• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Escaline Thread

Can you post the mass spectrum here? I might have a look at it if these are the precursor from the synthesis.

Can't find it now... strange. I'm positive I saved it somewhere.

I'll stick this hear since it's not an outstanding TR:

I had done a good deal of research as to what my dose should be; in the end what I had weighted 80mg so that ended any further indecision on the matter and I took it 8.40am and felt it in 20-30minutes and by 45-50minutes my tongue was numb there was some head space and something slight in the vision. I lay in bed and read getting fair obviously intoxicated. It got a hard-serious feel and there is gut disturbance but to my surprise no nausea. From 11 or so it’s opening up a bit more and the visual element is coming to play but there is no heightening of colours. We find a Dog vomit slime mould in the garden and ID and do some research on it and other topics
12.40(3hrs) Sit out in the garden – seen things moving slightly but easily ignored – I’m not totally comfortable – tight, tense – not too bad but not restful. Bit mashed and feels hard.
We chat about politics then I start training the dog teaching her to roll it down the hill to me which is fun.
1.30 I notice the bodyload again – just a bit heavy prickly. Do some bit’s inside – it’s thoughtful – not neutral in that odd +/- 2C-E way but level/serious maybe even introverted and the bodyload eases off. One can enjoy this but it doesn’t push off in that direction on it’s own too much.
For the rest of the day there are waves of stimulation alternating with more comfortable phases. The only side effect is the continued gastric disturbance with some twitchiness and looseness in the bowel. I read more a lot more which is very engaging and letter sdon’t seem to swim whilst engaged in the activity. I try some music which sounds good. Later a walk out (hr 7.5-8.5hrs) feels mildly trippy. In fact its been pretty even for hours – the down slope is incredibly slow.
Escaline is the first 3,4,5 PEA substitution I’ve tried feels very different to the warm colourful 2C’s – it’s not entirely comfortable but could be quite interesting (at higher dose) and it’s more anorexic than average. there was another wave of stimulation around 10 hours and as with Shulgins dosage which is somewhat low (in fairness he differentiates sulphate/hcl however much difference that makes) so is his duration optimistic – this peters out rather slowly – it was terminated with benzo but likely the duration was over 15hrs.

Never had much luck with escaline for some reason. Tried it from two different sources and mainly felt a pleasant but jittery body euphoria and mild tracers. Nothing like mescaline or any of the 2c family I have tried. It does have a cool effect on music though.

Thanks for the report, Sir Ron Pib. :) Sounds interesting though not too significant at that level, but I'll definitely be interested to hear what you have to say about higher doses if you go back in. Personally, my suspicion and the feeling I've gotten from reading around so far is that the reason escaline and proscaline aren't said to be as strong of psychedelics as mescaline often is honestly because they need to be dosed like mescaline, at least 100+ mg, but PiHKAL got everyone convinced that like 50 mg or less was normal. This is not a recommendation to anyone to push those levels just to see what happens... but it just has been my impression so far. I've read of some pretty cool sounding reports with these molecules, but generally not much with lower doses, at least for what I personally would be looking for out of them.

We find a Dog vomit slime mould in the garden and ID and do some research on it and other topics

I found this sentence incredibly perplexing until I did a little research of my own lol.

I dont know why people generally have such cold attitude towards this chem, but it was a love at the first "sight" for me! 8)

I have tried it for the first time few weeks ago and man, it's an awesome chem!
Escaline is the best of all the xscalines I've tried and the closest to true Mescaline. When I say "best" I measure it with the "WOW!" factor and how I felt after the trip. ;)

I took 46mg as my first dose after trying minuscule amounts (1-3mg) of it a day before to see if I have any allergic response or in case if it would turn out to be a different chemical.

The substance looks as scaly yellowish crystals, taste "phenethylaminic" bitter.

Had a medium breakfast two and a half hours before taking it and in retrospect it could have been the reason for slight nausea I had while coming up. Validol and breathing menthol oil vapors helped with it and I did not have to resort to taking Ondansetron (although most likely I will preload with it if taking double the amount of Escaline).

