View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Methoxetamine / MXE Thread - Holey Shit no. 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, really? For me MXE is about the smoothest and easiest thing to snort I have ever snorted, it's never once burned in the slightest, I barely feel it at all. I just like oral dosing better, so I do that. If I go out I cap up what I think I will want in the doses I'll want, like you said.

I've also tried smoking it twice now. Once was last weekend, on top of a moderate oral dose. Then last night I tried just smoking it, 15mg then 10mg. It's quite nice, a very sudden onset, less duration (though still 2+ hours), and a different feeling than any other ROA I've tried (oral, sublingual, insufflated, rectal). It feels less deep and more speedy but also kind of like an anxiolytic JWH experience. I felt quite good and smoothly stimulated, not even an increased heart rate, just energy. Less dissociation in general. I definitely don't prefer it but it's interesting to know that MXE can be used in another way that is quite distinct. What I did was put a couple of marijuana leaf pieces in my bowl to plug it, and poured the dose on top. Then I hit it, hovering the flame above. The MXE melts into the leaves, and you also get a small hit during this. Then I smoke the leaves more directly and get a lot of smoke. The smoke tastes sweet, quite good really.

Last edited:
I also love vaporizing it for the smell/taste mostly, 10-20 mg on top of an oral dose to get the 'essence' of it in my space.

Wow, really? For me MXE is about the smoothest and easiest thing to snort I have ever snorted, it's never once burned in the slightest, I barely feel it at all. I just like oral dosing better, so I do that. If I go out I cap up what I think I will want in the doses I'll want, like you said.

Nah it doesn't burn much when snorting, but it does seem to cause some irritation in my nostrils the days following use. Never any nosebleeds or anything, but bits of my nose feel sore and I get scabs and runnyness.

Once I had a batch that burned very little, it was working fine though. Now I have the white stuff that you can't feel at all when you snort, its amazing. Fucking MXE is too good!

I've been finding the tan stuff to have an almost... opiate like buzz to it. It has a much more pronounced body high than any white granular or powdery MXE I've had. I would think that maybe MXE can after all effect opiate receptors, but then I would be having withdraws since I use it often. Hmmmm...

Anyone experience a similar difference between the new tan MXE and older white batches?

I stupidly tried nasal again last night, and while it works alright with this batch, I definitely think it's about time I gave oral a shot. I think I'll take a tolerance break first though.

I have noticed my last couple of trips on it felt really good, and even though it always does, I took note of the increase in pleasurable sensations.

During my last binge I was regularly talking with 'spirits' who were telling me quite clearly why I am here on this planet, and while they enjoyed my company (it is a celebrated occasion to receive a visit from a spirit who is connected to their 'other side') they told me I must go back to help bridge the two worlds, tell the world that 'the spirit world' is real, and by bridging the worlds it will help heal the fractures/imbalances that we are currently experiencing in this world. It's some real 'Dark Crystal' shit if you all have seen that movie. Very Epic, the ultimate play between Light and Dark.

i also have those kinds of visions. I´m currently pursuing such task, hoping to link the scientific and hippy community from this small island, as I´m lucky enough to have friends on both, still unlinked, sides. An ayahuasca ceremony is to follow soon (prepared by the hippies), and the group of scientists I´m friend of are very interested about it. They are coming, even though they have zero experiences with psychedelics, but confessed to be highly intrigued by the perspective of trying such substance. They are aware of the fact psychedelics have seemed to aid the scientific imagination in the past, allowing us to see and combine concepts under a new light

I have noticed my last couple of trips on it felt really good, and even though it always does, I took note of the increase in pleasurable sensations.
Yeah, the body high is usually good and all... but with this tan stuff, I've felt fucking amazing. I get glued to the floor, and even when I need to pee, I'll hold it just so I can bask in that warmth on the floor hah. It honestly feels like a decent hydrocodone buzz (the only opiate I have tried) mixed with the normal dissociation and with less head spinning feelings, and I'm not used to that with MXE.

yah sounds like you got good MXE for the potential for that to happen.

I'm still feeling 30mg i took a few hours ago. snorted / oral half ea.

quite a nice trip i had. just i want to take some tramadol, anyone have exp regarding this? i still feel the MXE strong, so it would be unsafe?

yah sounds like you got good MXE for the potential for that to happen.

I'm still feeling 30mg i took a few hours ago. snorted / oral half ea.

quite a nice trip i had. just i want to take some tramadol, anyone have exp regarding this? i still feel the MXE strong, so it would be unsafe?

Idk, Tramadol seems to have a lot of dangerous reactions with drugs. Ol' Dirty Basdard'd

