Votes: 1 14.3%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/4stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/5stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

PureLife

Bluelighter
Yes, another remake. This one is Wes Cravens "The Last House on the Left". The original is from 1972 and I thoroughly enjoyed it. When it was released to other countries it was heavily cut due to its documentary like rape scenes and murder. I HIGHLY doubt the 2009 version will live up to the original. If it does, kickass. Heres a trailor and the plot from the 1972 version, I don't know how well the 2009 version will follow.

"After kidnapping and butchering two teenagers, a gang of rapists and murderers unknowingly seeks refuge with the parents of one of the victims." -IMBD

Here is a trailer for the 2009 version

Last House on the Left trailer

Has anyone seen the original or is planning to see the 2009 version?

Honestly, the 2009 film by the looks of the trailer, looks like a teen slasher movie. 2009 version comes out in feb. or march.

Last edited by a moderator:
this will only be good if they play it true to the original and include graphic rape scenes, the scene where the girl is forced to piss herself and the scene where the mother bites the dudes dick off.

especially the dick biting scene. that one is a MUST.

^ Getting a blowjob was never the same after this movie. Everytime it happens, I can't help but think they're going to just, well, bite it off.

I really don't think the 2009 version is going to have brutal rape scenes and girls being forced to pee themselves. When a film hits mainstream theaters, it's about ratings the majority of the time. I think the 2009 version will be loosely based off the original, with their own spin on things.

The original disturbed me. I don't do well with rape and humiliation scenes I guess.

this will only be good if they play it true to the original and include graphic rape scenes, the scene where the girl is forced to piss herself and the scene where the mother bites the dudes dick off.

especially the dick biting scene. that one is a MUST.

you know damned well that won't happen, at most they'll imply it. Both in regards to sex and violence, things were a fuckton more graphic than the MPAA or major studios will allow nowadays, unless you're indie or want a straight to dvd release :\ Movies like this and I Spit on Your Grave, simply can't be made today.

I am so sick of horror remakes from the 70s and 80s. They have completely lost all original thought. The original LHOTL, while not perfect by any means, was dark and gritty. Almost like a grindhouse film. This, like all of the other remakes, looks all polished and shiny. The only remake that I actually liked was The Hills Have Eyes, also a Wes Craven film.

Will I go see this. Maybe. Depends on how well it is received. Do I give a shit one way or the other? No. Fucks no.

just saw this...it's messed up, because the scenes where people are killed, are more graphic than the original...but they cut out the scenes that made the original so controversial.

i guess i was just hoping that if someone bothered to re-make this movie, they'd have the balls to keep the most notable scenes.
i mean...why bother to make such a graphic rape scene, if you aren't going to include the scene where the guy gets his dick bit off???

I am so sick of horror remakes from the 70s and 80s. They have completely lost all original thought. The original LHOTL, while not perfect by any means, was dark and gritty. Almost like a grindhouse film. This, like all of the other remakes, looks all polished and shiny. The only remake that I actually liked was The Hills Have Eyes, also a Wes Craven film.

Will I go see this. Maybe. Depends on how well it is received. Do I give a shit one way or the other? No. Fucks no.

Well said, Frankie Baby©. :)

Personally, I too am sick to the back teeth of remakes or any kind, not just horror. Occasionally the odd decent-ish one will slip through the net (The Hills Have Eyes being one of them), but the majority lack any kind of imagination. In my opinion, I think a film is only worth remaking if you truly believe there's room for improvement on the original. But Hollywood has totally jumped on the remake bandwagon and run too far with it now. Anything to make a quick buck. :|

I thought this remake was very well done. I was a fan of the original, and I think this remake did it justice. It's brutal and unrelenting just like it should be. I even liked the little twists they threw in towards the end. Solid remake imo. 4/5

didn't care for it too much, the rape scene was a bit much to me.

^ yeah, i watched the unrated version and the rape scene seemed about 30 seconds longer than the theatre version. that being said, i don't think it was worse than irreversable or descent. and def not I Spit On Your Grave. i thought the fact that they shot her like an animal or worse was pretty bad tho...that girl that played Sadie was awesome right?

lasthouseontheleftremake.jpg