Started to feel effects in about 30-40 minutes - typical phenethylamine slow come up with some nausea and body tenseness. Coming up continued for another hour and by two hours I started slowly peaking.
Thats when I felt safe to take 20mg of 4-HO-EPT. The reason behind this addition is my phenomenally good experience of mixing it with Mescaline (cactus extract HCL). 4-HO-EPT went like bread and butter with Escaline! :)

I peaked at about 3 hours into a beautiful serene and very positive mindset, felt stimulated and motivated. Too bad I was staying in and the weather outside was terrible for walking. Escaline is perfect for long hikes IMO - energetic, springy, made me feel like a kid again! :D

The peak with Escaline is similar to Mescaline - looong and life-affirming. I felt so much energy in me, so much power!
Escaline feels extremely lucid and concept piercing, feels very similar to my experimentation with low-dose (100-200mg) Mescaline with Harmaline. The clarity of thought was astounding!

Similar to Mescaline, it was very euphoric to do body stretches and yoga stuff! xscalines are the best chems for yoga and body work as they all induce body euphoria and supply connection to earth, the ground, very warming.

Music sounded incredible! I listened to three live albums by Ashra Temple and was glowing almost literally. I felt very happy, but it was "organic" wholesome feeling of happiness because of the realuisation that I am alive and able to experience life right now - it was an amazing feeling gratitude towards our Earth and all living beings.

I felt my mind was capable of resolving a lot of conflicts, dealing with past mistakes (memory recollection was really good and effective), asking myself questions like "what I want in life" and getting answers right away.

Visuals only included brightness amplification and "sparkliness", but I think Mescaline-like visions are not far away and just limited by dosage. Next time I will definitely try a larger amount, about 86mg I'm thinking - we'll see if this turns them up! 8)

For the purity of the experiment I should have abstain from adding the tryptamine but I could not resist the urge - building euphoria just screamed to me to add more! I know for a fact that xscalines (and most other phens) are to be taken once throughout the trip, since they take forever for me to come up and I build a tolerance almost immediately. So I instinctively took the 4-HO-EPT which was an absolute hit! I think 4-AcO-MET might play nicely with Escaline too, maybe even DET's subs...

All in all, I highly recommend to try Escaline for those who always wanted to try Mescaline but were never able to. They are very similar with Escaline being a lot more mind-oriented, very aware and lucid. Mescaline offers more visuals and unique visions, as well as more euphoric body feel but it also has an inevitable puking and a very long comedown. With Escaline (mixed with 4-HO-EPT) I came down by the 12th hour and was able to sleep comfortably.

Hey, man, I sure wish my escaline I got wasn't apparently quite impure. :\ Sounds great! How does it compare to proscaline? Also, what does your escaline look like? Mine is a chalky white powder, whereas my proscaline (which is definitely good) is a shimmering, flaky crystal powder.

With mescaline I don't find it to be a "comedown"... it's immensely comfortable the whole time, I feel like gradually it just becomes part of me, rather than coming down. Do you get an unpleasant comedown from mescaline?

My escaline is a glittery/shimmery white like your proscaline. It's the only 'xscaline' I've had the chance to try, wasn't blown away by 50mg, but it was a good trip, long comeup of course but as you said it was fairly life-affirming, "don't forget who you are" type stuff.

That trip was two apartments ago lol and I haven't touched it since, might dig it out after reading your report

Anyone have experience taking this while on an SSRI? I take 10mg of Lexapro (escitilopram) every night. Could it possibly be a dangerous combo, or would the escaline be substantially dulled? I've taken ald-52 without stopping the Lexapro and still tripped, but it was definitely dulled. Would one expect escaline to be more or less dulled?

It won't be dangerous, psychedelics and SSRIs do not produce a dangerous combination, but for many people the trip is dulled. Some people seem to be affected more or less the same, while some find it really hard to trip. Sounds like you're one of the ones where psychedelics are dulled, so I'd expect this to be the case with all serotonergic psychedelics.

Xorkoth, my Escaline is crystalline looking, shiny and somewhat scaly powder of white color with yellowish tinge. IME all x-scalines are shiny off-white crystals, allyl ones being darker tan in color. Chalky white powder does sound a bit strange, have you tried reagent test it?

