• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

The EADD Kratom Thread v1. Chew those leaves? Bleugh!

Half hour or so ago i just downed a 12 gramme mug of super green Malaysian, chased with a strong coffee, and i must say i am very impressed. I am completely relaxed. Worries? What worries. This is one of the best. Definitely getting some more in.

try a powdered strain, e.g. Bali, mix 12 to 15 grams in a small mug of warm water, stir well and down the putrid slime in two or three gulps

That's what I do, except I use less Kratom (usually 1 tablespoon, so roughly 8gr) and I add a big heap of sweetener.

Am tapering off of a two-month kratom-habit now (20gr per day), feeling chilly, yawning a lot, abd feeling lethargic, but nothing too bad.

"Super Green Indo" is one of the strongest "regular" strains that my vendor carries, as well, it usually has a very strong/fresh odor

Yachh, feeling rough, tapered too fast. I'm on three small teaspoons a day now, but my eyes are still watering like fuck, full-body goosebumps, can't stop yawning.

What is an effective dose of Red vein borneo dried kratom leaves ? I tried 2 dry teaspoons tossed and washed down with lager the other week, it didnt do anything. The bupe was probably blocking it. I get the feeling its harder for your body to get anything out of the dry plant matter, and its more easily absorbed if you make a tea out of it. But i find that very hard to drink without heaving. I think ive been making it way too strong, i cant remember how much i sued last time i made a kratom tea, but i think i used a lot more than 2 teaspoonfulls.

Is that really an adequate dose ? My opi tolerance should be much lower now, especially if i leave it a couple of weeks or so, after what was hopefully my final habitual dose of bupe, a couple of days ago.

Well, that would floor me, but not someone like MK. YMMV and all that when it comes to kratom..

1 heaped teaspoonful is about 3g.

without tolerance 5g should be an effective dose. With my level of tolerance 5g just makes me feel human. With your recent history you probably need more like 10g to feel much, MDB, so 3 or four heaped teaspoons.

Alcohol will mask the effects a bit.

OK thanks Knock. Do you reckon there's any truth in the idea thats its harder for the body and brain to get anything out of the dry plant matter, and thats its absorbed easier as a drink ?

I haven't tried the tea, but when I had very low tolerance 3g worked just fine for me in yoghurt. So I tend to think if it makes any difference it's not a hell of a lot. When the powder gets into your stomach it will form an acid tea pretty quickly with your gastric juices.

Yum, gastric juices.

I had a second late dose yesterday though, just for insomnia reasons.

Im wondering if some strains of kratom are stimulating and some are sedating ? Aparently it works on the andrenalin system which would explain the tremor ive been getting. I have struggled to get to sleep these last couple of nights and it cant be anything but the kratom causing this. Its nice to have a dose early evening so you can be pleasantly high for most of the evening, but then if you cant sleep despite a load of etiz and diphenhydramine it is a bit of a drawback.

I havent worked out what my relationship with kratom is going to be yet. Today i had some for breakfast and lunch and felt diminished returns from the kratom, maybe i took less, maybe it was weaker, maybe im developing a tolerance allready. 8o Apologies if this has allready been asked in the thread, and the answers can probably be found on wiki. I wonder if its better to take one fucking big blast dose and have an evening blow out, or lower doses taken throughout the day.

Learning curve times ahead. I hope to learn as much as possible about my responses to it, and the different ways of taking it, as to times of day and sizes of dose etc as to what will suit me best. It will be time to take a day or 2 off soon. I dont want to just fall headlong into a kratom dependency, i hope to try to at least try to use this substance smartly, and to learn something from the mistakes i have made with other opis.

YES! White vein Sumatra is stimulating while red riau is relaxing.

In truth they all relax, in the way that any µ-opioid agonist relaxes, but WVS is a get-up-and-go relaxed.

There are so many different types, I've not worked it all out. I stick to WVS and some random other supplement for variety.

