the lounge discussion v. september 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
harm reduction comes with acceptance of the initial degenerate junkie lifestyle and improvement step by step. come on now, really, this is HR 101, not everyone is in your, or my, rather enviable socioeconomic station. meet people where they are. that's HR. if you don't get that you've strayed pretty far from our core purpose and values as a site

Long story short waao ruined the lounge by deplorably ripping on john to get under kyts skin. I can't help but speculate that john may of been one of the few reasons the lounge hung on as long as it did. I won't get into our private convos but this made sense to me.
And yeah SKL I found you are waaaaayy to the right of me, after reading some of your rather well written content in ce&p, I'll admit.

So my thought process is to have w/e the new lounge here is as a place where old posters returning from a break can be directed toward the reddit page. I feel like it's a win-win. Reddit is such an easy platform and follows its own rules so we can take our shit posting over there without muddying up the main site. If all the core posters get used to it I know they will come to love reddit like I have. Just now I am reading about Clemson banning Harambe memes and the ADL declaring Pepe a hate symbol lololol

I ask you to read this one post everyone and not say something like TLDR or at least keep it to yourself. I have some things to say and I am from a land of fast talkers yet irl a man of few words.

I have few friends irl just like mike said and honestly I think people overestimate how many friends they truly have until they hit hard times. I know plenty of people but I care about for few and prefer people on here more because they are better people and that is the vast majority of people on this site. It is not escapism in that sense but the lounge is and well those of us that go out and work and face diffculties as we strive to live and persevere there is no room for hate.

Bitterness and shots below the belt are what clogs up the gears that run this miracle of a gathering of fine, hearty stock that we are so can we stop holding against people silly things like what they do for work, not try to rip people to shreds and like it says in the rules if you say something cruel maybe just send a text saying that it was all for the lulz, the lulz and the love yo.

I never meant to take things so serious myself but I suppose I get made when someone makes fun of someone for trying to make a better life for themselves, like it matters where you go to school or what you do for work. I think politics with the current state of America is not a topic that should be taken seriously, we all want things to be better in the world and there are polictal sub forums.

There is no room for bullies if you want any aspect of PLUR and there should be a way for people to squash things for good and rejecting an apology is fine but if you do not accept an apology leave the person alone.

Can we have a bit of PLUR applied, not take things so seriously and stop the politics and class warfare.

The problem is we got people taking shots way below the belt and well if there was respect, there would be peace, if there was peace there would be love, and with love cums unity.

So if you want a serious drop in shit posts we need to start by respecting one another. This website is an incredible thing and this is a plea from my heart here and I have grown fond of this place and I want to help fix it, even if it meant my exile cuz I know how much this place means to some people including myself.

I like to come in here read some jokes, make some of my own, and forget about the daily grind, I would follow just about any reasonable policy for that to be back.

So yeah I sunk down to other people's level but I hold myself accountable. I suppose when you take shots at people from coming from working class roots, it pisses me off cuz it sure is nothing to be ashamed of.

Problems in society are rather universal and human nature is rather dual at the primal level. We need to treat each other better if we want a good place.

As soon as politics, classcism, and racism make their way into a house party there is a fight and we don't need that as this was supposed to be the social area without that crap.

So I nominate something along the lines of returning to the old skool as in "niggas be rolling and acting gay" and for us to stop taking ourselves so serious in the place where it is supposed to be lulz and support because 90% of us are drug users and that is a rare struggle and we should be united by that alone.

We should be united just for the love and the support we get from one another. If we fuck up the lounge again it won't be the same and it is broken and I am glad it is being reassessed before matters got worse.

So I want to be a better person here, who is with that? Can we learn to respect, care, joke, in a peaceful matter and we would have unity back without roll? lol.

Last edited:
The day you start collating KPR for the Shrine and accept that current HR policies are not working is the day Bluelight will become legitimate. Until then it is simply a front to allow druggies to talk about drugs without attracting the attention of the authorities.

Why the fuck would I want to legitimise junky lifestyle? How is this harm reduction?

Okay, on a more serious note (wait my phr comment was very serious, please don't think otherwise)... I have always agreed with Busty on this sentiment. Some of the staff are trying to claim that bluelight is meant to be a serious harm reduction site and places like the lounge give the wrong picture of the site's mission; however, there is a large amount of evidence throughout this website that really gives the "wrong picture". I remember how I got banned in the past for making a thread about why do we mourn the death of members, but then we still continue to do the same shit? I understand that I went about that the wrong way and I greatly regret doing that.... that doesn't change the fact that I still question that though. What happened to trying to further make a change and find more effective ways of promoting harm reduction? Allowing people to brag about how many drugs they do, or allow drug meet up threads does not help bluelight's mission statement. Yet, nobody will admit to that and they want to blame places like the lounge for giving a false image of the site. That does not make any logical sense to me.

harm reduction comes with acceptance of the initial degenerate junkie lifestyle and improvement step by step. come on now, really, this is HR 101, not everyone is in your, or my, rather enviable socioeconomic station. meet people where they are. that's HR. if you don't get that you've strayed pretty far from our core purpose and values as a site
I agree we need to accept the initial degenerate lifestyle (that many of us have partaken in); however, it has greatly went way beyond that in some areas and to deny that would be ignorant.

Nobody will be ruining this for him I can give you my solemn word. However real change is coming I can guarantee you that. We will not however be without a social outlet and an informal one, one in which our rather unique user population can gather together and shoot the shit.

Again don't risk your presence here on your simple outrage at whatever is going on right now. Give yourself some time to evaluate the changes when they actually happen. They may not be as bad as you think.

It almost sounds like there'll be a new subforum, one with on topic posts and general social chat, and another for jackassery and useless post-whoring in 'the play pen'.