The comedown from Mescaline is not bad but I usually can't fall asleep having a hyperactive mind and having headaches (most phenethylamines do it to me at high enough dose) at about 14-16hrs past intake. It does not happen with lower dosage and/or when taken with MAOI. My normal typical dosage for extracted cactus HCL would be between 300-500mg.

DroneLore, have you tried using phenethylamine based stimulants while on Lexapro?
If everything went fine with that, then Escaline should do fine as well IMO. Something tells me that x-scalines will not be dulled as much by SSRIs as most tryptamine based psychedelics.
SSRIs are involved in inhibition of cytochrome P450 2D6 enzyme that metabolizes a lot of drugs but since Mescaline is unaffected by it, I theorize that Escaline is also unaffected by this enzyme so I dont see any direct or dangerous interaction between two.

...wasn't blown away by 50mg, but it was a good trip, long comeup of course but as you said it was fairly life-affirming, "don't forget who you are" type stuff.
That trip was two apartments ago lol and I haven't touched it since, might dig it out after reading your report
^^^For those who didnt get much out of Escaline - maybe try it in a combo with a tryptamine of your choice? (but only if you know how to handle your shit if something goes wrong!)

Few other things to mention:
Escaline was not erotic and made me withdraw to analytical and spiritual realms, despite giving a pleasurable body feel. Thoughts of intimacy just didnt come up.
It was quite a pronounced anorectic too, in a similar fashion to Mescaline - had to force myself to eat some fruit and drink some almond milk throughout the day after ingestion, all tasted delicious though! :D

Last edited:
Xorkoth, my Escaline is crystalline looking, shiny and somewhat scaly powder of white color with yellowish tinge. IME all x-scalines are shiny off-white crystals, allyl ones being darker tan in color. Chalky white powder does sound a bit strange, have you tried reagent test it?

I got is GC/MS lab tested actually, it contained escaline and a variety of other peaks. I know it's bad, I was just wondering. It's a shame because I have multiple grams of this shitty escaline. Got 3C-E, 3C-P and proscaline from the same source (very, very cheap Chinese vendor) and the other 3 are all good, quite pure, they look like they should. But unfortunately the escaline was bad which sucks because it's the one I was most interested in.

If you have multiple grams of it and it is useless anyways I would recommend a cleanup.

Either go for recrystallization from IPA or do an AB extraction. PM me if you need details.

How does it compare to proscaline?
I seem to have missed that very good question! :)

Proscaline feels more recreational, dissociative, pain-relieving (quite pronounced actually) and anti-depressant (using sporadically at 10-12mg with other supplements for that purpose), and so it is very useful chem IME, and a great versatile mixer and a party drug (perfect for music jam sessions with beers and people you never met!). Proscaline is definitely pro-social and shows entactogenic effects, not as strong as with MDMA but definitely noticeable. It is less of an anorectic than Escaline but presents some tight chest feelings if going up past 50mg where Escaline only caused a minor nausea on the come-up.
I prefer Proscaline to MDA (although they combined nicely8)) and APBs/APDBs lately for it's empathy and sociability due to positive glow instead of mild depression that follows afterwards with most serotonin releasers.

Escaline feels a lot more ehtheogenic than P, intuitively I got into meditative mind set with it. Escaline has deeper and more meaningful head space than P. Thinking of hedonistic type of fun was not naturally happening with it as it does with Proscaline. Escaline might be combined successfully with some 4-AcO-DMT I think, for some spiritual or mental insights. But Escaline is not necessarily an introverted drug, on the opposite - it is quite extraneous and make you want to communicate, just not as much as with Proscaline, IME.

Thanks for the comparison. :) Have you had mescaline? How do both compare to mescaline? I've had M and P, and I find that P has some similarities to M but M provides such a more profound and well-rounded experience, also the feeling from M is one of centeredness and peace, wisdom and good humor. P seems a little more like a euphoric stimulant.

Yes, I have taken both synthesized Mescaline and extracts from various cactuses in different forms (brews, HCL salts, H2SO4 salts) with the exception of trying real peyote buttons. If I understand correctly, peytote will be psychoactive only if it grows in the wild, which is pretty rare to find.

After trying AL, MAL, M, E, P and 3C-P, I'd say Mescaline is the best of the bunch providing the most rounded wholesome experience where you feel like you don't need anything else to be happy.

