Votes: 1 3.4%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/3stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/4stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/5stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 6 20.7%

• Total voters
Battle Royale? More like The Running Man with a Lord of the Flies twist, imo. There are no original ideas anymore.

idk..the rest of the series. this is like...this was not the climax.
this was all preparation for what's to come in the next 2 really.
i feel like people making those claims really can't until they know how it all goes down/the rest of the films are out..
it's like watching the first harry potter movie and saying it's just like..i don't know. something silly and childish and writing it off.
but then look at how the last 2 were...ya know?

well finished the series and was waaaay disappointed. the first book maybe should have been left as a stand alone, or something.

seriously, Katniss Everdeen, you're going to tell me that

after two Hunger Games and a war you participated in, just to keep your family alive, that instead of living as close as possible to the family you have left (Gale, your mother?) you'd rather live in a bombed out shell of your impoverished hell hole next door to a drunk and with a man who you said you never loved who is so brain damaged to the point where he tries to kill you, multiple times. on top of all that, you support a capitol hunger games, more senseless, vengeful killing of kids. none of it makes any sense and seems so wrong and shameful to the character that it's almost like the last two books were written by two different people. By the end of the series, you're left with the feeling that Katniss is really just a flake, and doesn't care about her future or anyone elses', and maybe never did. It feels like a waste of time, and that's depressing.

Got a question for people who saw the movie: Is it worth reading the book first and is this a young adult type book or is this more mature? If it's young adult, I think I might just watch the movie. Not sure though. How does the movie compare to the book?

well finished the series and was waaaay disappointed. the first book maybe should have been left as a stand alone, or something.

seriously, Katniss Everdeen, you're going to tell me that

after two Hunger Games and a war you participated in, just to keep your family alive, that instead of living as close as possible to the family you have left (Gale, your mother?) you'd rather live in a bombed out shell of your impoverished hell hole next door to a drunk and with a man who you said you never loved who is so brain damaged to the point where he tries to kill you, multiple times. on top of all that, you support a capitol hunger games, more senseless, vengeful killing of kids. none of it makes any sense and seems so wrong and shameful to the character that it's almost like the last two books were written by two different people. By the end of the series, you're left with the feeling that Katniss is really just a flake, and doesn't care about her future or anyone elses', and maybe never did. It feels like a waste of time, and that's depressing.

NSFW:
lol uhh have you ever heard PTSD? her brain was fried after the first games, let alone all the other horrible shit she endured throughout the trilogy. she's not functioning like a normal person by the end of the quarter quell by any means.
and she hated her mother. and in her mind gale was the reason for prim's death. and she did love peeta, her feelings grew for him. when did she say she never loved him? lol. like...were we reading the same books? and he was the only one that came back to her. everyone else left her. the brainwashing got less fucked up the longer he was exposed to her/the truth. also, if gale was that great he would have came back for her like peeta did imo. i was rooting for gale but he got a little much, and he just was like PEACEEE BIATCHHHH. like everyone else was. they shoulda been the ones going to take care of her if they cared so much.. and she said a few times haymitch understood her the best, that they were left feeling the same after the games and whatnot.
and after everything that happened to her and her state of mind, i don't blame her for wanting more capitol blood..i don't think she was all that serious about it though. i forget, i need to re-read.
and she didn't ask to be face of the rebellion. if you remember she was never quite for it. when gale would talk about that stuff in the woods when they'd hunt and get all worked up, she didn't. she just wanted to stay alive and thought it was fucked up, then got thrown into everything.
i thought the books were pretty good at tackling what a person's mind would be like after all she went through personally

Got a question for people who saw the movie: Is it worth reading the book first and is this a young adult type book or is this more mature? If it's young adult, I think I might just watch the movie. Not sure though. How does the movie compare to the book?
it's more mature i think.. and the trilogy gets more and more intense. it ends up being about class warfare really. rebellion. all that good stuff. the movie was really good, i loved it. but the book just has SO MUCH MORE. and when watching there's certain things that might leave you questionable that the book would clear up. and the book is so much richer in backstory, detail, relationships etc.
def worth reading imo

they're quick reads too. you'll finish them in a week or 2 if you're not busy, a month tops.
enjoy! :)
and i would say you could see the movie first and still enjoy it. i think it could go either way?

Oh man I was so so so looking forward to seeing this, I started crying as the credits were rolling.. I dragged Busty along with me under the premise that it looked "action-y" enough to keep him entertained for the length of the film. ;)

I was so impressed with the film-makers efforts to adapt this into a film! I feel like they captured all of the important moments, and really portrayed the emotions well. I felt like each of the characters were sincere and came to life just as I had imagined.

