• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Treatment The liver is the most forgiving organ

Boku_

Bluelighter
The liver can repair it's self yes?? so I hear. Provided of course you are healthy and not hep C postive. And you stop heavy drinking to give yourself half a chance.

I only drink maybe 3-4 glasses of wine a week ( mostly a glass of wine with a benzo to aid sleep after using meth) but I smoke a fair bit of meth.

How bad is meth for your liver?

How bad are anti psychotics medication for your liver?

I was a alcoholic Amphetamine user between 2002-2012 and was hep C postive for 6 of those years

Yes I was stupid to drink and I was told that could have been enough to condemn me to a early grave but my liver function tests are good now and have been since I cleared hep C in late 2007.

BUT I had a ultrasound back in 2016 & 2018 and I was told my liver is a bit fatty. Not really bad so I was told anyway but still there was signs of damage.

How worried should I be?

For fatty liver, it's not that bad at all. Especially if your liver enzymes were within normal range, it's mainly good to know you have the start of NAFLD/FLD so you can start treating your liver better before it develops into something serious, like cirrhosis.

Some fatty deposits, as you mentioned, isn't even considered liver damage. Were there other signs of damage besides the fat depsoits?

Exercise and diet is what helps stop the progression of those fat deposits, and can even reverse it before you progress through NAFLD/FLD.

That's the problem I'm overweight.

What's NAFLD/FLD stand for?