Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The difference between Psilocybin Mushrooms and Amanitas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burnt Offerings

Moderator: Drug Culture & CEP
Staff member
What's the difference between psylocibin mushroom trips and amanita muscaria mushroom trips?

I've done psilocybins a number of different times, but never AMs...however, they grow wild in the forest near my house (I live in a northern climate, in Alaska). I've heard that AMs are more intense/dangerous than regular mushrooms, but I don't know for sure. Guess I'm just curious as to how they compare and contrast from people who've done both.

psilocybin mushrooms are fun for me and even spiritual at times

amanita's , not so much so ~

The difference is that psilocybin mushrooms (shrooms) contain psilocybin and psilocin which are psychedelics, to basically sum up the effects: laughter, intensifying of emotions good or bad, deepened contemplative thoughts and philosophic thinking, visual disturbances, other sensory distortion, euphoria, fear, confusion etc.

But amanita's contain different chemicals: ibotenic acid and muscarin. The effects from that are dissociation, sweating, blurred vision, a dreamy somewhat delirious experience, yes it is psychedelic also but in a much different and it seems more fucked up way. Amanita's aren't even remotely as popular as psilocybin mushrooms and there is a reason. The experience is harder, not more intense necessarily (depends on dosage) but you just can't seem to do as much with it, hard to control and pretty freaky and warped. It may be interesting but amanita's are also not as easy to get or grow, plus there are deadly mushrooms that look like them.

Basically, other than that they are both mushrooms you would do well to initially see them as very different drugs because they contain very different chemicals. It's the chemicals that manifest experiences from out inside of us, not the fact that they are in a mushroom or a plant.

Burnt Offerings, the title of this thread will be renamed to:
"the difference between psilocybin mushrooms and amanitas" for clarification yea?

Amanitas are just a whole different experience. I'd liken my experience with them to be somewhere between being very drunk & ketamine.

Although I'd much rather be drunk or on ket. Amanitas are not pleasant in any way.

Ive never heard of Amanitas being "more intense" than Psylocibin though...seems kind of backwards there.

However in large amounts Amanitas can make the user quite delerious and frightened. I guess it really depends on the dose and person though.

A friend of a friend of mine went a little nuts while under the influence of AMs, so that's mostly what I based that on...don't really know much about them in general, though.. But of course I guess the same thing can happen with PMs, although I've never had a bad trip on them.

The difference is that psilocybin mushrooms (shrooms) contain psilocybin and psilocin which are psychedelics, to basically sum up the effects: laughter, intensifying of emotions good or bad, deepened contemplative thoughts and philosophic thinking, visual disturbances, other sensory distortion, euphoria, fear, confusion etc.

But amanita's contain different chemicals: ibotenic acid and muscarin. The effects from that are dissociation, sweating, blurred vision, a dreamy somewhat delirious experience, yes it is psychedelic also but in a much different and it seems more fucked up way. Amanita's aren't even remotely as popular as psilocybin mushrooms and there is a reason. The experience is harder, not more intense necessarily (depends on dosage) but you just can't seem to do as much with it, hard to control and pretty freaky and warped. It may be interesting but amanita's are also not as easy to get or grow, plus there are deadly mushrooms that look like them.

Basically, other than that they are both mushrooms you would do well to initially see them as very different drugs because they contain very different chemicals. It's the chemicals that manifest experiences from out inside of us, not the fact that they are in a mushroom or a plant.

Thanks.

Burnt Offerings, the title of this thread will be renamed to:
"the difference between psilocybin mushrooms and amanitas" for clarification yea?

Sure.

If there is anything unclear you can ask, though I think it should now have become evident that these are quite separate drugs.

Renamed thread but a bit pointless (silly of me) since it seems kind of answered. Visit the threads for Mushrooms and Amanitas, both found in the Psychedelic Index at the top of the PD forum main list, look for it.

You can always send a message to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.