• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The Kratom Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Opioid- a drug that binds to the opioid receptors.
Opiate- a drug that is biosynthesised by Papaver somniferum.

So, not an opiate, an opioid. "Opiate" is often stretched to include drugs with a morphine-like backbone (heroin etc), but by any definition, kratom is not (neither is methadone fwiw).

It's taken me awhile to enjoy Kratom. For those that haven't gotten results, keep trying. I'm a huge fan now.
IME it's great stuff not only for coming off opiates, but for coming off *any* substance, as a way to chill and keep your mood up without being "high" (i.e. shooting for getting wasted, instead of feeling good while you're coming off something else). Almost a sort of miracle drug in this regard, IMO.

The only problem I've found is that it can interfere a bit with sleep, due to its stimulating qualities. Better that than feeling empty, depressed, nervous & craving something else. Best "after-cocaine" imbibement I've ever found, bar none. Prevents depression and aids recovery after a stimulant binge. Helps with opiate withdrawals. Probably would help after MDMA, too. The stuff, she is awesome.

P.S. is kratom addictive in/of itself? My experience -- "yes, with difficulty". You can get addicted to kratom if you try really hard (use it heavily, for long periods). Otherwise, no. The effects are self-limiting and you'll feel really damn sick before you get "wasted" on it, IME.

Last edited:
IME it's great stuff not only for coming off opiates, but for coming off *any* substance, as a way to chill and keep your mood up without being "high" (i.e. shooting for getting wasted, instead of feeling good while you're coming off something else). Almost a sort of miracle drug in this regard, IMO.

The only problem I've found is that it can interfere a bit with sleep, due to its stimulating qualities. Better that than feeling empty, depressed, nervous & craving something else. Best "after-cocaine" imbibement I've ever found, bar none. Prevents depression and aids recovery after a stimulant binge. Helps with opiate withdrawals. Probably would help after MDMA, too. The stuff, she is awesome.

P.S. is kratom addictive in/of itself? My experience -- "yes, with difficulty". You can get addicted to kratom if you try really hard (use it heavily, for long periods). Otherwise, no. The effects are self-limiting and you'll feel really damn sick before you get "wasted" on it, IME.

Well said. My thoughts exactly. Kratom itself doesn't seem to make me feel very high, but take a hit or two of cannabis about an hour after consumption and whoooosh into fantasticland. %) The synergy is like no other. Not unlike a mid-low dose of MDMA.

Unfortunately I have been using it quite often and now have a bit of a habit. However I just forced myself to take a week off, and it wasn't hard at all!

Had 8g yesterday though, first time in 7 days, as a reward for myself, and damn was I rewarded. :)

The effects are self-limiting and you'll feel really damn sick before you get "wasted" on it, IME.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. I learned the hard way that you can't just keep taking more and get higher like traditional opiates. It's a great drug for an addict like me who has problems with self control:\

I just got some kratom based on this thread (I'm an opiate user out of my DOC at the moment) and it feels pretty good, I gotta say. Definitely parachute it though - I tried mixing it with OJ and that shit would not mix and I ended up choking down a bunch of awful tasting powder. Bleh.

Can I recommend people invest in a draw string tea bag for kratom powder usage? It really does pay for itself.

Basically, a few spoons of kratom powder in the tea bag, hit with boiling water and wait with the tea bag inside, squeezing gently with the spoon, until the water turns black.

Then, drink down your particle free Kratom juice! Must admit, these tea bags also work with other plant material. Like poppy leafs for instance. For making a mild brew of poppy tea. Mmm. Summer's almost here, and so is July, my favourite time to be in the garden!

^ I use muslin drawstring bags with making tea or extract. You can get them in different sizes, they work well, and are reusable.

I overdid the kratom a bit today, and noticed for the first time what it is about it that makes me sick... my eyes have lost the ability to stay focused and "wiggle" when I look at stuff... so it's a sort of seasickness. Went and picked up some dramamine, and will report on whether it helps or not (no serious nausea yet). It's probably gonna make me very drowsy in combination with the kratom, but better that than ugly nausea.

Yeah eye wiggles are a common complaint on kratom. I find it with other opioids as well but kratom definitely takes the cake. I don't find it relates to the nausea but I can understand how it makes it worse for some people.

I suspect most problems associated with overdoing kratom are histaminic (itching, nausea, etc) and also suspect dramamine or diphenhydramine would be a good treatment. Aside from the drowsiness, which probably potentiates the kratom... so peeps should be careful with this combination.

Last edited:
I overdid the kratom a bit today, and noticed for the first time what it is about it that makes me sick... my eyes have lost the ability to stay focused and "wiggle" when I look at stuff... so it's a sort of seasickness. Went and picked up some dramamine, and will report on whether it helps or not (no serious nausea yet). It's probably gonna make me very drowsy in combination with the kratom, but better that than ugly nausea.

You sir have experienced your first high-dose kratom experience. This is the sedating level where in order to fully enjoy this, you should sit or lay down, chill out with some cannabis, listen to music, and enjoy the waves of euphoria. I find that with a dosage such as this, if I'm walking around doing things I get extremely nauseous, usually throw up, and end up not being able to enjoy it because I'm getting too strong of effects for being active. However, if I drink a little water, lay down, smoke some weed, everything becomes awesome. I also find it to be mildly psychedelic at this level, in a sense where your body is sedated but your mind is racing, surfing, spinning and euphoric. The CEV's aren't half bad either!

Keep a bucket with you though, because there's still a good chance you're going to puke. :p

No, it wasn't my first... just the first in a long time. Think I'm gonna be OK with this dramamine, I really think the stuff just gets too histaminic in higher doses... as the itchiness seems to indicate. Bit of a runny nose as well, which also seems to indicate too much histamine release. It's a sort of allergic reaction, and an antihistamine should help.

Last edited:
I just made some Resin not but an hour ago. I took a hunk, about quarter/half gram, and smoked it off some tin-foil. The consistency and way it smoke was very similar to black tar heroin. The initial taste was exactly the same, but changed with the second hit.

Made me feel a bit gross and space headed. Didn't really want to even finish of the chunk I had started.

Uncertain if my body just doesn't like the smoke or if it was just the way it is to smoke resin.

Just took my first dose of UEI yesterday after a full week off. I was stumbling around like a drunkard and couldn't keep my eyes open. Finally I resorted to just laying down and riding the waves of euphoria like a glee ridden surfer. Gawd I love this stuff.

I use kratom to keep "well" when my hydrocodones run out as I had never been crazy impressed with it. This week I tried Pimps Thai instead of my normal Bali and I felt more than a little euphoric. I feltl stimulated and sedated at the same time...almost stoned feeling. I think I am changing my mind on kratom from here on out. I will have to see how much it messes with my tolerance levels.

^Thai strains are pretty good. If you like the stimulating types, nothing quite compares to Maeng Da though!

Edit- "Pimp's kratom" = Maeng Da, apparently...)

Last edited:
Im in Godamn withdrawals again, praying for a delivery tomorrow.

I hope your package arrived. This is part of the reason I need to quit kratom, I cannot use it recreationally, have been addicted for a year - can't afford to be in withdrawals with the work I have to do. And the panic when the package doesn't arrive, or when the vendor goes out of stock. etc etc etc - the stuff is controlling me, not the other way round :(

I love kratom too much - it's the last of my addictions, really, a lot more details in my blog but I need kratom out of my life - I've kicked booze, cigarettes, codeine and oxycodone, and enjoyed clean times, but you know how it goes with these things, just when you think you're out of the shit.

Good luck man, I hope you're feeling ok right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.