• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

The Japanese RPG thread

StarOceanHouse

Bluelight Crew
So I just finished beating Eternal Sonata which I thought was a little too short. The battle system was great but the story was mediocre. So now I'm looking for another RPG to get hooked on. So far I see that Tales of Vesperia seems like a good choice. Anyone know of any other good japanese style RPGs that are new or about to be released?

I HIGHLY recommend Valkyria Chronicles for PS3. It is a Sega Strategy RPG with a very original battle system and very, very nice graphics. It's very fun and the story is great too! Wish I had a PS3 so I can play it.

yeah, too bad it didn't come out on xbox 360. I just bought Star Ocean: The Last Hope. I haven't played it much but so far the graphics look stellar.

I'm still hooked on the oldies. Guess I'll be one of those grumpy old men one day, shaking my stick about how kids these days don't know anything until they've played FF VI.

I just played legend of mana again(on genesis), gotta love the classics. I heard there was a new mana game coming out for current systems, has anyone else heard this?

I think you'll enjoy Lost Odyssey if you haven't already played it. A lot of the reviews complain about the loading times, but the complaints are highly exaggerated for the most part. If you install the discs to your hard drive it's even less of an issue.

I'm still hooked on the oldies. Guess I'll be one of those grumpy old men one day, shaking my stick about how kids these days don't know anything until they've played FF VI.

The oldies aren't dead there corpses are still being raped, they've all been ported to the portable systems, they even made a sequel to FF4 and FF7. Crisis Core is supposed to be good, thought I would never play it cause I thought FF7 was kind of queer.