Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

The great movies (ones that lift you up)

jasonmccarthy5

Ex-Bluelighter
I am into the dark side of cinema to be honest. But I thought about it and I want to try and watch just as many uplifting movies as the next guy. I mean it's kinda like listening to Nirvana...yeah they take me grunge heaven, but it's depressing, and being a manic depressive that can be too much at times. So inspiring movies!

Mine is

Life Is Beautiful

Fight Club I love the ending the buildings come down and he gets the girl cant beat that.

we needed something to counter the "disturbing movie" thread.

Lost in Translation
just seeing something novel is inspiring--the city of tokyo. and then the story of not abandoning things when when you start having doubts in life.

Punch-Drunk Love
successfully overcoming anxiety and finding romantic love in the modern world.

American Beauty
i think. it's been too long since i've seen it. at the least there was a time i found it uplifting and inspiring. pulling yourself out of the haze, seeing the potential for beauty that comes with life, and re-prioritizing accordingly.

Dazed and Confused
the potential and fun that comes with youth and rebellion.

Last edited:
Probably in the minority on this one, but

The Men Who Stare at Goats I love this whole movie. The overall message about finding your true self and believing in your abilities is always uplifrting, I always laugh at the exchanges between Clooney and McGregor as well as any scenes with Jeff Bridges. The music is great. IDK, there's something I just really like about this movie. I've seen it several times and am going to buy it now that it's no longer on Netflix Instant.

Also:

Oceans 11 Always liked the exchanges particularly between Clooney and Pitt, but the acting was great by the entire cast. Liked the whole story and style of the film. Pretty much my standard feel good movie

Little Miss Sunshine The first time I saw this it was a real up and down of sad and happy, but after seeing it a number of times the sad parts aren't as bad, and the good parts are even better. "Oh my god, I'm getting pulled over. Everyone just...pretend to be normal." I've also never not laughed at the end of the movie. That scene where the little girl is dancing at the end of the competition is always so ridiculous even when I know what's going to happen. It was such a great way to end a really moving story about family. I also always really liked the main musical theme of the movie. It usually gets stuck in my head for a few days whenever I watch it.

Dazed and Confused
the potential and fun that comes with youth and rebellion.

I can understand why you chose this, but I always find it making me feel a bit down. It just makes me feel really nostalgic I guess. Maybe I'll be able to view it in a different light in a few years, but now it I just think about the fun times of being in HS. If I was doing better now I probably wouldn't feel the same way.

Yea American Beauty is a great movie I love the scene at the drive thru when his wife and her fuck buddy pull up classic cinema

yeh, a lot of films for sure. Will edit this nice tight spot in a while with titles.