• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

The Lyrica ( Pregabalin) Discussion Thread

Lyrica is a fantastic drug. I thoroughly enjoy the drunk, trippy feeling of it.

However, the real magic of Lyrica is the fact that it can almost make opiate withdrawals disappear completely.

I can be lying in bed feeling suicidal, sweating aching, etc and pop 600 mg of Lyrica and can go out playing an intense game of basketball with my friends - opiate withdrawals have been completely forgotten.

Be careful though, I once redosed on Lyrica and fell asleep at the wheel and crashed my car into some guy's hedge. Told the police a cat ran out in front of my car. As luck would have it, the guy who's hedge I crashed into had a cat who was a bit silly and frequently ran across the road. He was so grateful that I sacrificed my car rather than running over his cat. Told me not to worry about the hedge.

The policeman seemed satisfied with this conclusion. Probably saved him doing a bunch of paperwork. He still breath tested me though, but I don't drink and drive. I'm not an idiot.

I found Lyrica to be a bitter disappointment.

I found despite taking 300-600mg over 48 hours that it did little to mitigate my opiate induced sickness (aka "withdrawals"). On the two times I've used it to manage opiate withdrawal its been a nightmare. Firstly it made feel like I was drunk, beyond belief. Secondly at high doses i felt a touch of madness. My thoughts became random and difficult to arrange. Like my brain was a huge filing cabinet and someone was throwing all of the papers out onto the floor. I found myself in strange conversations and thought processes. I would also pass out. This was perhaps the only good thing about lyrica was its ability to induce sleep. Though it took a long time to do this and by no means compensated for the other problems.

The worst issue was that it made me extremely cold (when usually i'm bathed in rivers of sweat). I found myself wearing 3-4 thick layers, jackets, beanies, gloves and then covering myself in several blankets and running the electric blanket. It would be moving around trying use friction to warm myself, to no avail. And then at least once an hour of intense coldness I would have to throw all my clothes off as I would get the traditional opiate induced sweats. And it made me so tired. Like i was an old man. Worse after all that I could definitely feel the pain and agony of the opiate induced sickness, but in a weird I'm twenty thousand leagues under the ocean sort of way.

There is some material that suggests pregabalin interacts with TLR4, moderating the production of proinflammatory cytokines which are responsible for the pain and agony that you experience after your last dose of opiates. This mechanism is, along with its interaction with GABA receptors, is more then likely the explanation for its supposed ability to treat opiate withdrawals.

However I think there are various factors that one has to consider, like

- your daily opiate dose (and what the opiate it is). Something like 60% of morphine is converted into M3G which is what binds to TLR4 causing the production of proinflammatory cytokines.
- what sort of opiate your using. Not all opiates, and synthetics work in the sameway.
- your life style, diet and metabolism.

For some people, like me, i think i would need to take pregabalin (lyrica) for at least 5-10 days before my last shot. But dosing lyrica for two weeks risks pregabalin induced sickness (aka "withdrawals"). So i think its a double edged sword and it should be used in combination with other agents like clonidine, other GAGA agonists like valium and a long steady taper.

Last edited:
I have been prescribed pregabalin 150mg for around a year now. i really like it but i am taking shitloads its only lasting a day. when i take it i feel so mellow and i can talk the ears off a donkey. now i got my prescription yesterday. 56 pills 150mg. i took them all alreadyin about 30 hrs, been popping thhem all night. im kinda scared to go to sleep incase i dont wake up. im a bit paranoid about that.

cheers guys im new here i dont know much but i look forward to reading all your experiances

oh asboman

come on man...you ate your entire script in 30 hours. I imagine it was meant to last a month right? Of course overdoses on Lyrica is a danger.

What happens when you run out. do you get sick?