Tolerance shouldn't develop that fast. I had been doing 5g a day for 18 months before my doses crept up. But if you hammer something then I suppose the tolerance will hammer you back? Maybe.

Part of the problem with kratom is it's so interesting. Oh for boring drugs that don't consume my thought processes.

Dosing: I went for 18 months having 1 dose a day. It was fine. As soon as I started topping up and eyeballing, it shot up.

Redosing does work though, so I don't think you need to do it all up front. Kenny probably has more to say on this than I do.

All opiates completely destroy any odds of me sleeping properly, but I've never used Kratom - given its adrenergic properties I imagine it would be even worse.

That's why god gave us benzos. Actually I wish he'd given me diphenhydramine but he's out of stock :(

are all the powders green ? I was expecting red veined borneo to be red, but obviously if only the veins are red and the leaves are green then its going to be green. :sus:

yes all green but different shades of green. Never seen a bag of red kratom powder, even if it says "RED" on the label :D

That's why god gave us benzos. Actually I wish he'd given me diphenhydramine but he's out of stock :(
After a few nights on benzo's, I will not touch them with a 10 foot pole.

All opiates completely destroy any odds of me sleeping properly, but I've never used Kratom - given its adrenergic properties I imagine it would be even worse.

this must be the cause of the insomnia problem then. So an evening being pleasantly buzzed on kratom could lead to not getting much sleep. Bummer. :\ I havent taken any since lunchtime today, hopefully the adrenal properties will be wearing off by bed time tonight.

even on *snip* ? i assume i can say that withoiut getting snipped as its not a POM at least from where it gets shipped from it isnt. Neither etiz nor diphenhydramine helped much last night.

No you can't but nice one :D ta

Thanks for reviving this thread, MDB. I was going to search for it myself as I've been reading up on kratom in preparation for my little experiment, which will hopefully commence this evening, post permitting.

I know a couple of pharmaceuticals / supplements have been mentioned, but to recap, is there anything easily available which will potentiate or synergise with the kratom, beyond the things you'd use with 'proper' opioids?

Consensus seems to be that etizolam detracts from the experience somehow. Is this true for 'real' benzos too?

Is alcohol (in small amounts) a worthwhile addition to the mix, or will I regret it?

Any answers appreciated. Still can't believe I'm subjecting myself to this Asiatic witchdoctor hogwash...

I would reccomend the pure untainted kratom experience, at least for occasion 1, it is quite subtle in some ways, not like a blow to head, more 'hair soft lifted by the breeze' IYKWIM. Thats one line from a poem my english teacher got to remember, he stated "soft lifted, not blasted by a hurricane !! " That made me laugh a lot, and has allways stuck with me and seemed apt here.

Weed might go extremely well with it, but as i say i would get get a feel the stuff in its own for the first hour or 2 after it takes off.

The insomnia thing with it is a fucker, about 20mg of etiz and 2 pregabalins to boost the hypnotic effects and felt nada last night, didnt touch the sides. Had to have 2 phenergans, 2 diphenhydramines and my prescribed 45mg of mirtazapine in the end That lot did kick in around 3 am, but i only woke up half an hour ago, so it may have been too many sleepers. Im just sticking to the 1 dose ive just had today. 7 teaspoons, lets see what that will do.

I think this insomnia problem may actually be a blessing in disguise as it doesnt make the stuff easy to fit into a pattern of daily use. It may well help me to keep my use of it occasional. Of course there are other strains to try, ones that may be more relaxing rather than stimulating. When funds allow I'll be trying one of the more sedating strains.

its not withcraft lol just cos its a natural plant that grows in Asia. You could say the same thing about all natural plant psychoactives; magic mushrooms, cannabis, opium poppies etc.

Last edited:
Oh, I've no problem with witchcraft per se.

I just naturally distrust anything that lays claim to 'traditional medicinal use in south-east Asian societies', as it always smells like patronising white bourgeois baloney to me. And it usually tastes fucking foul to boot.