• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

The Drugs That Are Easiest/Hardest to Detect

Asparagus_Prince

Bluelighter
I am curious about other people's opinions on this.

Re-sort the following drugs below from the easiest to detect that someone else is under the influence of, to the hardest to detect. Or rank them 1-7, however you want to do it.

THC
Benzos
Alcohol
Cocaine
Heroin
Prescription Painkillers
Methamphetamine

Please add commentary!

I know some of this depends on the user, the type of drug (like with painkillers), etc etc. But just in general. Play along.

(And I'm taking about detecting with your own personal senses, BTW. Not detecting through a drug test or whatever)

Last edited:
Let’s assume average person with an average/medium dose of said drug. Also assuming we don’t know this person super well, aka they aren’t a family member you see daily and know in and out.

Benzos
Prescription Painkillers
THC
Alcohol
Heroin
Cocaine
Methamphetamine

-GC

Ranking stuff? That's what counts as an informed answer?
Kids these days. If I can't do the science, I'm protesting your entire concept of acquiring information.

1. Benzos/Alcohol tied (also IV H)
2. Cocaine
3. Meth
4. Heroin (smoked)
5. THC
6. Painkillers (depends which ones though, if you're nodding out on oxy or morphine could be #1)

Of course this depends massively on dosage as I'm sure you know, but if we're talking buzzed but not completely fucked out of your head I think this is about right IMO.

I can pass for straight (apart from saucer eyes) on almost any stimulant, benzo, or booze up to a bottle of wine. It’s pretty obvious if I’m on heroin because I’m in the ER dry retching for half the night once they re-start my heart. I haven’t touched weed for 35 years or more - but I did smoke it everyday before school for almost a year and nobody commented so I presume I passed as straight.

I think this stuff depends on what an individual’s personality is like normally. I’m pretty reserved in public and group situations and don’t ever say much and kind of just watch everything going on like an outside observer. Most drugs just make me do even more but more enjoyably. Cocaine makes me almost mute. Except ketamine and acid - I struggle to hide being on them at any kind of serious dose.

Apart from how my eyes react to light, I have passed for sober in some tight spots on all of these but a dose of opiates that made me nod out. Benzos (quite a few of them) and alcohol? Yep. Snorted and IV Coke? Check. Weed? Allergies. Speed of various variations? Yup. LSD, 2C-B/E/I, mushrooms, MDMA/MDA, and so on? Definitely.

In tight spots. Like my buddy is too shit wrecked to drive his ass home. While I was back at the house tripping my balls off (high dose LSD with a 2C-E kicker) and banging coke into my veins as often as I could.

My buddy called me saying that a cop had gotten him BEFORE he got to his car and said he wasn’t good to drive. Could I drive? Probably. If you don’t do you get a DUI? Yes. See you in 10.

I snorted a line because it lasted longer then IV and walked out to the bar my buddy was at. I started walking. Meet the cop, he looks me over, and asked if I had been drinking.

“No sir” I replied with complete honesty. Just got done with a long run, I lied to cover my copious sweating. “You do look flushed. Look at me for a moment.” The cop says. He looks me over and tossed me my friend’s keys.

We look at each other and get in his car. I stall it out once and the cop gives me a look (he looked like one of Satan’s lesser minions to me). I crank down the window and say “This is the first time I’ve driven his VW Wagon. He’s protective of it.”

“Well you’re bailing your friend out on this one.” He says with total sincerity. “You’re a good friend.” I took one more look at the minor demon and got the car in gear.

About a half a block away my friend asks how much I took. “4-5 hits of acid and the equivalent of another psychedelic.” He asks about the coke. Honestly I couldn’t remember and told him to roll up my sleeve.

He does and goes quiet for a few. Then quietly asks “Do you know how to get home?” I processed that as all my attention was on the road. “If you could tell me when to turn as I can’t read the street signs that would be great.”

That was the night he and I decided to stop driving drunk and/or high. We got home and he asked if I needed anything. I said a Valium would be nice. He got one from the house pill stash and we had a beer together. “I don’t want to do that again.” I said. “Neither do I.” He replies. As long as we were drinking and partying with each other we didn’t do it.

Don’t be like me. Seriously, I’ve done some DUMB SHIT in my life. Don’t drink or use and drive. Now you guys have Uber and shit. There was one cab in town and he was always busy. I had to be my best friend’s life line. Now, if I was still using, I would call him a Lyft.

I'm not proud of this, but once I was driving back 3 hours from a work trip where I had dosed a big ass dose of poppy tea. I was also tired because of not sleeping a lot the night before. I was nodding out all over the place, came to a few times having veered into another lane. Clearly someone called the cops on me (as they should have, I was in no shape to drive). Next thing I know, a cop is right up on my ass with the lights on. I was terrified but I snapped into business mode when he came up to the window. He asked me if I was high. I said no sir, and he said he didn't believe me. I told him he could breathalyze me, I was just tired. He was like "it's not alcohol I think you're on". At this point I figured I was fucked, I'm sure my eyes were pinpricks. But I insisted I was just tired, told him a truthful story about how I had just driven 13 hours the day before and now was heading home from a work trip. He decided to do field sobriety tests instead of search me (I had a giant bottle of washed poppy seeds and 2 empty cartons of seeds plus one full one that I ended up doing when I got home). I was nearly sure I was gonna be fucked, but I passed the flashlight eye tracking test (which they say you can't pass), the memory tests, and the straight line walking. The cop just stared at me for a minute and then said alright, I guess you're just tired. Well I'm going to follow you to the next exit and I need you to stop and rest, get a couple of red bulls or something when you're good to go and make sure you pull over if you start nodding out again. So that's what I did, and I made it home to drink more poppy tea.

