The issue of surveys on bluelight... Got an idea

Ashke

Bluelighter
Maybe the answer would be to have a single thread with a subject that read 'Bluelight Surveys' or something... And at the top you'd just state which survey you were responding to..?
It might get a little confusing, but at least that way everyone who likes surveys and getting to know each other would be able to participate, and having it in a single thread would keep the so-called important posts from getting bumped off the front page...
Just a thought.
~*~ Ashke ~*~

Grrr... why can't the solution just be to write "Survey:" in your subject line before you write what the survey is about?
I love these surveys!! I like knowing interesting tidbits about all you cool Bluelighters.
If you don't like the survey's, don't read them? Isn't that solution enough?

I agree with roller girl but I can see ashke's pov... A thread for survey's is a good idea but I think they should be controlled otherwise it might get stupid like 'What's your favorite sex position?'
------------------
HAPPY HARDCORE WILL LIVE FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
<~p-E-achy~> -=+PLUR+=-

My feelings on the surveys are quite mixed. They're cute, they are. I responded to plenty. But also I feel bad when I see the more relevant posts or requests for help being pushed to the bottom, and I totally see why that upsets people...
Ohhh, what about this? What if Jase and/or Skydancer were to make another forum, one for totally unrelated stuff that was just about getting to know each other? Call it 'Chatter' or something.
smile.gif

Okay so that would probably be a lot of work... I dunno how likely it is. But that would also solve the problem, I think.
~*~ Ashke ~*~

having ALL the polls in ONE thread would take hours to load up on your computer!
The problem isn't really as bad as everyone is making it out to be. If you don't want to participate, don't click on it.

The problem here is not the surveys. its not that people dont want to read them. You all say "IF YOU DON'T WANT TO READ EM, JUST SKIP EM". Well that creates a problem, because it pushes all the other posts down. Now I'm not attacking anyone personally here, but I, like Ashke suggested the same thing a few days ago. Why not make a new forum and call it "SURVEYS" ? I don't know too much about hosting message boards and I dont know how much work it would be, but Jase or skydancer, I think this would be best! I'll even volunteer to be the 'SURVEY MODERATOR' hehe!
------------------
~~~EXSTO 24 VII~~~
"To stand out 24/7"

I agree with eXisto24VII (what was your previous name? I can't remember). You all say not to read them, but at the moment, that doesn't leave terribly much else to read. I'm missing the questions and information about DRUGS (which is why we're all here in the first place).
I have also stopped myself from posting something I felt was relevant and important, yet I didn't because I knew it would get lost amongst the surveys. How many others have done the same? How many people have not stayed here because of the lack of informative and intelligent posts?
Having one thread is not the answer. It's confusing and you don't want one thread with 400 replies on it.
I think a 'chatter' forum might be a good idea but don't we have enough forums already?
I don't really understand the surveys personally. Sure they're fun when people end up interacting and it becomes an interesting conversation. But when it doesn't all you get are 60 replies from all and sundry and don't really have a hope in hell of remembering who said what.
I don't really have a solution. But there's my .02 worth.
miss apple

I third existo's point. these surveys are the pits...like existo said, maybe you post something important, and it stays on the first page for a day. Then its like "where the F did my F'in post go, WTF!? Ahhhhhhhh!!! These F'in sur-F'in-veys are F'in driving me F'in insane, man, F!!". Just kidding guys. I dont really care, cuz like poeple say, I just skip 'em and dont worry about it. But, existo definitely has a good, valid point which I feel should be addressed.
later
plur
steve

hey Peachy, i think what you just called a stupid survey was one of the better ones i have seen on this board, btw i like it with the girl on top riding, for sure. finally a good survey question.

I still like the idea of a "Random Shit" forum... where u can post surveys, whatever... anyone else like that idea?

Interesting. I thought that this was the 'random shit' forum, and that the Chill room was for discussion. Just my interpretation, another forum would be cool, maybe to clean up some of the clutter here.
BTW, I don't read the surveys, but I have no idea what people have against them. Gotta complain about something, I guess
wink.gif

Dave (cursed tyops :p )
[This message has been edited by Dave (edited 19 January 2000).]

Hi,
I can't believe the audacity of some people. I mean how can you say just skip it when it is not like they are isolated, there are fucking millions of the things.
Sure, I don't have to click on them but when peachy put all them really stupid surveys just to spite people (me in particular) alot of threads that were of more valid and things people wanted to know about were relegated to the second page.
I am not saying cut them out all together, but don't go "oh, I can't think of anything intelligent today, I wonder what kind of pets everyone have??" Sure a survey can be a good thing every now and then (when it is relevant or it is about something that effects the whole board, but when the first page of the discussion forum is 50% polls it get frustrating.
I am also sure that Jase and Skydancer didn't intend for the board to be used in this manner either, I mean they put in alot of time and effort to create a discussion board about E and the party scene, a bit of respect to them would go astray I think.
dENTEdLENTiL
------------------
A dick in the bush is worth 2 in the hand (or something like that????)