• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives The Big & Dandy DXM Thread - Part 2 - Robojesus, forgive us our sins

Yeah over the counter. The brand name is Imodium in Australia but as always get the chemists own brand as same drug but much cheaper

Just a forewarning that this'll be merged with the main DXM thread once you've had a chance to reply :)

IMO Zicam Cough Spray you can get it online is better like a shot glass of DXM lol has quite a lot in it too google it.

A question about DXM

I am a fairly heavy dxm user, Just took 3 bottles of dxm robo pills(900mg) I have not taken this much in a long time.. Any idea what to expect from this dose and any suggestions as for things to do while tripping.. currently planning on listing to some trippy music:D

The pills take longer to kick in but seem to be slightly more intense and they also are easier to down, no nasty syrup
Syrup on the other hand tasted bad but kicks in faster and tends to make ones trip a little faster

I did that and smoked heaps of weed, I could hardly move just lay on the couch and listened to music and floated away in my mind haha
do you have a laser? lasers are always cool

It depends on your tolerance among other things. If you had a high dxm tolerance in the past chances are you still have it now. Dxm tolerance never really goes away not to mention the magic is lost for some people. On the other hand If your worried you might freak out or have a bad experience I recommend weed with this as as it guarantees it will go over good for me at least.

I remember reading that pure DXM powder was inactive for many people, is this still true or was this just some random case I read? I've seen sources for pure DXM powder but I haven't wanted to order it since reading that.. And I'm certainly not up for chugging bottles of that nasty shit again lol..... Way too old for that shit.

I remember reading that pure DXM powder was inactive for many people, is this still true or was this just some random case I read? I've seen sources for pure DXM powder but I haven't wanted to order it since reading that.. And I'm certainly not up for chugging bottles of that nasty shit again lol..... Way too old for that shit.

I think the trouble is your stomach has trouble absorbing the pure powder, and this can lead to disappointing experiences given the dosage taken. If ya dissolve it in something like PEG or whatevs this problem can be avoided. As for the possibility of scammers selling bunk shit, it's possible, that's always a risk when buying though, isn't it? Take what precautions you can.

gibberish said:
If I have a moderate MXE tolerance, will I need to dose higher to compensate?

Quite possibly, but you might as well start on the lower end, assuming that you don't. Discrepancy between experience had and what you should have had at a given dosage may give you an idea of what tolerance is present.

DXM - length of trip

on the famous DXM faq on erowid mr. white says 1st and 2nd plateaus last about 6 hours. Of course the length of your trip varies in each person, and for me a 2nd plateau lasts almost 12 hours.. well I can't sleep until at least 10 hours have passed. I recently moved back home.. and let's just say my freedom is a little restricted now in terms of drug use. I was wondering if anyone knew how to shorten a DXM trip or of something you can safely take that allows you to sleep before 10 hours has passed. Pot helps me pass out every night, but on DXM it only intensifies what I'm feeling. I can't trip during the day here, so it would be ideal if I could trip in the evening without having to stay up all night. any tips?

are you by any chance using robitussin that says it's supposed to last "up to 8 hours"?

Theres that dxm that is slow release that makes you trip much longer but not as hard, it could be that you are using that.

OMG good question! I feel like an idiot... didn't even notice the little '8' on the pill bottle. so yes... i am. i hate drinking the syrup, tastes awful and i find it nearly impossible not to puke. and that's the only brand I've seen that sells DXM in pill form so.. I guess I have limited options.

But the "up to 8 hours" kind is plain old DXM HBr. It's delysm (12 hour version) that's extended release. I'd be worried that you are CYP2D6 enzyme deficient, custard. In which case this drug will last inordinately long since one with this deficiency can't metabolize it properly.

Also, after doing dissociatives, I generally can't sleep for 24 hours unless it's a low dose (2nd plateau if DXM I'm able to sleep on USUALLY but not if I dose over an extended period of time).

In short, expect sever insomnia if messin' with this stuff.

But the "up to 8 hours" kind is plain old DXM HBr. It's delysm (12 hour version) that's extended release. I'd be worried that you are CYP2D6 enzyme deficient, custard. In which case this drug will last inordinately long since one with this deficiency can't metabolize it properly.

Also, after doing dissociatives, I generally can't sleep for 24 hours unless it's a low dose (2nd plateau if DXM I'm able to sleep on USUALLY but not if I dose over an extended period of time).

In short, expect sever insomnia if messin' with this stuff.

Really? I did 900mg of DXM and I fell asleep real easily afterwards, same as when I do 600mg.