• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The Kratom (Mega)Thread v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
^lol and correct prices are not allowed (although very general discussion of prices can me kind of murky territory from what I've seen)

yea, the way people label their product can be a lot of bullshit

these days I'd muuuuch take a tincture or near pure 7-ho alkaloid that is lab certified than anything shady from the net. Not saying there aren't good kratom vendors out there (there are), but this is not the place to discuss such.

the point again being, what a vendor labels their product, unless you know for a fact the specific vendor is trustworthy and have used them before (or are like one degree away from someone else you trust who has used them), it's up to them. maybe not 99% of the time, but with something as "widespread" as kratom a good 75% of the way their product is often labeled will be bs/advertising/marketing (/a way for them to charge more for what is essentially the same thing).

i am just going to say not all kratom is created equal.. it's not all just naming unpotent things more potent but any RED vein variety is greatly stronger than green.. that's all i have to say on this matter.
i haven't used kratom forever so things could have changed tho.

Here dudes. This academic study lists the average strengths for most common online brands of kratom (resins, refined plants, regional, gold, etc) with raw plant material used for comparison.

http://www.springerlink.com/content/y81p24x5u1x00962/

Simultaneous analysis of mitragynine, 7-hydroxymitragynine, and other alkaloids in the psychotropic plant “kratom” (Mitragyna speciosa) by LC-ESI-MS

Ruri Kikura-Hanajiri, Maiko Kawamura, Takuro Maruyama, Mariko Kitajima, Hiromitsu Takayama and Yukihiro Goda

Whats the best way to use JWH?

Well lets first go through the methods.....I will list them in my favorite order

Eating JWH
Mixing JWH with alcohol or oil then eating/drinking
Smoking JWH mixed with herbs for smoking
Snorting JWH
Smoking pure JWH

Eating the chemical is probably the safest way because there is no harmful smoke. It also is the longest lasting way to use JWH. If you smoke it sometimes the effects are only about an hour long on average. Try 8 hours with oral consumption.

Mixing it with oil or alcohol makes it hit you faster, but its too much work for me.

Smoking it with damiana or marshmallow leaf makes it seem like weed which is why i liked it on probation.

Snorting JWH doesn't make it hit you faster so its a waste!

Smoking pure JWH is probably very effective, but it seems like a baser move to me so I have never done it!

Last edited by a moderator:
thinking aabout using kratom to supplement opioid therapy as I don't feel like asking the doctor for an increase in dose even though it has been awhile.

I have read some stories about people getting kratom and comparing it to oxycodone or one of the speedier opiates.

I also have read some stories about people getting kratome that was rather sedating comparable to morphine/opiate that produces more of a sedative effect.

What strain produces what effects? I know I should ask more questions but I really don't know what else to ask.

If someone could give me a crash course on kratom it would be greatly appreciated. I know If I am going to order some I need to order soon or it won't arrive in time to help me out. <==== THIS is the only reason I do not do the research myself.

If I had the knowledge and somebody asked this question I would gladly give them some info to get them started (if you don't believe me alot of my posts are aimed at helping others.)

Thanks to anyone who takes the time to respond to me... If you want to take this to PM that is fine too as I have other questions also.

EDIT* damnit I just edited the shit out of this post hit some button and lost all the changes... I don't have time to make them all again but I definitely want to say that I am NOT trying to source or get price information I just want to know what to expect from what.
I am heading over to erowid now to see what I can figure out.

Last edited:
Bali, specifically "Red Vein Borneo" (a type of Bali) would be great for your purposes, at 8-10 grams a dose. This will be equivalent to 30-37.5mg hydrocodone, which is nothing to scoff at, especially considering that you are supplementing your opioids with Kratom.

We can't help you source it, but I recommend you to buy it from wholesalers, even if you are purchasing from overseas.

Just a cautionary tale about Kratom and Alcohol mix...

The first time I mixed Alcohol and Kratom I drank about 4 glasses of wine between 10-11 a.m. (Yes, I do have alcoholic tenancies. lol.) Later that night around 5 p.m. I took 8 grams of Bali premium powder. I was surprised that I was feeling the euphoric feelings because i had been taking it too often and was not longer feeling them.