Hardest to detect in an experienced user ranked in order from hardest to detect:

1) opioids
2) benzos
3) weed

All the others are a dead giveaway even if it's a regular user of said drug

(I had a giant bottle of washed poppy seeds and 2 empty cartons of seeds plus one full one that I ended up doing when I got home).
Damn, you're lucky to have poppy seeds that work! I've tried like four different brands, but none of them worked. :(

I seem to have a 6th sense of being able to pinpoint what substance someone is wasted/high on, especially if I know the person. Just by the changes in the pitch of their voice, or a slight change in their mannerisms.

So from my experience I will rank from 1-7 in terms of easiest to hardest to subjectively detect.

1. Alcohol
2. Heroin
3. Meth
4. Coke
5. Weed
6. Benzos
7. Prescription pills

It's definitely dose-dependent too.

some people are just normally tweeky - im gonna say tweek might be the easiest one to conceal as long as they didn't over-tweek

i'll go with weed being a close second because ive showed up to every job stoned for years and nobody knew anything - im normally like that every morning :cool:

the rest are much harder to conceal

I'm not sure I can rank them but I can say personally what I can detect in other people. Mind you.....it's from a place where I saw them ingesting no substances it's just from a behavioral opinion.

Alcohol and meth are obvious to me. People on these 2 are usually louder and more talkative than others in the group. Neither group can sit still and they are usually the " life of the party"

Scripted opies if taken as prescribed I can't tell at all. Abuse and misuse usually leads to falling asleep, droopy eyes and a much hoarser voice.

Weed..........can never tell if they have just smoked unless I can smell it on them. I smoked weed at some of my jobs and always washed my hands thoroughly and made sure my clothes didn't reek. I worked for 40 years and was never questioned if i was high.

That pretty much goes for people I don't know. If I know you I can tell in an instant if you are under the influence of anything because i know your baseline really well.

And like people have said......some can hide it better than others and lower doses would be hard to spot. Higher doses and everyone's behavior changes. We just can't help it because we have altered our brain chemistry so our bodies are reacting to it.

that's true too...lower dose opiates, no way i can pick up on that either...that might be #1.....dosage is everything in this ranking system

former tweekers see another tweeker from 100 miles away - it's always good to have a former tweeker on your team if you were never a tweeker

I am curious about other people's opinions on this.

Re-sort the following drugs below from the easiest to detect that someone else is under the influence of, to the hardest to detect. Or rank them 1-7, however you want to do it.

THC
Benzos
Alcohol
Cocaine
Heroin
Prescription Painkillers
Methamphetamine

Please add commentary!

I know some of this depends on the user, the type of drug (like with painkillers), etc etc. But just in general. Play along.

(And I'm taking about detecting with your own personal senses, BTW. Not detecting through a drug test or whatever)
Alcohol's an easy one, the smell on your breath (or leaching out of your pores) tends to tip your hand... THC could be one of the easiest or one of the hardest, it all depends on the person's tolerance (and whether they have ClearEyes handy).

Cocaine would be easier to detect than meth, I think. It just seems to have more of an effect on personality and cause a different kind of motormouth. With meth, you might be able to rein in the tweaky physical behavior if you use a lot of willpower.

Benzos are always much easier to detect than the person taking them believes, but probably in the middle overall. Honorable mention for gabapentin/pregabalin -- it's pretty easy for someone to tell you're on something when you forget what you're talking about in the middle of a sentence...

I like to think that opiates are one of the harder to detect, since there's not as much slurring or lack of coordination and the telltale signs are pretty subtle (just pupils, really). But of course a classic nod is unmistakable.

Here's my list from easiest to hardest...

Alcohol
Benzos
Heroin
THC
Prescription Painkillers
Meth
Cocaine

But man, some of these are lumped together and pretty close. For example on my list Benzos and Meth are pretty far from each other, but that doesn't mean one is way easier to detect than the other.

Of course dosages matter. I guess I'm looking at it as everyone being comparably wasted the same, proportionate to each drug itself. If that makes sense.

I feel like using-experience and eye-color are factors with THC. With some people it can be at the top of this list, with others it could be near the bottom.

I've always thought that meth and other amphetamines often "enhance" certain moods, and in particular agitated moods. So if you're pissed off at the world and you take meth, you might demonstrate more noticeable anger or agitation. If you weren't in a shitty mood before you used, it can be harder to tell. In that case I might suspect you've used because you're in a good mood and talking more, but I'm more inclined to give you the benefit of the doubt and wonder if you've simply had an extra energy drink.

It depends how well you handle it, and / or how ignorant to the effects the other person is.. do you know this person well and know their particulars?

Anyway, from here I can't tell what you're on whatsoever. It's weird. You could be on all 7 for all I know.

But I've never done drugs. I'm dumb.