I agree, Katniss was a little more healthy and plump looking than I expected (they talked about her gaunt frame and frequent starvation in the books) but besides that, I think the lead actress did exceptionally well.

I was literally enthralled the entire time and bawled my eyes out at several key points. I walked out feeling like I had finally met a very very good friend, and am waiting in hope for the sequels.

I feel like I now know how the Harry Potter and Twilight fans feel. ;) I told a colleague today that if they ever released a Hunger Games museum or theme-park (ala Harry Potter) I would make the pilgramage - that's how strongly I feel for these characters!! <3

never heard of the books before reading about the film. nothing from the ads attract me to watching this film.

NSFW:
lol uhh have you ever heard PTSD? her brain was fried after the first games, let alone all the other horrible shit she endured throughout the trilogy. she's not functioning like a normal person by the end of the quarter quell by any means.
and she hated her mother. and in her mind gale was the reason for prim's death. and she did love peeta, her feelings grew for him. when did she say she never loved him? lol. like...were we reading the same books? and he was the only one that came back to her. everyone else left her. the brainwashing got less fucked up the longer he was exposed to her/the truth. also, if gale was that great he would have came back for her like peeta did imo. i was rooting for gale but he got a little much, and he just was like PEACEEE BIATCHHHH. like everyone else was. they shoulda been the ones going to take care of her if they cared so much.. and she said a few times haymitch understood her the best, that they were left feeling the same after the games and whatnot.
and after everything that happened to her and her state of mind, i don't blame her for wanting more capitol blood..i don't think she was all that serious about it though. i forget, i need to re-read.
and she didn't ask to be face of the rebellion. if you remember she was never quite for it. when gale would talk about that stuff in the woods when they'd hunt and get all worked up, she didn't. she just wanted to stay alive and thought it was fucked up, then got thrown into everything.
i thought the books were pretty good at tackling what a person's mind would be like after all she went through personally

it's more mature i think.. and the trilogy gets more and more intense. it ends up being about class warfare really. rebellion. all that good stuff. the movie was really good, i loved it. but the book just has SO MUCH MORE. and when watching there's certain things that might leave you questionable that the book would clear up. and the book is so much richer in backstory, detail, relationships etc.
def worth reading imo

that still doesn't make any sense.

She never said she loved Peeta, she just felt it was her job to protect him and care for him since he was the 'true' Mockingjay, the voice that should have led the Rebellion. From the books, it seemed like she loved Peeta in the same way Harry Potter and Hermione Granger loved each other. She never got excited about their kisses like she did with Gale, and she dreaded being trapped in a future with him, even though he was a good person. Their relationship is so bizarre and co-dependent anyway, when they aren't trying to kill each other for some reason? (Remember your true enemy). If I'm expected to believe that she became a radically different (I mean like 180 degrees) person, something should have been there to explain that. Some weird random side story about Prim's death being somehow Gale's fault means she supports the death of more 12year olds? Watching Finnick getting eaten alive by humanoid lizards means she wants more Finnicks to meet the same death? It's bizarre and seems waayyy OOC. I mean she's so different from herself even in book 2 that it's either bad or lazy writing. It was like the author was on the homestretch and just didn't care anymore and just wanted it to be over with. If she wanted to show the absolute destruction of a strong and powerful and moral lead character, she could have done it without such a limp wrist. I mean 1984 ends in a similarly depressing fashion, but it's believable. This ends on such a flat note. When people ask me about it I just tell them to read book one and then pretend she dies right afterwards in an hired hit from the capitol, and that Panem carries on in the exact same fashion, still doing Hunger Games, all that, just with a different President. I mean, that's what happens, just minus the dead Mockingjay.

that still doesn't make any sense.