About two days later I drank 4 glasses of wine but this time I took 8 grams (my usual dose) only an hour after I drank. Bad idea. About an hour later my hands stared shaking and my heart was pounding. I read that this was a side effect of taking too muck Kratom. It really sucked! I vomited and laid down and listen to some chill music and waited for it to pass. Definitely don't wanna feel that again.

So I guess the moral of the story is, if you combine Alcohol and Kratom, don't drink to much Alcohol or take less Kratom??? Would you agree. Anyone else have any experience with the combination?

^I would say drink LESS alcohol when taking kratom. I know what you mean though. Combining the two without adjustment is DIS-gust-ing.

thinking aabout using kratom to supplement opioid therapy as I don't feel like asking the doctor for an increase in dose even though it has been awhile.

I have read some stories about people getting kratom and comparing it to oxycodone or one of the speedier opiates.

I also have read some stories about people getting kratome that was rather sedating comparable to morphine/opiate that produces more of a sedative effect.

What strain produces what effects? I know I should ask more questions but I really don't know what else to ask.

If someone could give me a crash course on kratom it would be greatly appreciated. I know If I am going to order some I need to order soon or it won't arrive in time to help me out. <==== THIS is the only reason I do not do the research myself.

If I had the knowledge and somebody asked this question I would gladly give them some info to get them started (if you don't believe me alot of my posts are aimed at helping others.)

Thanks to anyone who takes the time to respond to me... If you want to take this to PM that is fine too as I have other questions also.

EDIT* damnit I just edited the shit out of this post hit some button and lost all the changes... I don't have time to make them all again but I definitely want to say that I am NOT trying to source or get price information I just want to know what to expect from what.
I am heading over to erowid now to see what I can figure out.

Well, the first thing you need to figure out is: Will kratom help you at all?

So, you mention pain medication...

1. What are you on?
  2. What dosage are you at?
  3. How long have you been taking it?
  4. How frequently do you take it?
  5. What is causing you to seek strong treatment/medication to manage your pain (i.e. change in your illness, decrease in the efficacy of current medication, etc. etc.)?

Generally, I don't like dealing with "strains" when it comes to describing the usefulness of kratom to people currently using opioids. For one thing, much of the more subtle effects are lost on populations that even have a minor tolerance to opioids. Equally importantly, many venders will say whatever they can to make the most money (i.e. inaccurately and largely arbitrarily labeling products by different strains to make the custom feel he or she is getting something special - exactly what they want - when it's almost all the same). Of course this doesn't go for all vendors and can apply to any label, so don't get too paranoid.

So, for more for the former reason than the latter, I find it best to seek out kratom with high concentrations of their known active alkaloids. This is generally limited to 7-Hydroxymitragynine and Mitragynine. I find straings with high Mitragynine content to be more stimulating, whereas strains with high concentrations of 7-Hydroxymitragynine tend to produce more of the opioid effect I'm looking for.

Frankly, you can even get pure 7-Hydroxymitragynine. Mg for mg, I found it to be almost exactly the same taken orally in strength and potency as oxycodone (ymmv).

Other than what's in the kratom, you generally left with whole/(more often)crushed leaf product vs. extract. I have actually had good success with extracts over the crushed plain leaf (I group "enhanced" leaf with the extracts). So basically you have a wide selection to choose from, although the most expensive will not always (or often) be the best value. The only type of kratom extract I've never found any enjoyment of is the resin/tar cakes.

Anyways, first you gotta figure out the answers to those questions then we can give you more help.

A note about doing your own research: The earlier you get started on this the better. There is NO replacement for figuring things out on your own, doing your own thorough well rounded research, especially when it comes to a medication/drug you're going to be ingesting.

If nothing else, you REALLY should work your way through the erowid kratom vault. It cover a LOT of basics, and they even have experience reports (although BL has good info on this stuff too) covering specifically 7-Hydroxymitragynine concentrations, which is where I learned about it.

