• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

the market: stocks, bonds, options, whatever

yup there they are:

CHINA’S STATEMENT ON CRYPTOCURRENCY

The PBOC said it will “resolutely clamp down on virtual currency speculation, and related financial activities and misbehaviour in order to safeguard people’s properties and maintain economic, financial and social order”.
It said that trading of virtual currencies had become “widespread, disrupting economic and financial order, giving rise to money laundering, illegal fund-raising, fraud, pyramid schemes and other illegal and criminal activities.”

ZMKai8Yl.png

that's a little better

LUNA and MATIC were the big leaders the last couple days.....that's the only 2 i have so i was pretty thrilled about that - looking better tho

Hell of a dip. The stock market reacted similarly (though less severely) to news about the Omicron variant. I guess there was some China fud too. Classic tactics. Hard won wisdom: watching crypto daily is dangerous because it is hard not to react out of fear or fomo. Best to buy dips, never go all in, instead buy chunks whenever it dips and you have capital to invest that you don't mind not access for quite some time. Then just hold it. Think on much longer tie scales. It's a heavily manipulated market, but it's trending ever upwards and there is no reason to think it won't continue to. Total market cap in the whole space is still peanuts compared to traditional financial markets, and blockchain is becoming more and more adopted. It is by many orders of magnitude the best yielding asset ever since it started, out of any investment vehicle. The whole way a chorus of naysayers insist it's a ponzi scheme or it's dead. So you just have to choose whether to believe or not, and stick to that, invest in projects with solid fundamentals, never invest money you can't afford to lose, and NEVER borrow money to invest in crypto (or any investment).

But in other news, man I almost made a great play but instead I'm feeling the pain. Bought a bunch of OMG at $13, was a click away from selling it at $19. Now it's at $6.50. Ouch

im doing ok with LUNA and MATIC...could definitely be better

i think we're gonna get another altcoin run up

Ethereum hasn't tanked much. But Litecoin fell by more than 50%. That's the one I'd feel better if it kept going up.

I keep getting the feeling the big mining conglomerates (who own such a large portion of BTC) are trying to get it to tank and go into another bear cycle. Which I'd be cool with, I just wish the market would make up its mind. The reason I say this is because every time we get into a groove, there is a huge liquidation candle and the price lowers another plateau. But it keeps trying to go back up, too. I think it's because there is so much more money, and so many more people, in crypto now, that it's harder for them to tank the price. But those $10k drops in a single 1 hour candle are totally unnatural. Huge downward wicks of $5000-6000. For example the most recent one:

S6n3Rhf.png

You know the saying tho. Something made to be collectible isn’t collectible.

Hey guys, been busy for the last couple months and haven’t had much time for fun.

But I figured I would stop in here to recommend anyone who is in to crypto to look in to Tomb Finance on Fantom. They are blowing up and have a very interesting yield farming system set up around an algocoin. Good hedge for the bear market and I’m obsessed with paying myself a passive wage.

my life right now -
  • eat
  • drink
  • sleep
  • work
  • invest
  • repeat
<doomer.jpg>

sometimes i hug my knees and rock back and forth between the drinking and the sleeping.

it scares me that all my "wealth" is virtual but what can i do about it :\