She never said she loved Peeta, she just felt it was her job to protect him and care for him since he was the 'true' Mockingjay, the voice that should have led the Rebellion. From the books, it seemed like she loved Peeta in the same way Harry Potter and Hermione Granger loved each other. She never got excited about their kisses like she did with Gale, and she dreaded being trapped in a future with him, even though he was a good person. Their relationship is so bizarre and co-dependent anyway, when they aren't trying to kill each other for some reason? (Remember your true enemy). If I'm expected to believe that she became a radically different (I mean like 180 degrees) person, something should have been there to explain that. Some weird random side story about Prim's death being somehow Gale's fault means she supports the death of more 12year olds? Watching Finnick getting eaten alive by humanoid lizards means she wants more Finnicks to meet the same death? It's bizarre and seems waayyy OOC. I mean she's so different from herself even in book 2 that it's either bad or lazy writing. It was like the author was on the homestretch and just didn't care anymore and just wanted it to be over with. If she wanted to show the absolute destruction of a strong and powerful and moral lead character, she could have done it without such a limp wrist. I mean 1984 ends in a similarly depressing fashion, but it's believable. This ends on such a flat note. When people ask me about it I just tell them to read book one and then pretend she dies right afterwards in an hired hit from the capitol, and that Panem carries on in the exact same fashion, still doing Hunger Games, all that, just with a different President. I mean, that's what happens, just minus the dead Mockingjay.

NSFW:
i thought it was pretty evident she loved peeta. they always snuggled before the quarter quell on the train, the whole boy with the bread thing...the way she obsessed over getting him back after the capitol got him. that pearl thing she always carried around. the whole "real" "not real" thing this quote!!
"What I need to survive is not Gale's fire, kindled with rage and hatred. I have plenty of fire myself. What I need is the dandelion in the spring. The bright yellow that means rebirth instead of destruction. The promise that life can go on, no matter how bad our losses. That it can be good again. And only Peeta can give me that."
come on man!!
and they didn't go along with having capitol hunger games. iirc she said that to psych out coin, and instead of killing snow when she had the chance she puts an arrow right in coins head. preventing a "here's the new boss, same as the old boss" scenario, ya know?
The questions are just beginning. The arenas have been completely destroyed, the memorials built, there are no more Hunger Games. But they teach about them at school, and the girl knows we played a role in them. The boy wil know in a few years. How can I tel them about that world without frightening them to death?
idk man. i liked it lol. i don't think she did a complete 180. i think she matured in a way that any PTSD mind would, especially a 16-17 year old's.

Oh man I was so so so looking forward to seeing this, I started crying as the credits were rolling.. I dragged Busty along with me under the premise that it looked "action-y" enough to keep him entertained for the length of the film. ;)

I was so impressed with the film-makers efforts to adapt this into a film! I feel like they captured all of the important moments, and really portrayed the emotions well. I felt like each of the characters were sincere and came to life just as I had imagined.

I agree, Katniss was a little more healthy and plump looking than I expected (they talked about her gaunt frame and frequent starvation in the books) but besides that, I think the lead actress did exceptionally well.

I was literally enthralled the entire time and bawled my eyes out at several key points. I walked out feeling like I had finally met a very very good friend, and am waiting in hope for the sequels.

I feel like I now know how the Harry Potter and Twilight fans feel. ;) I told a colleague today that if they ever released a Hunger Games museum or theme-park (ala Harry Potter) I would make the pilgramage - that's how strongly I feel for these characters!! <3

yess!! <3
i saw it for a second time yesterday and loved it just as much. i thought it was a GREAT adaptation. minus her look, but her acting made up for it.
gahh.
it's such a good harry potter replacement i'm telling you bahahah

well finally saw the movie, and only have two questions

NSFW:
Where were all the presents from District 11 after Rue died? Did I just miss that? Pretty sure they never showed up.
What happened to Jennifer Lawrence's sweet ass tan that she got to prove she could play an 'olive skinned' character?
ew-cover-1156_300.jpg

certainly didn't bother hanging on to that.

besides that, guess it was fine, everyone enjoyed it.

yeah the district 11 bread cut bothered me a bit...but i guess since they showed the rebellion they felt that was more than enough?
there were a few other cuts i was like :\ about, but overall i think they did real well within the pg13 rating and time constraints.

I never read the book and came out giving it 3 stars. I was meh, not because I didn't like it, but I was more interested to see how the story pads out in the other films. It was definitely good enough to want to see the sequels.

i'm sketched out. i heard earlier in the week that there was conflict between gary ross and lionsgate about the sequel and they weren't willing to give him a raise and some weird shit...and now i read he's dropping out of doing catching fire. which is just odd because he was a big fan and talked about all these ideas he had for the next film, and now he's just dropping out? it's so weird.
i feel like they're taking the cheap way out and are going to sacrifice the series because of it..
idk i guess we'll see how it works out.......harry potter had multiple directors and that was..pretty good..

i got a pretty good cam from some dictatorship like Hungary or Belarus or something. apparently they don't care over there ;)

oh my god did anyone see that on SNL???

BOOM. HUNNNNNNNNGGGGEERRRR GAAAAAAAAMEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!