Its like Christmas Eve in September
iwSfmWA.jpg

just don't take my precious posts away​

Spoken like someone who has a drug problem. HR 101 is Don't get Addicted, I'm sorry you were playing hookie that day

It almost sounds like there'll be a new subforum, one with on topic posts and general social chat, and another for jackassery and useless post-whoring in 'the play pen'.

Its like Christmas Eve in September
iwSfmWA.jpg

just don't take my precious posts away​
Says the loser with literally thousands of posts. What do you spend night and day here?

:)

^ well, i'm at work right now, i'm watching the lion king on one of my monitors, bluelighting on another, and working on another. Cut it out with the loser talk, I dedicate my time to scrapbooking/journaling on bluelight. The other people are a bonus. And I like it here, got a problem with that?

Sometimes we need to remind ourselves of the 'harm reduction rainbow'
1Vnh0az.jpg

Damn SKL did you just call them "the blacks"?

Let the LGBT commmunity decide what offends them.
It doesnt offend me - your neighborhood homo

Long story short waao ruined the lounge by deplorably ripping on john to get under kyts skin. I can't help but speculate that john may of been one of the few reasons the lounge hung on as long as it did. I won't get into our private convos but this made sense to me.
And yeah SKL I found you are waaaaayy to the right of me, after reading some of your rather well written content in ce&p, I'll admit.

So my thought process is to have w/e the new lounge here is as a place where old posters returning from a break can be directed toward the reddit page. I feel like it's a win-win. Reddit is such an easy platform and follows its own rules so we can take our shit posting over there without muddying up the main site. If all the core posters get used to it I know they will come to love reddit like I have. Just now I am reading about Clemson banning Harambe memes and the ADL declaring Pepe a hate symbol lololol

[OFFENSIVE CONTENT ABOUT DECEASED BLUELIGHTERS]

Lol I read you're post
After I typed mine

I did not tab you as such a dramatic gossip bitch boy
Oh well

Last edited by a moderator:
I ask you to read this one post everyone and not say something like TLDR or at least keep it to yourself. I have some things to say and I am from a land of fast talkers yet irl a man of few words.

I have few friends irl just like mike said and honestly I think people overestimate how many friends they truly have until they hit hard times. I know plenty of people but I care about for few and prefer people on here more because they are better people and that is the vast majority of people on this site. It is not escapism in that sense but the lounge is and well those of us that go out and work and face diffculties as we strive to live and persevere there is no room for hate.

Bitterness and shots below the belt are what clogs up the gears that run this miracle of a gathering of fine, hearty stock that we are so can we stop holding against people silly things like what they do for work, not try to rip people to shreds and like it says in the rules if you say something cruel maybe just send a text saying that it was all for the lulz, the lulz and the love yo.

I never meant to take things so serious myself but I suppose I get made when someone makes fun of someone for trying to make a better life for themselves, like it matters where you go to school or what you do for work. I think politics with the current state of America is not a topic that should be taken seriously, we all want things to be better in the world and there are polictal sub forums.

There is no room for bullies if you want any aspect of PLUR and there should be a way for people to squash things for good and rejecting an apology is fine but if you do not accept an apology leave the person alone.

Can we have a bit of PLUR applied, not take things so seriously and stop the politics and class warfare.

The problem is we got people taking shots way below the belt and well if there was respect, there would be peace, if there was peace there would be love, and with love cums unity.

So if you want a serious drop in shit posts we need to start by respecting one another. This website is an incredible thing and this is a plea from my heart here and I have grown fond of this place and I want to help fix it, even if it meant my exile cuz I know how much this place means to some people including myself.

I like to come in here read some jokes, make some of my own, and forget about the daily grind, I would follow just about any reasonable policy for that to be back.

So yeah I sunk down to other people's level but I hold myself accountable. I suppose when you take shots at people from coming from working class roots, it pisses me off cuz it sure is nothing to be ashamed of.

Problems in society are rather universal and human nature is rather dual at the primal level. We need to treat each other better if we want a good place.

As soon as politics, classcism, and racism make their way into a house party there is a fight and we don't need that as this was supposed to be the social area without that crap.

So I nominate something along the lines of returning to the old skool as in "niggas be rolling and acting gay" and for us to stop taking ourselves so serious in the place where it is supposed to be lulz and support because 90% of us are drug users and that is a rare struggle and we should be united by that alone.

We should be united just for the love and the support we get from one another. If we fuck up the lounge again it won't be the same and it is broken and I am glad it is being reassessed before matters got worse.

So I want to be a better person here, who is with that? Can we learn to respect, care, joke, in a peaceful matter and we would have unity back without roll? lol.

word. this place is almost therapeutic.

[OFFENSIVE CONTENT ABOUT DECEASED BLUELIGHTERS]

But the guy just died man.
And you said it with malicious intent to someone that cares deeply for said person
Not saying The Lounge should be closed for it but how about some empathy

Are you implying the dated and racist concept of the One-drop rule? Thats racist man, stayfaded is half white like the president.

Actually I was throwing her absolutely pathetic excuse for content right back in her face. But this isnt the thread for that, and I removed my comment to continue trying to have a real conversation here.

Hey, those white boys hang with me. BIG DIFFERENCE, get it right.

I tried to make a pun at a meeting last week, but it ended up being unintentionally racist. We all had a laugh though and no one was offended.
Actually I was throwing her absolutely pathetic excuse for content right back in her face. But this isnt the thread for that, and I removed my comment to continue trying to have a real conversation here.

I should probably delete my posts, as they aren't adding to this thread, and ending up being another place for the loungers to chat. It's like an addiction man, its hard to refrain when the going is just so good.

Status
Not open for further replies.