep us away from the mysteries of eternal life. However god stayed close enough for us to see it, tiny in the sky during the day which then moves to watch the other side at Night. Parts of god or individual souls seperated from gods form and were born on this material planet in the forms of humans, trees, children, Flowers, Bees, Birds, All living creatures anything that can have a story. This gave the earth motion vibrancy color and life. Everytime a Child is born he leaves the embodiment of god for the body created for them here in on earth.

We are all Spiritual Creatures on a Physical Journey. The Distance that god put itself from us causes some souls to get lost. They contribute to the energy that blows the wind turns the seas brings life to the fires Shifts the Earth and creates the miracles of reality. Humans have learned to channel this energy to light their lights to fuel thier machines. They do not know what energy truely is and it is not their fault. The Humans that abuse electricity and power for greed will return to earth in the next life ONLY to CRANK THE GEARS OF the machine they have built. Each individual soul has existed long before the physical and material world you see before you. IT chose to leave gods form and it chooses to return to it. When someones life is taken from us abrubtly its because they are required to return sooner or later and the sooner arrived first. In this you must understand we are ALL GOD all together we are perfect. To perfect yourself here on earth is to eternally become part of god. Humans were made to forget where we come from. Im also just not speaking of your mothers womb. We are all programmed and MADE to be ignorant. However we are also made to learn and have knowledge. We are here for own self indulgence, to attempt to attain all the things we cant have while holding a metaphysical pattern. Our purpose to perfect ourselves it's our rigourous concept to achieve eternal freedom. Our ultimate indulgence is to exploit everything around us. Our ultimate goal is to achieve a kind of love or timeless understanding that is not found in our material items. WE Existed before matter. Remember Matter is fleeting as is time. Time is what we put on top of our heads to remind us about things that matter but to put a time limit on the matter means that no one can truely attain everything they think they can on this physical level of existence. All thing happen because they were made or were ment to. Outside of our earth there is no true time there is no true "space" there is no true Emotion outside of our Earth it is perfect. Live and Die and it will all fall together.

"The answer is never the answer. What's really interesting is the mystery. If you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you'll always be seeking. I've never seen anybody really find the answer -- they think they have, so they stop thinking. But the job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery, plant a garden in which strange plants grow and mysteries bloom. The need for mystery is greater than the need for an answer."

~ Ken Kesey

the mystery IS the answer, because it is through the mystery that all of our desires find their satisfaction. if the answer is known then our satisfactions are known and there is no more desire; the desire to live dies, and with it the meaning to life no longer exists. when you find the "answer" the answer stops existing, therefore there is no "meaning of life"

Very interesting responses.

My take is that the question itself is meaningless. Imagine someone asking you "what is the meaning of this coffee cup?" You'd be uncertain as to what they were actually asking about, though it SOUNDS like there's something to the question. They could mean "what is the purpose of this coffee cup" in the sense of "for what use was this thing devised" or alternatively in the sense of "what can you use this thing for." They could mean "why is this coffee cup here." And so forth.

When someone asks what the meaning of life is, my instinct is to ask them to be more specific. Meaning in what sense? Are you asking what caused life to exist on this planet? Are you asking whether something created life with a particular use in mind? Are you asking of what use life is to you? Etc.

^Yes, I think so too. That whole misunderstanding of language thing - a question can be grammatically correct, seem straightforward, but be so ill-defined that it's meaningless or has infinite interpretations.

I really do find that most people don't understand the question when they ask it. Like another poster above, I usually just answer it with an annoying - 42.