(MEGA) The Current Site Bug/Technical Issues Repository

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, do we still have anything like a friend request?

It seems a bit much to just start following someone who doesn't know you're doing it. ?

how would a friends level differ from follow? following just makes their public posts show in "your news feed", doesnt really need to be mutual, but can easily be used maliciously by bad actors

it would be nice to be able to prevent specific users from following you; i'm guessing whatever block/ignore list xf has will be pretty much the same as vb's, they see your posts but you don't see theres, in which case a proper block function to be used against stalkers would also be great.

Clicking the "back" button (from a thread back to its parent subforum), I get this message often:
Oops! We ran into some problems.
Security error occurred. Please press back, refresh the page, and try again.

And the threads that show are in a different order than before (seems like a cached state from my last visit?). Refreshing solves it, but it's annoying.

^Hmm, I've not experienced that. I just tried to force it to happen, each time I simply went back to where I had been and stuff was ordered the same. I would suspect that's a cache issue. Thanks for posting :)

when this update first happened, seems like images inserted with imgr were fine. as of recently, they're showing as un-parsed links. that gonna be fixed overall? that's a ton of images that don't show anymore.

also, so many images are just a red x for some reason. sometimes refreshing the page makes them show.

Thanks for that hydro, imgr is broken atm and needs to be fixed when we get a chance, so those images should return shortly.

Can you point me to any of the images that were sometimes showing and sometimes an x?

Just a hunch, but maybe the ones that involve an s, m or l at the end representing small medium or large? Either that and/or some kind of bb embedded links.

Was it bleeped before? If so, I assume just replaced with ******, correct?

got one!

Good Will Hunting :)

hqdefault.jpg

this was an image icon with an x until i refreshed the page.

Thanks for posting that hydro, it looks like it could be a minor issue with the image proxy (basically, for security, images posted on BL come to users through us first and not directly from third party sites). I'll see if there's a solution.

I've just started getting an annoying little pop up window that says "hey Fubar, come and play spot the ball" when I'm on BL.

Anyone else getting this shit?

little pop up window that says "hey Fubar, come and play spot the ball"

@CFC is testing out some of the site's functionality to draw people to certain things. I'm not sure if he turned it on for everyone, or just staff.

There is an 'x' on it if you want to dismiss it permanently you old grouch @F.U.B.A.R. :p

BTW there's a game In TL called 'spot the ball', come play! ;)

There is an 'x' on it if you want to dismiss it permanently you old grouch @F.U.B.A.R. :p

BTW there's a game In TL called 'spot the ball', come play! ;)

Yeh, I had to dismiss it 3 times before it stopped popping up. The only balls I want to play with are my own, so any more of these clickbait shenanigans matey and I'm going to go and cry into my beer... ?

It was bleeped before. I have no opinion.

Nah, I'm pretty sure it wasn't bleeped. I don't recall BL doing that to any particular words. We just asked people not to use them.

I don't like websites that filter like that. Seems repressive and pointless- it's not the sequence of letters that is offensive, it's the cultural baggage and the actual meaning that people find offensive. There is no difference between writing fucking cunt or f***ing c***, it's still clear that I am not talking about farting cats.

If the site seems to stall out once in awhile, most likely that was me doing something on the server. I don't expect it to stall everyone like that, but it may happen occasionally and should pass in a few minutes. You may resume your normal postwhoring.

Nah, I'm pretty sure it wasn't bleeped. I don't recall BL doing that to any particular words.

you're telling me that the lounge was forced to use damien instead of nigger for nothing? My whole career as a Lounge Rat as been a fucking lie since the beginning.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.