What I'm saying is it's ideal for you to figure out what you think would work best for you, THEN to have others critique/peer review, and then go back and correct for whatever reasons. Almost every question you might have at this point you can EASILY find the answers to yourself. The questions become more useful and meaningful once you have a solid foundation in understanding kratom, generally as well as regarding pain management. That means that, if you wanna ask the right/best/most useful questions, you need to do your own thorough research first...

And honestly, why the hell not? It's FUN! ;)

Just a cautionary tale about Kratom and Alcohol mix...

The first time I mixed Alcohol and Kratom I drank about 4 glasses of wine between 10-11 a.m. (Yes, I do have alcoholic tenancies. lol.) Later that night around 5 p.m. I took 8 grams of Bali premium powder. I was surprised that I was feeling the euphoric feelings because i had been taking it too often and was not longer feeling them.

About two days later I drank 4 glasses of wine but this time I took 8 grams (my usual dose) only an hour after I drank. Bad idea. About an hour later my hands stared shaking and my heart was pounding. I read that this was a side effect of taking too muck Kratom. It really sucked! I vomited and laid down and listen to some chill music and waited for it to pass. Definitely don't wanna feel that again.

So I guess the moral of the story is, if you combine Alcohol and Kratom, don't drink to much Alcohol or take less Kratom??? Would you agree. Anyone else have any experience with the combination?
I combine kratom with alcohol all the time and feel great. Your problem is you used way too much kratom and overloaded your body.

Try using 3 grams of kratom every few hours with alcohol. Its a very nice buzz

I combine kratom with alcohol all the time and feel great. Your problem is you used way too much kratom and overloaded your body.

Try using 3 grams of kratom every few hours with alcohol. Its a very nice buzz

Thanks for the response! I may give that a try. Feel a little gun shy though.

I used to love Kratom. My doses were around 7-10 grams. BUT I ended up getting stomach ulcers from taking it so often. I felt like shit for about 2 weeks, but went away by itself after stopping.

I really liked smoking weed while on kratom, to me it just potentiates the high.
Anyways I don't use it anymore, found my new love LSD, and the usual dilaudid is much better.<3

^Hah, just a little bit ;)

Seriously, though, compared to Dilaudid and other real opiates, Plain Leaf Kratom is weak, in a good way. You can't eat more than 10 grams without feeling uncomfortable, and that makes it self-limiting if you have problems controlling opioid usage.

Great post, by the way! Just let it be known that isolated 7-OH-Mitragynine, FST tinctures and any other legitimate extracts are very powerful, and quite addictive. Some say they get more euphoria with FST tincture than with IV Heroin (without the IV rush, obviously), and some spend way more on a FST tincture habit than on a daily IV dope habit.

My advice is to stay away from Kratom extracts. If you do decide to use them, treat them as powerful, Schedule II opiates, since they are basically as strong on a mg per mg basis. I think the leaf should be kept legal, since it is delightfully weak in a medicinal way: you can't chase the high.

yea i can compare 3 g of uei to the same feeling as 30 mg oxy, not the same high though....to each his own...if you like opiates for what they are and can handle them without getting addicted ( ive dabbled since about 15, never done more than 30 mg oxy...) then i would say go for the uei...if you new to opiates just try opiates first and see if you like them....

Just let it be known that isolated 7-OH-Mitragynine, FST tinctures and any other legitimate extracts are very powerful, and quite addictive. Some say they get more euphoria with FST tincture than with IV Heroin (without the IV rush, obviously), and some spend way more on a FST tincture habit than on a daily IV dope habit.

This is something of an extreme statement, but for the most part all I gotta say is +1

My normal dose of Thai Kratom is 5 grams. I just order some premium malaysian. What do you think my dosage on that should be. Is it stronger, weaker or same. Thanks!

probably about 4 grams, maybe 5. powdered leaf doesnt vary in potency all that much imo, except for maybe maeng da. i prefer the malaysian buzz over the thai any day though

probably about 4 grams, maybe 5. powdered leaf doesnt vary in potency all that much imo, except for maybe maeng da. i prefer the malaysian buzz over the thai any day though

Nice, I'm exited to try it!

Anybody mix Klonopin (Clonazepam) and Kratom? How was it? OR any benzo?

Status
Not open for further replies.