The Lounge now a hidden subforum

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have yet to join, I have a crisis going on in the dream… Seems like TL is mostly on this thread anyways… so I still get a feel. :)

it's back to normal. everyone is carrying on about their business. like i predicted.

Since the Lounge will no longer have a stream of new users to feed the fires(nobody will even know it's there), it'll basically just be the same group of people talking to each other every day until they gradually lose interest and the subforum simply withers away.

Clever way to kill the Lounge without actually deleting it outright.

Since the Lounge will no longer have a stream of new users to feed the fires(nobody will even know it's there), it'll basically just be the same group of people talking to each other every day until they gradually lose interest and the subforum simply withers away.

Clever way to kill the Lounge without actually deleting it outright.
Has this still not been addressed by mods?
?

I think that's the whole point. There'd be too much of an uproar if they deleted the Lounge outright(people trolling focus forums, etc.), so they simply cut off its oxygen so it suffocates and dies on its own.

If they really wanted to "preserve the tradition" of the subforum they would have kept it visible while still restricting access to non-approved members. That at least makes people aware of its existence and allows them to apply for access. As it stands now the only evidence the Lounge even existed is this thread.

That's really kinda gay if you think about it.. Tbh kinda pisses me off; some BOS with a bl tiara gets butthurt and makes everyone else suffer.
flipping-the-bird.gif

If they really wanted to "preserve the tradition" of the subforum they would have kept it visible while still restricting access to non-approved members. That at least makes people aware of its existence and allows them to apply for access. As it stands now the only evidence the Lounge even existed is this thread.

accusations of motive aside, i think this^ is a good solution that would work for everyone.

I personally believe having a BL social forum where drug talk is discouraged is in the interest of harm reduction, bitch.

I personally believe having a BL social forum where drug talk is discouraged is in the interest of harm reduction, bitch.

Anyone that doesn't see the value of the Lounge or the importance it plays in some members' lives doesn't understand its user base. There are a lot of people who don't have the greatest lot in life for one reason or another. People that don't have family, friends, someone they can talk to, confide in, joke around with, get to know, trust, etc. Those types of relationships are important for every person's psychological well-being. There's nothing more detrimental to one's mental health than truly feeling alone over long periods of one's life, especially when drugs are involved.

The Lounge has contributed to the Harm Reduction goal of this site for years, regardless of whether or not the powers that be choose to acknowledge that.

I concur. I am a disillusioned sociopath with an anomalistic psychological profile that is extremely volatile, perpetuated by my personal history as well as the present-day. TL is a coping mechanism for me to deal with this arbitrary existence. The only things keeping me from vehemently unleashing my vitriolic fervor for civilization upon mankind are entheogens and participating in the somewhat unfiltered Lounge to pacify these thoughts, even by expressing them...or engaging in other abstract discussions.

All poll request will be denied by Bluelight Administration.

I've personally been told from Administration that the Bluelight is not a democracy & Bluelighter's do not have voting rights.

I requested to run a poll for The Taco Forum

The Taco Forum
would be a forum for non-VIP's without a membership to The Lounge. Members of The Lounge would NOT be able to access The Taco Forum, including moderators.

Request was denied in a matter of minutes.

There is so much conjecture and misinformation in this thread that I can't even begin to address all of it. Instead, I'll paste what I just wrote to the mods and supermods on the topic. I hope it clears a few things up:

I don't want the Lounge killed. If we decided it was in the best interest of Bluelight for The Lounge to die, it would be dead without any pussyfooting around. In fact, whenever the idea is brought up in private discussion the owners and the admin staff all agree that The Lounge is an important part of the site despite its idiosyncrasies.

Historically, TL has been a special place where people can post socially and joke around in a forum where drugs aren't being discussed. That's been very important to people who wanted to stay connected to friends but also want to distance themselves from substance, and for those who just grew out of their "drug phase." We want this to continue.

We take full responsibility for the fact that the changes made to the lounge were done prematurely and without sufficient transparency to those affected. This wasn’t on purpose, but an oversight. Due to the holidays, most of us weren’t aware that the changes had been made. Now that we are, we are committed to fixing things and would like to engage the TL mods to find the best solution -- a permanent solution that fixes all issues related to the lounge, permanently.

That all said, I am in complete agreement with those who feel the use of racist and homophobic slurs has become unacceptable. Really, I'm shocked that Bluelighters actually want to use those types of epithets at all. At the end of the day, such inflammatory and unenlightened language does hurt people, whether it is the intention of the post or not, and it's not somehow intrinsic or essential to the culture of the lounge. If this truly bothers some of you, I don't know what to say. I'd rather have you be a wee bit upset than have to explain to our gay or ethnic members that "it's just who we are," because it isn't who we are. We can fuck around all we want, and I enjoy dumb and immature humor more than most, but we need to hold ourselves to a bare minimum standard that at least tells people "despite all the joking, we're a progressive community that doesn't discriminate against people based on their sexual orientation, race or color."

It's New Year's Eve today, so I would ask that you all please be patient and we will do our best to remedy the situation as soon as possible. Lounge mods, if you'd like to talk to me directly, I welcome you to PM me directly and we can set up a time to chat online or talk live. I'd love to get to know you and I think you'll find I'm easy to talk to, understanding and accommodating of your perspectives.

I'd ask all of you to please take it upon yourselves to be civil and reach out to me if you feel you have constructive criticism or ideas that will help us move forward. I'm committed to hearing everyone out and working with whomever wants to be involved including but not limited to the TL mods. Thanks in advance for understanding that not everyone is available atm due to the holidays but that we'll do our best to sort things out to everyone's satisfaction as soon as we can.

Happy New Year,

SG

Thanks for your words SG. I think there are more than a few "lounge rats" that would be happy to throw in their two cents. I know there has been much input recently (mixed in with a lot of shit) as to how to make the lounge a good part of the BL community. I think it is imperative that you seek out their input.

Anyone that doesn't see the value of the Lounge or the importance it plays in some members' lives doesn't understand its user base. There are a lot of people who don't have the greatest lot in life for one reason or another. People that don't have family, friends, someone they can talk to, confide in, joke around with, get to know, trust, etc. Those types of relationships are important for every person's psychological well-being. There's nothing more detrimental to one's mental health than truly feeling alone over long periods of one's life, especially when drugs are involved.

The Lounge has contributed to the Harm Reduction goal of this site for years, regardless of whether or not the powers that be choose to acknowledge that.

Thank you for your well articulated arguments for why the lounge is a valuable part of the BL community.

So many nights I have come home from a party feeling alone and worthless. The lounge is where I feel like I have friends, and a place where I can feel like a human.

Last edited:
Lol wow admins admitting wrong doing. Something smells a little funny in here and it's prob a trap. So who accidentally made the mistake? I feel he should be put on a public pedestal to be laughed at, humiliated, and taunted with jeers till he crumbles back into the nothingness he is.

Spits on the floor.

Status
Not open for further replies.