• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Main 2C-H Thread

fits the 3 long rule and its got the fat electron density that stuff is definatly a winner

DOF has 1/30th the affinity of DOC and 1/60th the affinity of DOI.

If the same holds true for 2C-F compared to the respective phenethylamines, it would require a whopping dose on the order of 1-2 grams.

2C-H has no appreciable affinity for the 5-HT2A receptor AFAIK.

2c-h

Did a search, apparently "2C-H" isn't on this forum at all ... I found that rather hard to believe, but that's what the search told me. If there is a thread somewhere, please feel free to point me in the right direction ... :)

Anyone know anything beyond what's mentioned in PiHKAL and Wikipedia?

Obviously even better would be anyone that's tried it ...

Found a lab selling it, but they're selling it with many other inactive chems, so I'm guessing it's most likely inactive?

Ta.

Fail.

Apparently the search function doesn't like dashes.

2C-H gives no results.

Neither does 2c-h

but 2ch gives plenty as does 2c h.

Odd.

Sorry for the needless thread. Feel free to close/delete I've found all I need now.

Apparently the corresponding bomamine (N-BOMe) is active, it must give the molecule sufficient length/bulk to allow interaction with 5HT2a to in some way compensate for the lack of anything on the 4 position.

I wonder now, just how much the interaction between 5HT2a and the 4-position of the aromatic ring in a 2C is significant.

It was said that 25H-NBOMe (the bomamine of 2C-H) felt like adrenergic poison (quoting Erny).
There is very little info available but the signals are not positive and neither do I expect the results to be from taking 2C-H with a MAO-B inhibitor like moclobemide.

That guy (zonk) is messing around with lesser or inactive PEA potentiation e.g. DMPEA and beta-PEA, possibly 2C-H in the future...
But I would say: don't get your hopes up with this approach (and with 2C-H other than as a precursor), although it is interesting to keep an eye on the results of those insisting to experiment with them.

With unknown territory there are those promising compounds people trust from induction and there are those things that sound scary and possibly risky and it's a matter of waiting for someone reckless enough to do it anyway. I wouldn't call it brave unless a strict approach was used which is hardly ever the case. I try not to be too appreciative of those willing to take the plunge because I don't like to encourage it.

It's basically guinneapigging but when you induce the result to be very tricky it's harder to condone it. Who knows, perhaps there is a significant difference between 2C-H + MAOI and NBOMe-2C-H.
but caution is advised and hope is low.

edit:
OK dug up the quote from Erny for you... it is taken from 'the' 25CN-NBOMe thread

I happen to know that the dose of this chemical is more like 1-2 mg. A more interesting fact about it is it's duration, 3 hours. That doesn't beat the 2 hours trip of the 2C-H-NBOMe weirdo, but the latter chemical feels like adrenergic poison, and for this reason I wouldn't advice anyone to buy it if someday it will make it's appearance on the rc market. Among those who had a chance to test it no one had found it to be pleasant. It is rather uneventful and boring in a weak dose and frightening in a strong one.

2C-CN-NBOMe, on the other hand, seem to be an interesting and pleasant chemical mostly devoid of physyological side-effects.

Last edited:
2c-h

I understand that it is inactive orally but is it possible it would be active if vaped, insufflated, plugged, or any other non-oral route? Or with an MAOI?

As far as I know, ROA shouldn't matter since amino oxidase will destroy it quickly, or so seems to be the agreement. MAOIs and PEAs are contraindicated generally. You would not want to risk having a hypertensive crisis or worse by messin' with such dangerous combos.

Merged a few threads together into a central one. I have not really spent time digging and researching but I haven't heard about anyone trying 2C-H with a MAOI yet... (I think theoretically a MAO-B-I is what would be best if it were true that 2C-H can be activated like DMT?)

If you piece together hints people are giving you can easily see how they are warnings against adverse reactions. The mentioned hypertensive crisis could be caused by adrenergic activity running wild or more generally speaking by dangerous sympathomimetic action (if I am getting that right). If I recollect Erny saying that the NBOMe analogue is uneventful at low doses and frightening or stressing at higher 'active' doses. Of course that is another compound but with MAOIs as part of the scheme it is notoriously tricky to inhibit metabolism without making your nervous system defenseless to an assault by the compound.

(Perhaps it is not relevant here but I found mushrooms & MAOIs to feel exactly like that: like I had no chance to stand up to it. Of course as a rule it is best to let yourself go during a trip but being forced to is sometimes called something like soul rape if it is overwhelmingly psychedelic/spiritual/entheogenic. With a stimulating compound disinhibition would go more into directions of terror, panic, in other words anxiety through the roof, hypertension, possible cardiovascular issues - a state that can easily lead to complications).

I don't wanna make anyone shit their pants without proof that this will happen, but I think these are reasons why perhaps even being careful wouldn't cut it but only meticulous very slow titration of doses... if that. The therapeutic index or dose-response curve might be that steep. So needless to add I recommend against the idea and the payoff just doesn't seem to be worth it, just looking at receptor affinities or lack thereof. Even in the unlikely event that you find a novel way of stimulant use, the dangers would still make it useless.
Hmmm what receptors does 2C-H interact with by the way, is that known?
Shulgin's psychedelic index is only of little help, directing me to this article: http://jpet.aspetjournals.org/content/321/3/1054.full

I think it doesn't say that 2C-H does absolutely zero to the serotonin receptor, for 5HT2C (not psychedelic) instead only one of two 'activation pathways' is triggered. But what is interesting is that 2C-N also triggers only one pathway namely the other one. So... if 2C-N and 2C-H are taken together in the right doses might one expect significant 5-HT2C effects? Or do the signal transduction pathways necessarily have to be triggered by the same compound... like for timing or something more sophisticated as my description?
Anyway I think the wrong thing would happen with the 5HT2C. It is associated with anxiety I think, and I really doubt that 2C-N + 2C-H will switch that to the right direction! So maybe 2C-N + 2C-H is actually very bad news.