Mxe is one of the smoothest things to sniff. But I too develop scabs following, and nosebleeds when I subsequently pick them. It is very painful. I plug and sniff. Makes me worried about plugging but I don't get irritation so I guess i don't worry about it. I can't put this stuff near my nose again i don't think. Not to mention its pretty noticeable and Idk ppl prolly think i'm like a huge cokehead or I'm sick or something. I'm gonna try oral next time. btw I went thru that 2 grams of mxe in like 5 days. and it was good stuff too. had a two really trippy out of body crazy experiences for like 30 mins. These occurred when listening to Alan Watts or music ( and it kind of changes my taste like normally I can't really stand alan watts sober but with mxe i become entranced. flying lotus the same. normally i would say its a bit too jazzy and weird and abstract. on mxe i tend to get really "heady" if you will. with the lights off and I had to really "try" to make the experience happen but with a little effort they happened. Unfortunately I had a bit of a psychotic break when I ran out. I don't know if it was chemically induced, me sulking about running out of mxe or other life situations or a combination but I acted like a lunatic screaming at those closest to me swearing screaming throwing an absolut tantrum. just regrettable behavior. Has this happened to ppl? I mean I'm no stranger to mxe and this isnt typical. maybe it was a coincidence. either way... my source seems to be drying up. I have what might be my last 2 g's in the forseeable future coming. Hopefully I can stretch it more than 5 days. history shows i have no self control when it comes to much of anything, but mxe in particular is the most compulsive. You somehow feel like not effected or I do. even when i'm totally faded i always feel like another redose. when i come down i realize how gone i was but at the time its like i hardly notice it and then bam i get completely fucked up for like 30 mins and then i come down and then i do more....

Intrigued by vortech's and Xorkoth's smoking roa, I just tried vaping a 10-15mg dose sprinkled on top of some tobacco. It does hit quit quick, in that I felt a nice buzzing sensation in my forehead seconds after exhaling. Overall it does seem to have more of a cannabinoid like feel to it rather than a dissociative feel (cannabinoids can be sort of dissociating as well though). Smoke was smooth and taste was not unpleasant.

I also love vaporizing it for the smell/taste mostly, 10-20 mg on top of an oral dose to get the 'essence' of it in my space.

said this before i lovevaping it to smoking the blood of christ as i call it lol

Can anyone recommend or have experience of a good oral dose in a concert environment? I'm going to see Tycho tomorrow and thinking about doing it this way for the first time.

I have a bit of tolerance and 80mg insufflated normally gets me to where I want, but I've read that oral dosing is best in smaller amounts.

Try 60 mg oral if 80 insufflated is what does you good. I might recommend starting with 40 mg if out in public, and then bring 2 20mg booster doses (capsules, rizla paper bombs whatever works) take 1 booster 45-60 min after first dose and the second 'as needed' when you feel yourself falling down from the clouds.

Anyway sounds fun, love tycho, my first listen of his new album was while holing. Everything was orange and glowing, and I felt like the music was catalyzing my source energy and i was gathering it in my hands.

Hey, can anyone who used MXE at least for 3 yrs (like I am) answer my question?

I tried MXE first time at '11 and it instantly became my... my precious :) Next year was full of magic but one black day somehow my vendor decided to finish working and then whatever vendor I chose (tried 2 or 3 different sources) MXE wasn't as good as before - or effect isn't that good, or duration is 1.5 times shorter (even if I dose more than usual), or both, or other things I can't remember now. Ye, then I've found OK-quality MXE but that still wasn't such good as before.

So question is: am I the only one who experienced such problems? Can it be just bad luck or I somehow got permanent tolerance to MXE (I did a lot of breaks but MXE still didn't become better, so I guess tolerance isn't a problem) or/and my brain was broken in some way one day?

If question seems too personal I can reformulate it to more general view: does quality of batches HARDLY changed through last few years? Does quality generally better for now than before or vice versa?

Last edited:
Could be tolerance related, but you are not alone. Many people have posted here that the MXE they got before the UK ban was better than anything they can find now, but that MXE is still out there, just hiding amongst all the 'copycat' variations. I've even found one new variation that is just as good as the best but in different ways. It is hard to keep track though because vendors always come and go. Best advice is to find the good stuff and make a bulk purchase.
BTW welcome to the 3-year club! :)

Could be tolerance related, but you are not alone. Many people have posted here that the MXE they got before the UK ban was better than anything they can find now, but that MXE is still out there, just hiding amongst all the 'copycat' variations.
It's good to hear in some way for me.

It is hard to keep track though because vendors always come and go. Best advice is to find the good stuff and make a bulk purchase.
Good idea, I will keep it in mind.

BTW welcome to the 3-year club! :)
Ha, is there one? :) Thanks.

Try 60 mg oral if 80 insufflated is what does you good. I might recommend starting with 40 mg if out in public, and then bring 2 20mg booster doses (capsules, rizla paper bombs whatever works) take 1 booster 45-60 min after first dose and the second 'as needed' when you feel yourself falling down from the clouds.

Anyway sounds fun, love tycho, my first listen of his new album was while holing. Everything was orange and glowing, and I felt like the music was catalyzing my source energy and i was gathering it in my hands.

Perfect, cheers!

Yeah vaporized MXE tastes so good, really pleasant. It's not as good of an effect though, it's quite different from oral dosing, much less deep and immersive, it reminds me of an anxiolytic JWH more than anything.

FYI, MXE + 4-AcO-DMT is a great and very intense combination. I had 30mg of 4-AcO-DMT on top of a 20mg MXE launchpad last night, and I added 15mg of MXE later as well. The best trip I have ever had on 4-AcO-DMT, and one of the best and most revealing trips I have had in years. Truly beautiful and magical with synchronicity.

I'm going for a repeat of last months DXM + MXE combo! Recently they've upped the concentration of syrup here and I now get 400mg for the same price instead of 270mg. Hurray! Last time me and my friend had a really fun trip on 200mg DXM + insufflated bumps of MXE. I'm gonna go oral tonight as well as do it solo. Let's see how it goes :D

Status
Not open for further replies.