• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Psychedelic Thought Loops Thread

When I take acid on a psy party i'll loop all the time till I let go my ego and then I'am everything no more loops till I come out that state and I will loop again till the acid is wearing off. Only realising what has happened when it's gone. Maybe it has to do something with letting go not trying to do regular stuff but travelling other dimensions.

For me, if I end up in the loop stage I just say "fuck it" and go with the flow. It seems to work every time.

^ Yeah. Take mushrooms for instance. The comeup is usually a little rough because your ego has a defense mechanism - fear. Once your ego is smashed the fear subsides and you can enjoy the loop. Always a religious experience.

i had a CRAZY looping experiance while on 2c-e and 5-meo-dmt.... Started looking at a mirror

I looped on DXM...spent most of the night alternating between lying down on my back and closing my eyes, convinced that some rest was what I needed, then snapping my eyes open, sitting bolt upright and swinging my legs around on to the floor, before returning to lying.

It was fucked, because I had never experienced anything like this before, and I was alone. There was really nothing I could do to stop it. I guess it wasn't helped by the fact I had the idea in my head that if I did go to sleep, i would forget to breathe and die. Then I saw the Death God and realised that death wasn't that freaky and finally nodded off.

I was at a party once on a goood dose of acid. at times i was like:
i need to get water-> i take a step in the direction to the wc, i hear the nice music -> i need to dance and take a step in the direction to the dancefloor -> i want to talk to my friends and take a step in the direction to the couches -> repeat
that was quite confusing but nonetheless fun. the real thought loops (of not so positive thoughts :( ) started later on...

i dont think what ive experienced was quite the same but the same none the less..
on shrooms me and a few friends were wondering round outside and since we were just wondering (which normally i woulda considered fine, but this was not normal) and for some reason we NEEDED something to do. so we would come up with an idea and start to go do that but then someone would say...dduuuuuude, what are we gonna doooooo? and it starts over. all night. musta been funny to see a group of kids wondering back and forth in a parking lot all night lol. didnt stop til someone said they needed to go home and then everyone NEEDED to go home.

B240C said:
for some reason we NEEDED something to do

This is probably the reason lone trips are so much better. Fuck needing "something to do", mushroom trips are meant to do nothing. I feel the need pretty strongly alone, I'm sure with a group it would be intensified 10-fold.

Im guessing nobody in here has had high dose 5-meo-dipt death loops from hell? Unlike the loops the original poster talked about...these loops happened seconds after each other...and while I was in a chat room. I typed "HELP" like 1000 times that night because I was stuck in that loop...Man that was crazy

All i have to say is, what a loop.

I am not completely positive if this would consider a loop to you, though i have been in them myself. I am not the most experianced in acid per say by taking it alot, but i do think that i have grown more and become smarter when i take 3-4 hits. The loop i am talking about i went into my bathroom and stared at myself, watched my pupils go big to small, big to small. Watched my head start melting and my whole body shortening somewhat, and then here is the loop. I sat and stared at myself and i am assuming an because it was for so long. Really scary but to me if something is so intense and scary its kind of good for me, because any kind of tripping for me has been fun even though it could be considered bad ot someoen else. So im sitting staring at myself in the mirror and i remember after the hour or so and just kept talking to myself, outloud. Then i would stop talking, still hearing the words in the background but my lips wernt moving. This happened over and over with the same words and whatnot and everytime i tried to leave id turn the light back on and do the same thing. Really intense, on that OC right now so im talking alot. thanks for the time fellow blue lighters

If you loop, you're thinking too much.

To stop thinking, just step into the moment. Notice everything, each moment afresh.

Turn off your mind, relax and float downstream.

It is not dying.

x

Yea, i ended up getting out of the conversation with myself by just saying " wait, what the fuck am i doing" and i started relizing what happened, i guess the advice you gave theghostofbillhicks is what i had used myself

I find that the thought loop that happens on acid can't be entirely avoided, but it can be improved. Try practicing simple tasks on acid (something even as simple as making a sandwich), just watch and focus on what you are doing. When you get lost in a loop, stop and look at what is going on in the situation and evaluate what progress has been made, and what needs to be done to complete your objective. Chances are you will probably have great difficulty to even realize that you are doing something repititious, let alone bring yourself back from that state. It helps if you have some type of external structure(i.e. a schedule of events) to use as a basis for your physical actions, rather than letting your mind decide for you. While this isn't really necessary, writing notes on what needs to be done may come in handy if you are at an event or something that might be difficult to find your way out of. I imagine that the more experienced trippers out there who enjoy doing particular activities (like playing guitar), have an easier time staying with things than those going into the experience who have not practiced this. As VertexShader said, look at a clock for some guidance. While tripping, being around a clock/time is basically like an anchor in that it can provide you with a rough sense of how the world outside of your head is progressing.

Last edited:
theghostofbillhicks said:

To stop thinking, just step into the moment. Notice everything, each moment afresh.

It is not dying.

x
This is GREAT advice. Couldn't have said it better myself.

Time Loop?

Im not experienced with psychedelics, but are you all talking about the time loop in which in theory it is possible to experience the same event for eternity but some how you get out of it?

kisps said:
Try practicing simple tasks on acid

While i admire your sentiment I think that if it was that easy to break the loop then it wouldn't be much of a discussion topic!

Recognising that you're in one is only part of the experience. Trying to take control can sometimes be the worst way to deal with it, especially if it starts to freak you out more.

Looking at a clock can be a mind blower on its own. Grappling with the "human" concept of time will probably get you nowhere fast (that's rather punny:))

I think Bills-ghost was closer to a solution with his Beatles quote. If you can just reassure yourself that you're ONLY tripping, that works sometimes.

:D :D :D

I have not that much true hallucinogen experience, but with DXM, I looped a bunch of times in the exact same way. I would be super high (far to high to go out but w/e i always did cause im dumb lol) and my friend would call and say "im here dude come out", I'd go to the door, forget what i was doing and sit down. Then he'd call again "come out" and id be like "ok" hang up the phone, and forget what was going on... lol it always happened like SOO many times before either he would come to my house and get me, or i'd remember for long enough to get outside.

theghostofbillhicks said:

It is not dying.

x

what does dying have to do with anything?

ego loss feels like dying. many people panic and think they are dying, when they are not.

on a similar note, anyone see the florida (I think?) quarterback who was arrested because he was in the middle of the road claiming to be god?

sounds like LSD to me.

B240C said:
what does dying have to do with anything?

er, was that a rhetorical question? Nah, don't answer;)

It's part of a lyric is all. Only peeps over 40 would know it.