Escaline follows in closely being slightly less euphoric and meaningful and with less visual activity but being the closest to M out of all x-scalines analogs. Synthesized Mescaline felt very similar to my Escaline experience, kind of clean and a bit sterile but still a very fun trip.

Then I would put Methallylescaline - if not for it's weird memory clouding effects and nausea, it could have been even #1 for me. Also the rarity of it nowadays.

Than goes Proscaline. IMO it is far from being just an euphoric stimulant, especially if choosing the right combo and set/setting (had a very strong trip combining 30mg of P with 15mg of 4-HO-MiPT)!
I would put 3C-P right there with Proscaline as their effects are quite similar, and 3C-P feeling like I added some DOC to my Proscaline.

Finishing up with Allylescaline - it does not mean that this chem is useless! I like it a lot for long day hikes, it goes very nicely with beers and a company of friends, very good for giggles, I repeat - Allylescaline is VERY GOOD for giggles, especially if combined with weed! =D

Thanks for the comparisons. :) The vendor I got my proscaline, escaline, 3C-E and 3C-P from (of which all but the escaline was good quality) was also offering MAL, AL, and cyclopropylmescaline (CPM) which is was very excited to try, CPM seems to be loved by experimenters in PIHKAL and compared to mescaline. But the others were always "still being synthed" and eventually I changed my order to some other stuff. Really wish I had a chance to try MAL also. It would have been really cool to get some CPM because I haven't heard of anyone having or trying it, really, except in PIHKAL.

Thanks for the comparisons. :) The vendor I got my proscaline, escaline, 3C-E and 3C-P from (of which all but the escaline was good quality) was also offering MAL, AL, and cyclopropylmescaline (CPM) which is was very excited to try, CPM seems to be loved by experimenters in PIHKAL and compared to mescaline. But the others were always "still being synthed" and eventually I changed my order to some other stuff. Really wish I had a chance to try MAL also. It would have been really cool to get some CPM because I haven't heard of anyone having or trying it, really, except in PIHKAL.
We need MAL back, along with introduction of CPM! :p
I would be sooo happy to know that someone is going to synth CPM!..8)

Yes, I have taken both synthesized Mescaline and extracts from various cactuses in different forms (brews, HCL salts, H2SO4 salts) with the exception of trying real peyote buttons. If I understand correctly, peytote will be psychoactive only if it grows in the wild, which is pretty rare to find.

After trying AL, MAL, M, E, P and 3C-P, I'd say Mescaline is the best of the bunch providing the most rounded wholesome experience where you feel like you don't need anything else to be happy.

Escaline follows in closely being slightly less euphoric and meaningful and with less visual activity but being the closest to M out of all x-scalines analogs. Synthesized Mescaline felt very similar to my Escaline experience, kind of clean and a bit sterile but still a very fun trip.

Then I would put Methallylescaline - if not for it's weird memory clouding effects and nausea, it could have been even #1 for me. Also the rarity of it nowadays.

Than goes Proscaline. IMO it is far from being just an euphoric stimulant, especially if choosing the right combo and set/setting (had a very strong trip combining 30mg of P with 15mg of 4-HO-MiPT)!
I would put 3C-P right there with Proscaline as their effects are quite similar, and 3C-P feeling like I added some DOC to my Proscaline.

Finishing up with Allylescaline - it does not mean that this chem is useless! I like it a lot for long day hikes, it goes very nicely with beers and a company of friends, very good for giggles, I repeat - Allylescaline is VERY GOOD for giggles, especially if combined with weed! =D

peyote is active when grown at home and in the wild with higher concentrations being found in older specimens. always wanted to try MAL. Mesc HCL is the way to go especially with such strong San Pedro hybrids being in circulation these days.

Thanks for posting your meta-analysis Volsam, it's always very interesting to read a comparison across a class of chemicals! I haven't gone very far into exploring the 'scalines aside from mescaline from cacti, which I enjoy very much.

peyote is active when grown at home and in the wild with higher concentrations being found in older specimens. always wanted to try MAL. Mesc HCL is the way to go especially with such strong San Pedro hybrids being in circulation these days.

I'm interested to hear about these strong hybrids. I haven't followed what's been going on in the world of cactus growing lately.