• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

The EADD old farts nostalgia thread!

Ah, who knows? It wasn't called 'Acid daze' fer nowt (though 'Mushroom Daze' would have been more appropriate in my case) :)

I don't suppose you two (other) old farts went to Monsters of Rock at Donington in 1995, did you? :D

I did. Bottles of piss being thrown everywhere. One guy standing in front of us was almost knocked out by one. Metallica headlining. Three of us in a 2 man tent, didn't take a mallet for tent pegs, arrived so late the first night all the booze stands were shut...

I don't suppose you two (other) old farts went to Monsters of Rock at Donington in 1995, did you? :D

I did. Bottles of piss being thrown everywhere. One guy standing in front of us was almost knocked out by one. Metallica headlining. Three of us in a 2 man tent, didn't take a mallet for tent pegs, arrived so late the first night all the booze stands were shut...

No, never went there - is that the one that's called 'Download' now?

Anyway, I believe it was a bit of a ritual throwing bottles of piss at bands at Donnington. Was is 95 that Spinal Tap played there?

Edit: actually it must have been years earlier when Spinal Tap played.

Last edited:
No, never went there - is that the one that's called 'Download' now?

Having read the wikipedia link I included in my post, it seems that the answer is no. :D Looks like a separate thing but I'd imagine it gathered a similar crowd.

Ewwwww that's disgusting. Did people really do that?

Yes. I couldn't believe it either. Two-pint milk cartons full of piss being lobbed backwards and forwards, especially down the front. No doubt there were glass bottles too, but thankfully none came near us. Total carnage.

I still can't believe we did that - about 4 train journeys with all our camping gear on our backs, with no fucking clue what we were letting ourselves in for. :D

Always wondered about this ..... do people pee in their own bottles right there in front of the stage, do they save them up from beforehand, or is somebody selling ready-prepared bottles of urine (for the benefit of paruretics like myself) ?

Always wondered about this ..... do people pee in their own bottles right there in front of the stage, do they save them up from beforehand, or is somebody selling ready-prepared bottles of urine (for the benefit of paruretics like myself) ?

When you're busy headbanging in a sea of hair, sweat and denim, it's easier to just piss in the nearest empty bottle than fight your way through the crowd to find the toilets 3 miles away. However, I reckon the old throwing bottles of piss legend was exaggerated, most of it was probably beer, pop and water...

Throwing bottles of piss at Kanye West this Glasto ought to be compulsory ...

You're not on your own =D

Unfortunately/fortunately he was cancelled and replaced by Foo Fighters. Grohl broke his leg though so it's all up in the air again. Emily Eavis apparently received death threats for booking West

That's daft. It's music ffs n they're people. We don't all enjoy the same music of course but throwing things at someone because you don't like their music is thuggish, n people wonder why there's stigma against drug users with attitudes n actions like that.

I'm shocked.

Evey

Pig ignorant rappers have no place at Glastonbury - different culture innit? It would be like having Cheryl Cole headlining ( I chose her because like West, she is also a talentless moron with an over inflated ego). You dig?

Well i think you're acting rather immature. You don't like their music. That's fine. I don't like Cheryl Cole's music but I'm not going to physically or verbally abuse her.

I'm sorry but by what I'm reading here no wonder there's stigma towards drug users. Would you not wish to prove people wrong about drug users? What's wrong with expressing distaste for music or talent without resorting to name calling or physical abuse (eg throwing bottles of urine)?

Fair enough not everyone likes rap n maybe people don't agree with rap music being at Glastonbury. Again cool. But death threats are over the top n just make the people / person look like an immature thug.

Evey

.....I rememebr many moon ago billy brag ending the sat night at pilton - it was like a tide of people walking away booing and possible having a wee and all that was left was a hari krishna and a hippie with a dog on a bit of string (slight exageration - there was no hippie) : )

When you're busy headbanging in a sea of hair, sweat and denim, it's easier to just piss in the nearest empty bottle than fight your way through the crowd to find the toilets 3 miles away. However, I reckon the old throwing bottles of piss legend was exaggerated, most of it was probably beer, pop and water...

Trust me, I was not exaggerating about that event. It is highly unlikely that a bunch of headbangers were kindly donating some white wine (in a milk carton/beer bottle) to the strangers 20 feet in front of them. It was piss. :D